Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

If you give me a street address I may be able to help.

It's right next to the Sheraton Vistana Resort. Formerly, the sign read 'Italian Village.' It's now by another name and I believe I saw renderings posted here somewhere before. They're a combination retail, residential/ hotel I believe.

Edited by WeNeed2Progress

in the OBJ today it talked about a 1500 room Hilton to be built on Bonnet Creek?

Read below

Bonnet Creek, a 482-acre, mixed-use resort development that sits within Orange County, will have a total of 2,400 hotel rooms, 1,600 time share units and a Rees Jones-designed golf course. Bordered by Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort to the west and Interstate 4 to the east, access to the property is through Buena Vista Drive, a main artery connecting the Walt Disney World attractions.

Where is this? Anyone know where I could look to find out more about this development?

which is the project directly across I-Drive from Floridays resort? there's a billboard up with a nice picture.

It was called the Bella Vida Italian Village-now it's called San Marco. Word on the street is it's not going to be built. It's been selling since Floriday's Resort started selling-and Floriday's has already started closing on units?!?!?

I noticed site work underway the last time I was in Orlando-- 2.5 months ago.

Are you getting confused with the Rialto on Sand Lake? Dellagio is the one across from Viscaya right? Rialto is where the old Days Inn? used to be right? I'm probably wrong.

Are you getting confused with the Rialto on Sand Lake? Dellagio is the one across from Viscaya right? Rialto is where the old Days Inn? used to be right? I'm probably wrong.

Nope, you're correct. But I can see the Dellagio site from my parents' house and I saw a small fence put up and some land clearing when I last visited them in early March.

Nope, you're correct. But I can see the Dellagio site from my parents' house and I saw a small fence put up and some land clearing when I last visited them in early March.

the small fence was up for a while...... but nothing beyond that.

they actually decided to make the fence useful before it falls apart from natural wear and tear....... THEY ARE ACTUALLY CLEARING TREES!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

Edited by shardoon

No, you're right. Rilato did site work a while back and is not just sitting there. Dellagio I saw started clearing indeed... recently.

Is this whole project in addition to the huge hotel Hilton plans next to the convention center?

Probably have to ask Hilton about that one! I wouldn't think so because of the distance between the 2.

Where is that Waldorf Historia being built? They say next to Disney near Caribbean Beach Resort-but where is there almost 500 acres of developable land near that location?

Edited by shaun

Orlando's getting a Waldorf? Wow! That's amazing. I imagine that The Breakers crowd might be sauntering up to O-town a bit more frequently now.

Probably have to ask Hilton about that one! I wouldn't think so because of the distance between the 2.

Where is that Waldorf Historia being built? They say next to Disney near Caribbean Beach Resort-but where is there almost 500 acres of developable land near that location?

BTW it's "Astoria" as in John Jacob Astor, wealthy industrialist at the beginning of the 20th C. Also the namesake of Astoria, Oregon where "The Goonies" was filmed.

Edited by mrh3

Orlando's getting a Waldorf? Wow! That's amazing. I imagine that The Breakers crowd might be sauntering up to O-town a bit more frequently now.

BTW it's "Astoria" as in John Jacob Astor, wealthy industrialist at the beginning of the 20th C. Also the namesake of Astoria, Oregon where "The Goonies" was filmed.

Good catch-good facts also!

Not to be set on this one point-but after looking at the location on google earth and looking around to other disney maps-isn't this 486+/- acres on disney property? If it is, why isn't disney building this instead of selling and letting someone else reap the benefits? Just seems weird to me - unless disney never owned the land? anyone know?

The Sentinel did some articles recently announcing that Disney was selling off some acreage. My theory is that the WDW Resort has reached a certain level of maturity and the need for the additional acreage is not needed immediately. Also, given the current real estate market, I'm sure they made a killing on that land.

The Sentinel did some articles recently announcing that Disney was selling off some acreage. My theory is that the WDW Resort has reached a certain level of maturity and the need for the additional acreage is not needed immediately. Also, given the current real estate market, I'm sure they made a killing on that land.

all good points and thanks for the info, but absolutely a stupid move on Disney's part-at least in my mind. Land is the greatest asset to a company like Disney. Even if they can't do something with it now-who cares! I think they'll regret it later -

all good points and thanks for the info, but absolutely a stupid move on Disney's part-at least in my mind. Land is the greatest asset to a company like Disney. Even if they can't do something with it now-who cares! I think they'll regret it later -

This is the location for the Hilton-Waldorf Astoria development. My understanding is that the parcels being developed were ones that for whatever reason Disney could never acquire, and when it was ultimately available to them, they passed on the opportunity. Obviously, Hilton Co. jumped at the chance.

They did, however, partner with RCID in the last 2 years to the extent that they needed an access road from Disney's property, so RCID built Chelonia Pkwy for them.

hilton_location.gif

This is the location for the Hilton-Waldorf Astoria development. My understanding is that the parcels being developed were ones that for whatever reason Disney could never acquire, and when it was ultimately available to them, they passed on the opportunity. Obviously, Hilton Co. jumped at the chance.

They did, however, partner with RCID in the last 2 years to the extent that they needed an access road from Disney's property, so RCID built Chelonia Pkwy for them.

hilton_location.gif

That map, and the Sentinel, include properties that are not part of this development. It will actually stop west of the canal. Also, there are several existing Fairfield resorts in that red area that already exist.

Actually, it is my understanding that this land never belonged to Disney... at least not for a long time. Apparently it was bought by Japanese investors, I believe in the 80's when things for WDW and Disney as a whole didn't look to promising. It only took the investors a long time to have it developed; first with a Fairfield Resort. As far as Disney missing out on it, maybe. It's a narrow tract of land right next to I-4 and the interchane. They still have plenty of interior land though I do agree that the parcels sold near DAK were a mistake.

We'll see.

Edited by WeNeed2Progress

Actually, it is my understanding that this land never belonged to Disney... at least not for a long time. Apparently it was bought by Japanese investors, I believe in the 80's when things for WDW and Disney as a whole didn't look to promising. It only took the investors a long time to have it developed; first with a Fairfield Resort. As far as Disney missing out on it, maybe. It's a narrow tract of land right next to I-4 and the interchane. They still have plenty of interior land though I do agree that the parcels sold near DAK were a mistake.

We'll see.

I'd heard the same thing re: the land. Never owned by Disney. In fact, they were pretty annoyed with the fact that RCID was stuck building the road for access to the property. Talk about adding insult to injury - competition built on the edge of your property, and then being forced to shell out cash to build the access road.

I'd heard the same thing re: the land. Never owned by Disney. In fact, they were pretty annoyed with the fact that RCID was stuck building the road for access to the property. Talk about adding insult to injury - competition built on the edge of your property, and then being forced to shell out cash to build the access road.

I believe that they also have to provide fire rescue service for that area.

That map, and the Sentinel, include properties that are not part of this development. It will actually stop west of the canal. Also, there are several existing Fairfield resorts in that red area that already exist.

Is Chelonia going to be the only access point for this project? Maybe Osceola Pkwy too? Would it be feasible to build a bridge over I-4 to connect with I-Drive South?

Edited by JRS1