Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

a U.S. premiere at Universal Orlando would make sense

especially with a HUGE slice of the theme park getting converted soon, as well as major marketing ploy , whatever else harry potter that will be taking over orlando here soon

A movie premiere is a publicity stunt. You would not only have to fly the stars into Orlando that are in the film (which is in the realm of possibility), but premieres get their clout by having stars walk the red carpet that are not in the film. The last major film to do a premiere stunt in the Orlando area was that motorcycle movie with John Travolta because he lives near Ocala. Not many people heard about it and for good reason. You not only need celebrities, but you need the press corps and paparazzi. The paparazzi are not flying into Orlando when there will be a premiere in their own city (New York or LA or both). You know what I mean. Local Orlando news is not exactly buzz, unless you think flying in the stars of Harry Potter to Orlando will make every single parent in the metro take their kids to the park.

If they bring in the HP actors to Orlando for a premiere, you can put it in my face. Maybe one or two of the actors will be brought in for the park opening, like when Brendan Frazer was brought in for the Mummy ride, but the movie premiere... I just don't see it happening.

Did Peabody break ground? Builders show is over... Also, anyone have an update on the Hilton OCCC? I am particularly interested in seeing how this hotel interacts with I-Drive--it could help to set a positive, urban trend for future development along International if it meets the streetwall. We really only need one successful, urban development to turn things around (i'd say Pointe Orlando is a pretty good example of this).

Edited by prahaboheme

Did Peabody break ground? Builders show is over... Also, anyone have an update on the Hilton OCCC? I am particularly interested in seeing how this hotel interacts with I-Drive--it could help to set a positive, urban trend for future development along International if it meets the streetwall. We really only need one successful, urban development to turn things around (i'd say Pointe Orlando is a pretty good example of this).

The Hilton is going to be set pretty far back from I-drive. It's more towards the back corner of the North/South building from I-drive. There's not going to be much if any of a streetwall.

I was afrais to ask about the Peabody myself.

the hotel tower of Hilton is recessed, but not the meeting rooms and the rest of the superstructure.

I'drive's greatest asset is restaurants fronting the street. hotel towers don't have to be rising at the sidewalk to make it urban... it's all the other stuff that has to be there creating the density... right now, from Sand Lake to the Hilton, it's pretty dense... except for a parcel north of Pointe Orlando.

gotta do Opa! between 8-10pm... it's crazier than the one on Ocean Drive.

the hotel tower of Hilton is recessed, but not the meeting rooms and the rest of the superstructure.

I'drive's greatest asset is restaurants fronting the street. hotel towers don't have to be rising at the sidewalk to make it urban... it's all the other stuff that has to be there creating the density... right now, from Sand Lake to the Hilton, it's pretty dense... except for a parcel north of Pointe Orlando.

gotta do Opa! between 8-10pm... it's crazier than the one on Ocean Drive.

Dense perhaps, but urban?

By the way, buildings do have to rise at a sidewalk to make a street urban.

Hilton is actually on Universal, not I-drive.

Actually the Hilton property fronts I-Drive. OCCC North/South is inbetween the Hilton Property and Universal Blvd. You can see Universal Blvd from the Hilton but it does not front. Long Term North/South will be doubled in the direction of Single Creek, currently the parking lot. Once that happens, you will have to be in the tower in order to see Universal Blvd.

Check out this link, I posted some time ago.

http://paims.ocpafl.org/webmap/main.htm?cm...282401355700010

Zoom out and check the box by Feb 2006 for an aerial photo.

Just an update as I was out at Disney over the weekend and decided to take a ride over to the Eagle Pines/Osprey Ridge area to see if and what work has been done on the proposed Four Season's site. It was obvious that they have let one of the golf courses go to pot which I guess is the one that the Four Seasons is suppose to re-develop, and they have a lot of flags, barrier fences and the like placed around the golf course and in the adjacent wooded areas. There were also some earth movers and trucks sitting on property but as best I could tell NO earth had been turned yet. I have no idea how long this has been like this and maybe someone on this board does. I was just wondering if anyone had anymore info if and/or when they are anticiapating breaking ground on this project, assuming they haven't already and I just missed it.

This and the Waldorf are the 2 projets I am personally looking most forward to being developed.

Just an update as I was out at Disney over the weekend and decided to take a ride over to the Eagle Pines/Osprey Ridge area to see if and what work has been done on the proposed Four Season's site. It was obvious that they have let one of the golf courses go to pot which I guess is the one that the Four Seasons is suppose to re-develop, and they have a lot of flags, barrier fences and the like placed around the golf course and in the adjacent wooded areas. There were also some earth movers and trucks sitting on property but as best I could tell NO earth had been turned yet. I have no idea how long this has been like this and maybe someone on this board does. I was just wondering if anyone had anymore info if and/or when they are anticiapating breaking ground on this project, assuming they haven't already and I just missed it.

This and the Waldorf are the 2 projets I am personally looking most forward to being developed.

you know, there is a disney employee message board out there... can't remember the name, but I think that's where we first got wind of the Contemporary project... I bet you there's been talk on it.

someone the other day brought up Mandarin as looking to partner with WDW on a project... did someone report on this a while back?