Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

No, and no.

However, here's an FYI on The Pointe Orlando condotel complex at Carrier Drive & Universal Blvd.:

--they have started clearing the land-- as of last night, and have one of those half-ass fence things blocking the property off at the sidewalk. I think they're starting to finally move on this.

No, and no.

However, here's an FYI on The Pointe Orlando condotel complex at Carrier Drive & Universal Blvd.:

--they have started clearing the land-- as of last night, and have one of those half-ass fence things blocking the property off at the sidewalk. I think they're starting to finally move on this.

That half ass fence thing has been there for 2 months. They started clearing a little of the land 2 months ago and stopped as well.

No, and no.

Gotcha

That half ass fence thing has been there for 2 months. They started clearing a little of the land 2 months ago and stopped as well.

Unless I'm going mad, I drove in front of it (at night, mind you) a few nights ago and the bushes at the corner were there. Last night, during the Braves game, they were gone and the rest of the property looked kind of tilled. I gotta go back to double-check, b/c before that, it had been a while since I had seen it. I don't remember if tractors were there or not-- it was dark.

Unless I'm going mad, I drove in front of it (at night, mind you) a few nights ago and the bushes at the corner were there. Last night, during the Braves game, they were gone and the rest of the property looked kind of tilled. I gotta go back to double-check, b/c before that, it had been a while since I had seen it. I don't remember if tractors were there or not-- it was dark.

I drove by on my way home and you are right the site is cleared.

so here's what we know:

- THe Point Orlando-- they are clearing the land;

- Citymark- they are demolishing the Delta;

- Blue Rose- they are selling units really well since 2/23/06;

- Westin Imagine- U/C

- Shingle Creek- U/C

- Vista Cay- U/C

- Reunion Grande- U/C

- Floridays Resort- U/C

- Peabody- got approved for construction loan last month;

- LBV Res.& Spa- tower #3 U/C

- Blue Heron- Tower #2 is now U/C

- Pointe Orlando-- undergoing renovation

what am I missing for the attractions area?

- Hilton Vacation Club- tower #5 U/C (at Orl. Premium Outlets)

Interesting, I just saw an ad in More Magazine (my wife gets it) for Doubletree Orlando. And the pic is of the reclad design which I had thought was canned. And there's nothing about a renovation on their website that I could see. False advertising ?

www.doubletreeorlando.com

An 18-story 1,400-room Hilton hotel will break ground before the end of the year and, when completed in 2009, be connected to the north concourse of the Orange County Convention Center by an elevated walkway.

22577518.jpg

Link to short Orlando Sentinel article.

Link to longer Orlando Business Journal article.

Edited by bic

It's only fitting that the hotels outside of Downtown Orlando reflect the urban landscape they are surrounded by. Explosive growth of hotel rooms appearing in squat structures of uninspiring architecture sprawled out over too much land with few features that promote pedestrian activity between adjacent developments.

With rare exceptions like Blue Rose, The Peabody, and possibly CityMark, it appears this style of development will continue until we simply run out of land in Orange County. I won't be holding my breath.

Ah, what good news...

This will really help out the convention industry. Shoot, with Westin only 470 rooms and 12-14 floors, I don't mind the lack of height. Its the 1,400 rooms that's key.

the design... I don't know yet.

List:

Peabody- 750 rms.

Westin- 470 rms.

Shingle Creek- 1,500 rms.

Hilton- 1,400 rms.

Blue Rose- 1,300 rms.

*Aqua- 2,200 rms.?

----------we're looking at another 4,120 for sure; 5,420 with Blue Rose, and 7,620 rms. with Aqua.

A 30 story tower would have been nicer, but I'll take it.

Ah, what good news...

This will really help out the convention industry. Shoot, with Westin only 470 rooms and 12-14 floors, I don't mind the lack of height. Its the 1,400 rooms that's key.

the design... I don't know yet.

List:

Peabody- 750 rms.

Westin- 470 rms.

Shingle Creek- 1,500 rms.

Hilton- 1,400 rms.

Blue Rose- 1,300 rms.

*Aqua- 2,200 rms.?

----------we're looking at another 4,120 for sure; 5,420 with Blue Rose, and 7,620 rms. with Aqua.

A 30 story tower would have been nicer, but I'll take it.

+1260 in LBV with the Intercontinental project announced last week