Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

^ The atricle says 39 stories and tentatively 438 feet. BTW...this is in the City Limits of Orlando.

The next goal is to connect the Blue Rose to the Downtown Orlando skyline. I think we are still a few years out. This should look very impressive from I-4...Between this, Citymark, Aqua, and Peabody this area will start to take on a whole new look....

Edited by UPSDAN

Where's the rendering? Did I lose what magazine it can be found in? Wait, don't tell me... it too is Mediterranean Revival.

Orlando Style, on the page which profiles Unicorp.

^ The atricle says 39 stories and tentatively 438 feet. BTW...this is in the City Limits of Orlando.

I love this project, but is there something sacrosanct about the 441' mark ?

Is Orlando snakebitten ?

The city should really use this development as a catalyst to redevelop the four corners of this intersection, and get similar style hotels/development in the immediate vicinity. It would be nice to have a true pedestrian environment, even if its small, in this part of the I-Drive corridor (especially since its in the city limits).

FYI, the Blue Heron tower 1's color scheme SUCKS! no pix, sorry. Talk about taking one step forward and TWO steps back.

I totallt agree. It's horrible... aren't there supposed to be two more going up? Did you see the blue heron relief on the front of the building? It has been painted blue and contrasts with the hideous colors. It looks cheap IMO.

Also, yesterday there were little dents being made in one of the old Delta Resort buildings facing I-4. Today it's guts are hanging out and ready to be completely down. Woo hoo! :yahoo:

I totallt agree. It's horrible... aren't there supposed to be two more going up? Did you see the blue heron relief on the front of the building? It has been painted blue and contrasts with the hideous colors. It looks cheap IMO.

Also, yesterday there were little dents being made in one of the old Delta Resort buildings facing I-4. Today it's guts are hanging out and ready to be completely down. Woo hoo! :yahoo:

There's supposed to be a total of 4 towers, 2 at the height of the first one, and 2 more at 22 or so stories each.

I was on Major Blvd. on Sun. and didn't really notice much activity save for the yellow demolition wall up around the perimiter. that's good news.

Any news on Aqua?

This weeks OBJ has a few tidbits on the Blue Rose:

They say it's five 438ft towers (But based on the rendering it looks like a couple are a little shorter)

The 1,000 seat theater will have 2 shows alternating nights called Cantare (Latin Musical Review) and That's Music (American music from the 20's to today). Apparently the theater will be sponsored by a Fortune 500 company.

Construction begining in October or November and will open in 3 phases from August 2008 to January 2009. So even though it's phases they are building it mostly at the same time, some will just finish a little earlier.

that theatre should be bigger than Bob Carr.

Not so much. Bob Carr seats just over 2,500. For a better perspective, the Dr. Phillips High School Performing Arts Center around the corner from this site holds around 850. So, closer to that in terms of capacity.

Edited by uncreativeusername

I saw a report on Channel 6 last night that stated, to paraphrase, that construction will begin on the Blue Rose. There was some sort of get-together for all the people involved in the project. I don't know if I should take them literally though when they say construction is to begin. For some reason I thought this thing was in the planning phase. Is it really so far along?

And does anyone have any more info on CityMark? I know they're demolishing the Delta Resort, but is that to make way for immediate construction, or just to clear the lot and sit unused for an undetermined space of time? Advance thanks for any info. I love these attractions projects!

The first phase of the 30-acre Village of Imagine resort across from the north concourse of the Orange County Convention Center is scheduled to break ground on Thursday. The initial phase, called The Westin Imagine Orlando Residences, will feature 470 residences and condo hotel suites and is expected to open in 2008.

For more information about this development, check out villageofimagine.com.

locator500X500.jpg

voimasterplan4nq.jpg

voiaerialrendering2su.jpg

voigrandimaginerendering2xs.jpg