Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

54 minutes ago, prahaboheme said:

Disney already publicly stated that SW:GE is performing under expectations in Anaheim.  

This is just fluff from Iger who is trying to save face from the absolute failure of the rollout of this land at Disneyland. Hopefully it goes better for it’s East Coast twin.

When Pandora rolled out, it had hours-long waits as well. That said, the extremely talented team at the helm of the success of Pandora at DAK delivered above expectations. 

Well I think both things are true. The crowds at SWGE at DL were most definitely disappointing, but the 10 hour waits at Hagrids were not really a sign of success and demand. That ride has terrible load times and to this day continues to have mechanical issues. This is also a failure of crowd management.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Dale said:

Wow.  Really?  FAA, huh... had no idea.  man, this project has been flying under the radar for the past couple of years.  When Hogan's decided to not move, I thought that was a bad sign.  Better the delay have been because of this versus financing issues (which it may also very well be).

Still really hoping for this thing. With the Wheel/Eye, StarFlyer, Volcano Bay, and proposed new bungy tower and Skyplex tower, that area will have quite an interesting overall impact from I-4 coming into town.  Not to mention several larger hotels and maybe eventually even a 7-star hotel!!! LOL. 

Edited by dcluley98

3 hours ago, jrs2 said:

Wow.  Really?  FAA, huh... had no idea.  man, this project has been flying under the radar for the past couple of years.  When Hogan's decided to not move, I thought that was a bad sign.  Better the delay have been because of this versus financing issues (which it may also very well be).

Skyplex, at least its initial phase, has been cut down to just the tower for now, assuming that can happen. The related shopping/restaurants/hotel are all "future phases" now. Hogan's shop is now no longer in the way of it, making it unnecessary for him to move.

Edited by aent
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

July TDT (OC) increased 3.2%, which is amazing as attendance at WDW was expected to weaken while guests awaited the opening of SW:GE.

The effects of Dorian on August may tell a different story, but so far the numbers for the year are similar.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-bz-tourist-taxes-increase-20190905-b7gbpx7t55e5lnn6ve2dx55m2m-story.html

From the Sentinel 

On 9/4/2019 at 10:33 PM, aent said:

Skyplex, at least its initial phase, has been cut down to just the tower for now, assuming that can happen. The related shopping/restaurants/hotel are all "future phases" now. Hogan's shop is now no longer in the way of it, making it unnecessary for him to move.

ah, and the Perkins will probably stay put as well...

33 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Perkins’ parent just filed for Chapter 11. *sings, “You’ll Like Perkins” (but maybe not enough*

Again?  It did that just before that franchise and the other 8 were sold.  Remember the sale was contingent on them operating the other 8 franchises.  I believe Crossroads is one of them.

At least I still have Friendly's

Can the little guys along North I-Drive survive Universal’s Endless Summer Resort?

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-bz-international-drive-hotels-compete-20190911-c5chxytu6fcjfhtewq6ublqm2u-story.html?outputType=amp

From the Sentinel 

The second question is, should they? Could the strip’s tawdriness be remedied if they didn’t?

• Like 1

SeaWorld unveiled the plan for their new Roller Coaster today. Story in the sentinel: https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-bz-seaworld-coaster-announcement-20190912-6zndlsfofvbhdite73mpl5s7sa-story.html

Dubbed Ice Breaker, it will be a "family-friendly" launch coaster with a spire and rollback feature and goes both forward and backward up to 52 mph on a 90-second trip. 

P6CWVK4S55GLZEH5E5KKXOZOSE.jpg

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

SeaWorld unveiled the plan for their new Roller Coaster today. Story in the sentinel: https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-bz-seaworld-coaster-announcement-20190912-6zndlsfofvbhdite73mpl5s7sa-story.html

Dubbed Ice Breaker, it will be a "family-friendly" launch coaster with a spire and rollback feature and goes both forward and backward up to 52 mph on a 90-second trip. 

P6CWVK4S55GLZEH5E5KKXOZOSE.jpg

awesome.  that's what they gotta keep doing...new coasters

40 minutes ago, HankStrong said:

There is a huge opportunity for Cedar Fair to break into Florida.  The coaster demand is here.

Ooooh! Another theme park - Reality’s head would explode! 

When Matt Ouinet left Disneyland for Cedar Fair, it would have been fun for him to pump up the Eisner-Roberts feud and build a Park here. Of course, the difference is that, unlike the other 2, Matt’s a nice guy...

10 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Cedar Fair is the parent company which grew out of their original park, Cedar Point.

They have others like Knott’s Berry Farm to keep prahaboheme busy :-).

I wouldn't be caught dead on Millenium Force, but, it would be cool as hell having something like that here in Orlando, sending patrons up towards the roofline in height of %%W or Hyatt Regency.   But if I'm not mistaken, didn't Uni shoot down via stirring up the neighborhoods when they proposed that place just north of Tangelo?