Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

Martin Lockheed at Sand Lake and Kirkman have a huge 6 or 7 story bldg. to the left of the main bldg. U/C. Anyone know what this is for-- is it theirs, or are they converting that area into a regular office park? Judging from its size, it looks like it could be 300,000 ft2 or more.

Martin Lockheed at Sand Lake and Kirkman have a huge 6 or 7 story bldg. to the left of the main bldg. U/C. Anyone know what this is for-- is it theirs, or are they converting that area into a regular office park? Judging from its size, it looks like it could be 300,000 ft2 or more.

It's theirs. They are using it as an office for themselves. Their is also a material storage warehouse being built next to it.

Orlando Tower-- look at the site plan for World Gateway-- it depicts a future link to connect I-Drive to I-Drive south, just like in the first Ballari renderings from Amon.

Look at the new site plan for Ballari-- it does not mesh with the site plan from the original rendering -- I think they put the wrong project in the picture for Ballari. doubtful, but like I said, the roads do not match the 535 to 536 to I-Drive intersection area.

good work with that new project, neat looking tower.

Regarding Reunion... what's really interesting is that with Championsgate and Reunion and 429's new interchange and the new overpasses in the area, the developed portion of I-4 is moving ever farther away from the center of town and really extending the borders of the metro. Once urban indfill starts taking shape in the attractions area, the I-4 drive will be so much more impressive to out-of-towners.

Pointe Orlando:

I drove by there last night and to my surprise, FAO is gone and a Brio-looking restaurant is in its place, all lit up, looking really nice. the rest of the plaza is under heavy reno.

But those bastaads leveled the newest addition- that bldg with the arcade in it; pac-man world or something.

No pix, but what a visual impact this renovation is going to have on I-Drive.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Mercado-- business as usual. where's Unicorp?

I was going to ask the same question just now-what happened to Unicorp. They had all that big talk about the new resort being the next BIG THING here and haven't heard anything after that. What do they have to wait for? Maybe lease contracts to expire???

I agree with Point Orlando-I really cannot wait to see the completed project. It was always so hard to literally get into-I hope they make it more "user friendly" .

Re: Blue Rose, the March 3-9 OBJ has 239 reserved.

your right I was mis-quoted on 450 sold-but I asked yesteday and they have around 400 sold now out of 515.

does anyone know where I can see plans of what Point Orlando is expected to look like when completed?

I know you just posted the link to the article, but it says that the Intercontinental Hotel will have |4 stories high. I don't think they mean 4 or 14 or 24 stories, but does anyone have any idea if that is 34, 44, 54??