Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

6 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Is White Castle the epicenter of the universe? I do like they are privately owned.

I think you already know the answer to that...

Meanwhile, here's a shot of the Marriott Vacation Club HQ from the other side...

20220703_183525.jpg

• Like 3

Just a little more news on the hotel front. I know everyone already knows about the Conrad Hilton that is already under construction and the Fairmont hotel that is gonna be breaking ground. I just saw a new announcement for a Nobu hotel just north or the Marriott World Center. 300 rooms with 50 residences and of course a Nobu restaurant. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/4/2022 at 7:56 AM, shardoon said:

Just a little more news on the hotel front. I know everyone already knows about the Conrad Hilton that is already under construction and the Fairmont hotel that is gonna be breaking ground. I just saw a new announcement for a Nobu hotel just north or the Marriott World Center. 300 rooms with 50 residences and of course a Nobu restaurant. 

Um...never assume, my friend.

can you give some more info on these two hotels.  for some reason I am totally drawing a blank on this/these...

Here's a link to the Hilton website about the Evermore project:

https://stories.hilton.com/releases/innovative-orlando-resort-to-feature-conrad-hotel

Edited by jrs2

Here is info on the Fairmont Hotel project:

https://www.hospitalitynet.org/announcement/41007202.html

set to open in 2025.  7 story, 550 guest rooms, and if you are Fairmont Gold member, you get to experience their top floor private lounge.

I am not sure where the property will be located at.

https://devengroup.us/

these guys are involved with the Waldorf Hilton, and Union West at CV in Orlando.

24 minutes ago, jgardnerucf said:

Parcel M in Xentury City.    Across i4 from the train station.

Wow.  Xentury City, huh?  Wow, and that name came up...by me...in predicting a possible station for BL.

When you say across I-4 from the train station, are you saying that BL already decided on a spot and it's near the Waldorf or JW in Bonnet Creek?

or

are we still in the hush stages?  either way, I already predicted Bonnet Creek vs the Vistana locale as being the better location since it's right there.

Edited by jrs2

54 minutes ago, prahaboheme said:

For what development?

Fairmont.

I added the end rail node route for s and giggles since been sitting on it for months.

It's all, already done.  Fairmont is done.  The station is done. The route is done. Just need to speed up life/time.

14 hours ago, jgardnerucf said:

And, here we have a rouge and rough horrible zoomed in pic for your dissection and viewing pleasure...Screenshot_20220705-185720_Gallery.thumb.jpg.663882452c6b61cab0135dc52457991e.jpg

1 hour ago, codypet said:

All that land is owned by 2 companies except for that square.  Gp Limited Partnership, 215 N Eola Dr and GCB Associates 5760 S Semoran.  Hmm  I don't think either of those are Flagler/BL.

image.thumb.png.d59bb66cc5ab89cd459060faaf7723f1.png

Maybe I'm crazy but I don't think these are the same two locations.  They are certainly close, but they aren't the same.

@jgardnerucf's drawing is a lot more crude, but with the placement of Little and Big Lake Bryan it would seem their doodle is basically a little South of the intersection of 536/535 along the 417, while @codypet's looking West of there closer to I4 itself.

• Like 1

Scott J weighs in on the Nobu Hotel:

Nobu Hotels, a luxury brand whose partners include actor Robert DeNiro and chef Nobu Matsuhisa, will open a hotel in Orlando. It’s scheduled for 2024, which probably means late 2025 in Orlando-construction years. Yes, that probably means a Nobu sushi restaurant will come with it.

53 minutes ago, prahaboheme said:

If that is the location, wouldn’t this rail line spur off from I-4 rather than remain on it? Or is it coming down the 417?

I have no idea and I'm not claiming to.  I'm just saying that the doodle and the other map didn't match.  I was pointing out where the doodle showed.

6 minutes ago, HankStrong said:

I have no idea and I'm not claiming to.  I'm just saying that the doodle and the other map didn't match.  I was pointing out where the doodle showed.

I am a little confused.

Ok, I spoke to a colleague and showed him the map of Bonnet Creek and he indicated that the land in between Waldorf and JW may be undeveloped for a reason as part of the wetland (surrounding the actual creek), which means BL couldn't build there (which rules it out.  Maybe not since other stretches of Bonnet Creek to the north and south have development abutting it.

Next, if you want to be as close as possible to Diz Springs, then land in between Marriott World and Vistana would be the locale.

If that is not in the mix, then Xentury City would be the place, with potential access to 536 and Osceola Parkway for access onto Diz property.  At this point, you would think they would have to build a rather large transportation center with many buses to take guests maybe not necessarily directly to DIz Springs- unless they figure that Diz Springs already "perfected" a rather large bus depot there so just bus people to there and be done with it.  EIther BL would do the "final Mile" or they would contract with...gee...can anyone think of a nice guy transportation company in Orlando?