Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

I hear the wave pool for the Ron Jon Surf Park has started digging the hole. From what I understand, it will be built with an adjustable bottom which will give it the ability to mimick different types of breaks. I also understand that the waves created will be overhead, which means that Orlando surfers won't have to drive to the beach to catch waves, not that you can catch good sized barrels anywhere on our coasts anyway (except during tropical storms/hurricanes).

Memberships are already sold out.

I will start taking difital photos. But I don't know how to post them. If there are any takers, give me your email and I will email them to you and you could post them for me. I got an HP digital and an HP at work, so I can flip the memory card in easily transfering photos. I just don't know how to post them.

where the hec is China getting all this $$$ to buy up all our construction materials?

Everything in Walmart is made in China ... that's where the money is from. 90% of toys sold in the US are made in China. And that's just one classification I've heard about ... clothes is probably close that figure too.

JRS1 how do I get my email to you...would be interested in the pictures you mentioned of the development

I'm not sure how that works. What I meant before was that I'll start snapping photos and then email them to fellow members to post them. I was already contacted by a member to do that by PM, i think. I've been sick, so I haven't taken any shots lately. will do, though...

Downtown has more construction going on though.

not that it matters, but not so sure about that;

Shingle Creek 1,500 rms and 250,000 ft2 CC (topped off)

Vista Cay (hundreds of units U/C),

Westin Imagine (470 units U/C),

Pointe Orlando redo, and

site clearing for The Pointe Orlando condos (6 bldgs+, 12 stories each)

VS.

55W (sitework)

Plaza 1,2, and Solaire (topped off)

Dynetech (walled off garage)

801 (topped off)

Star Tower

Fed Cthse (topped off)

Vue

***Paramount (thumb up ass site clearing)

Gees, you're right.

not that it matters, but not so sure about that;

Shingle Creek 1,500 rms and 250,000 ft2 CC (topped off)

Vista Cay (hundreds of units U/C),

Westin Imagine (470 units U/C),

Pointe Orlando redo, and

site clearing for The Pointe Orlando condos (6 bldgs+, 12 stories each)

VS.

55W (sitework)

Plaza 1,2, and Solaire (topped off)

Dynetech (walled off garage)

801 (topped off)

Star Tower

Fed Cthse (topped off)

Vue

***Paramount (thumb up ass site clearing)

Gees, you're right.

I'm still not getting excited about sprawling grounds for out-of-towner timeshares and beaucoup surface parking. I'm pulling for the deliberate (yet booming) urbanization of downtown. This is urban planet, isn't it? You must be looking for the contruction just for construction sake website. I can't help you there.

Edited by cwetteland

I'm still not getting excited about sprawling grounds for out-of-towner timeshares and beaucoup surface parking. I'm pulling for the deliberate (yet booming) urbanization of downtown. This is urban planet, isn't it? You must be looking for the contruction just for construction sake website. I can't help you there.

Dude, I don't even know how to respond to that. This is, after all, the attractions area thread. If I was looking for the construction for construction sake website, I'd be endorsing TT with the present color scheme.

I know its early in the am, but how does Shingle Creek fall into that category? Its on Univ. Blvd., near the OCCC, as is Westin. Vista Cay, I don't understand why it exists. Shingle Creek is a hotel. Westin a condotel. PEabody and Hilton will be pure hotels, and Peabody is constructing an 8 story garage. Village of Imagine may have timeshares mixed in to the development, but so what? THose are being built to take advantage of the location--I-Drive and OCCC.

And I don't remember ever putting on a cry for help. Stating facts doesn't mean I endorse or condemn any particular project. It's just stating facts, hence the purpose of a forum.

I do come off like a jerk sometimes in text ... I'm really not a bad person.

coming off a certain way is one thing; posting comments that don't apply to the context of my post is completely different story. it's all good.

no matter how crappy suburban I-Drive developments may seem to be, they can only help the tax base and hopefully spurn newer more meaningful developments.