Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

2 hours ago, jrs2 said:

Ok...BOOM!

So this would be the first major brand hotel proposing an upscale hotel property next to Universal.  Up until now, we've seen Four Seasons, Hilton/Waldorf, JW Marriott, the new Conrad Hilton under redevelopment/construction, and the proposed Fairmont property across Marriott World Center, all near WDW; you could include the Ritz/JW as being fairly close to the "attractions area" as well.  Add in the other hotel proposal that's in Miami already proposed for Daryl Carter & Palm Pkwy (forgot the name).

Hopefully this goes through and gets built.  This will be the first hotel property attracted to that zone by Epic U as well.  I hope it influences Universal and Loews to rethink whether they are planning cheaper outparcel hotels on the southern end of Epic U.  Helios will probably be mid to higher end in quality I gather...

This is also good for the OCCC- too bad it's not at Kirkman Road extension & Universal Blvd, to be more accessible by foot.

The palm parkway one is Tao group...... not just a miami outfit, but they have a presence lots of places....new york, Vegas etc...... but it will be their first hotel...... although all the high end lounges and clubs that will come along with it run by them. 

Lastly, don't forget Nobu hotel and restaurant.

This recession coming is just gonna hit residential. The hospitality industry here in Orlando is booming and there is no end in site with the opening of Epic. These hotels should all get built. 

Edited by shardoon
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, shardoon said:

The palm parkway one is Tao group...... not just a miami outfit, but they have a presence lots of places....new york, Vegas etc...... but it will be their first hotel...... although all the high end lounges and clubs that will come along with it run by them. 

Lastly, don't forget Nobu hotel and restaurant.

This recession coming is just gonna hit residential. The hospitality industry here in Orlando is booming and there is no end in site with the opening of Epic. These hotels should all get built. 

thx.

can you refresh me on Nobu again? location, etc?

1 hour ago, shardoon said:

that's amazing; Nobu to the north of Marriott World and Fairmont to the south.  Disney is a very major draw and more power to them.  I wonder if the W proposal influences other properties to the Epic U/OCCC  corner of the metro.

58 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

that's amazing; Nobu to the north of Marriott World and Fairmont to the south.  Disney is a very major draw and more power to them.  I wonder if the W proposal influences other properties to the Epic U/OCCC  corner of the metro.

The W really wants to cater to the young adult crowd under 45. It seems like the want to emulate the Vegas and Miami pool party day clubs. More power to them if they pull it off. They mention that they want to cater to locals in addition to visitors. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2023 at 8:59 AM, ragerunner said:

Tron comes to life at the Magic Kingdom. They took their time on this one, but it’s a great addition to the park and fits very well into Tomorrowland. The launch reveal room in the queue is very cool (we show it in the video). 

so...I really tore into Disney Uncreative.  Hopefully this ride proves me wrong.  Based on the visuals in that video, it looks pretty dope.  Now what would really be something would be if they have the light cycle sound effects and, if they could pull off a change in direction (obviously not a right angle) ala the classic light cycle battles.

22 hours ago, jrs2 said:

so...I really tore into Disney Uncreative.  Hopefully this ride proves me wrong.  Based on the visuals in that video, it looks pretty dope.  Now what would really be something would be if they have the light cycle sound effects and, if they could pull off a change in direction (obviously not a right angle) ala the classic light cycle battles.

The ride does a pretty good job making you feel like you are in a light cycle battle through creative screens/projects.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.thestreet.com/travel/universal-studios-confirms-epic-universe-land

Epic Universe.  not much of anything new here...

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/entertainment/universal-orlando-plans-to-add-super-nintendo-world-to-epic-universe-park.html

ok.  so Super Mario opened at Universal Hollywood and they made the announcement official for Orlando...

Edited by jrs2

On 2/22/2023 at 5:26 PM, jrs2 said:

https://www.thestreet.com/travel/universal-studios-confirms-epic-universe-land

Epic Universe.  not much of anything new here...

