Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

22 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Latest construction pics of the Disney Riviera Resort and the Caribbean Beach Skyliner station:

https://wdwnt.com/2019/02/photos-caribbean-beach-and-riviera-resort-construction-update-2-12-19-skyliner-stations-etc/

From WDW News Today

WOW! that resort looks awesome!!!  Man, I that think is huge, like the KPM&G complex in Lake Nona.  Wow.  Very impressive.  WDW keeps upping the ante. 

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 11:02 AM, spenser1058 said:

Latest construction pics of Gran Destino Tower, bridges and lakeside restaurant at Disney Coronado Springs Resort:

https://wdwnt.com/2019/02/photos-coronado-springs-resort-construction-update-2-13-19-gran-destino-tower-etc/

From WDW News Today

very nice as well.  Waaay better than the ultra low rise scattered buildings of Coronado.  

• Like 1

More Artegon news:

Miami developer Michael Dezer,  who developed several Trump Tower condo properties in South Florida, is planning to start constructing new apartment buildings on existing parking lots, beginning with a five-story building that would have 365 units. 

screen_shot_2019-01-31_at_7.03.59_pm.png

The city has reviewed a master plan filed by Dezer’s companies. First was a Technical Review on Feb. 5, followed by the Master Planning Board on Feb. 19. The final one will be on March 25 by the City Council .

The new apartments would rise to the south of the mall itself. Dezer says the property has more than enough parking for everything he’s planning, including about 600 spaces for the new apartment building. 

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2019/01/31/trumps-friend-michael-dezer-file-plans-for-new-apartments-at-former-artegon-mall-in-orlando

• Like 1

^^

I think Spencer 1058 already posted this article back on page 159 back on Feb 1.  Then there was a subsequent article about the cars, etc.

I guess we wait until March 25.  Does anyone know what happened on Feb 19 at the MPB?  That was this past Tuesday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

Artegon is a mess I would go ahead and turn it to several apartment complexes and just call it a day move the movie theater and the Bass pro shops to the front of the property and then build apartment complexes all around it

you know... that Grand National Plaza that's just around the corner...they built our 4 outparcels and then...nothing...  no hotel(s); no medical offices, offices, retails?...nothing (yet).  I think the only retail people understand down there is the outlets.  maybe this is the way to go with Artegon...  If the car museum works, then great...but I don't see something like that lasting...

3 hours ago, jrs2 said:

^^

I think Spencer 1058 already posted this article back on page 159 back on Feb 1.  Then there was a subsequent article about the cars, etc.

I guess we wait until March 25.  Does anyone know what happened on Feb 19 at the MPB?  That was this past Tuesday.

I looked to see if it had already been posted, but I guess I didn't go back quite far enough. It was just reported on the local TV news a day or two ago.

2 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

Artegon is a mess I would go ahead and turn it to several apartment complexes and just call it a day move the movie theater and the Bass pro shops to the front of the property and then build apartment complexes all around it

lol I agree, I said earlier in this thread to just build a housing suburb and call it a day too since this land is apparently retail-cursed 

2 hours ago, jrs2 said:

you know... that Grand National Plaza that's just around the corner...they built our 4 outparcels and then...nothing...  no hotel(s); no medical offices, offices, retails?...nothing (yet).  I think the only retail people understand down there is the outlets.  maybe this is the way to go with Artegon...  If the car museum works, then great...but I don't see something like that lasting...

yeah this car museum would've made sense in the 90s along with all of those other tacky attractions, otherwise I feel like this belongs in downtown or something more prestigious

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jrs2 said:

I thought that was to be built in phases? Heck move the movie theatre and bass across the street and just wipe that festival bay land clean. Turn it into an urban park on I drive or residential

1 minute ago, W7edwin said:

lol I agree, I said earlier in this thread to just build a housing suburb and call it a day too since this land is apparently retail-cursed 

yeah this car museum would've made sense in the 90s along with all of those other tacky attractions, otherwise I feel like this belongs in downtown or something more prestigious

Agreed. I don't see the musuem thing working.

My other issue with this property is everything is so far back.  . Everyone keeps trying to repurpose it's configuration when it needs to be reconfigured all together.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

Here’s a pretty extensive update on the Disney Skyliner including photos of the gondolas and the stations and a video:

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/skyliner-gondola-update-february-2019/

From Disney Tourist Blog

What's with the ugly, unadorned utilitarian looking poles???

skyliner-construction-disney-world-561.j

They look like something you'd see cutting across the highway out in the middle of nowhere.

powerlines-01.jpg

It's Disney World for Pete's sake!!! Couldn't they at least paint them? 

Gussy them up to look like magic trees or beanstalks or something??

Space age space towers maybe?

Several of the gondola beams have been painted green at the EPCOT gondola station, presumably to blend in with France, where it can be seen from within the park. 

30 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Latest SW:GE construction photos at DHS:

https://wdwnt.com/2019/02/photo-report-star-wars-galaxys-edge-construction-at-disneyland-park/

From WDW News Today 

Looks like this set of photos is from the west coast SW:GE at DLR.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, prahaboheme said:

Several of the gondola beams have been painted green at the EPCOT gondola station, presumably to blend in with France, where it can be seen from within the park. 

Looks like this set of photos is from the west coast SW:GE at DLR.

You’re absolutely right. That’s why I get for paying attention to gondolas while posting park pics. Thanks!

Could some sort of hotel finally be developed on the site of WDW’s long-delayed Venetian Resort?

Orlando Weekly’s Ken Storey says it may finally be possible:

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2019/02/25/disney-worlds-next-big-hotel-might-be-built-on-land-previously-thought-undevelopable?media=AMP+HTML

• Like 1