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/entertainment/universal-orlando-plans-to-add-super-nintendo-world-to-epic-universe-park.html

ok.  so Super Mario opened at Universal Hollywood and they made the announcement official for Orlando...

Did anyone hear about the size restriction on the Mario Kart ride?   I have a 34"-36" waist depending on the pants and apparently I'd just barely be able to ride the thing.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, codypet said:

Did anyone hear about the size restriction on the Mario Kart ride?   I have a 34"-36" waist depending on the pants and apparently I'd just barely be able to ride the thing.

I've heard that I'm all-around way too large for it.  I wear a 38"-40" waist depending on the pants.  On another note, I had a hard time getting my feet into the Mummy ride.  My body fit, but my feet did not.  I wear a size 13 shoe, so I'm not Shaq or anything.  A very skinny man with bigger feet couldn't ride it either and we both got the boot.  My wife and friends said I didn't miss much.

ETA: the bar closed, but the worker said my feet weren't flat on the floor.  I tried to move them and there just wasn't anywhere to move them.  She was shining a flashlight down there, but I couldn't really see anything.  She made me get out.  I'm not sure what happened.  I'm a big person, but not a rolly-polly person.

Edited by HankStrong

37 minutes ago, prahaboheme said:

I’m of the opinion that Nintendo Land should have opened in USO — a park in desperate need of something new. 
Epic Universe then could have expanded upon the franchise. 

yeah, I feel like USO screwed the pooch with Shrek.  Those movies were outstanding, yet, the attraction just seems like an afterthought; a real missed opportunity.  I think Shrek is on the back side of Transformers.

Terminator, I thought, was a good attraction, but it just lost its luster and interest waned...  i think they take up a good portion of that "boulevard" section...

maybe that's the common denominator here...both those attractions are based on an auditorium feel and people don't want that anymore...

that's what I love about HHN; they host several mini attractions within the existing park, whether those are otherwise busy sections or not (during the day); gives new life and an added dimension to it.

27 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

yeah, I feel like USO screwed the pooch with Shrek.  Those movies were outstanding, yet, the attraction just seems like an afterthought; a real missed opportunity.  I think Shrek is on the back side of Transformers.

Terminator, I thought, was a good attraction, but it just lost its luster and interest waned...  i think they take up a good portion of that "boulevard" section...

maybe that's the common denominator here...both those attractions are based on an auditorium feel and people don't want that anymore...

that's what I love about HHN; they host several mini attractions within the existing park, whether those are otherwise busy sections or not (during the day); gives new life and an added dimension to it.

Shrek was where?  In the old Alfred Hitchcock theater?  

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I would post about Busch Gardens newest ride since they are owned by SeaWorld. I actually think SeaWorld could use a few 'flat' rides to help their ride line up. There is also strong rumors that SeaWorld is finally going to plunge into the hotel business soon. I could see them wanting to do a hotel at SeaWorld and another one at Busch Gardens. This would allow guest to stay on property at both locations.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ragerunner said:

I thought I would post about Busch Gardens newest ride since they are owned by SeaWorld. I actually think SeaWorld could use a few 'flat' rides to help their ride line up. There is also strong rumors that SeaWorld is finally going to plunge into the hotel business soon. I could see them wanting to do a hotel at SeaWorld and another one at Busch Gardens. This would allow guest to stay on property at both locations.

First of all as an annual passholder for BG and SW who is deathly afraid of heights,  F that ride.  And yes I know as a fan of both Sheikra and especially Iron Gwazi  the irony of that statement.  

RE: Sea World Hotel.  I noticed the Renaissance branding was taken off the hotel.  Is that the first hotel?  I believe its on Sea World Property.  Sea World uses that hotel's parking lot as overflow right now. 

Edited by codypet

On 2/24/2023 at 12:10 PM, codypet said:

Shrek was where?  In the old Alfred Hitchcock theater?  

when you walk in, instead of making a right, you go straight and on your right at that corner.  it's where during HHN they host one of the haunted houses.  Krampus was there.