Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

I do agree with the idea myself-shopping is one of the main attractions of Orlando for all the tourists that come here. That would do wonders for the Davenport/Kissimmee/192 area. BUT, for a few years now I've been told and heard of a mall or shopping center being built off Old Lake Wilson directly north of Reunion Resort, which I heard was actually Ginn's land. Don't know if he sold it off, still owns it, or just owns the land and will have others come in and develop on it, I'm just guessing here. In the last year or so they actually finalized the exit of the 429 that leads directly into Reunion. Just east of that exit is a ton of land that was proposed as the area for this shopping center. I think ultimately that would be a better location because of Reunion and the Exit off I-4 and the 429. There's a ton of land around Reunion that is still able to be developed. Besides, 192 is already jam packed with shopping. Sooner or later I think the Florida Mall is ganna have to rethink their future. That mall is always packed with tourists, but with better shopping centers being built closer to the attractions, I think the future there is very bleek.

I'm thinking that tourists coming down the 528 from OIA see 528 as a tourist corridor in and of itself. that, coupled with Fla Mall's visibility, is a great marketing tool to attract customers. I think that's why it has enjoyed so much continued success from tourists. lots of locals as well.

Blue Rose is beautiful, absolutely beautiful

I agree it would not fit downtown based on its sheer size but what a shame

Would have been incredible to see this impacting the skyline

It looks very Vegas strip, not Orlando CBD. Maybe if a developer took a leap and built a major complex like that downtown it would really spark development.

Anyone know if Blue Rose is still set to break ground in October?

It may be backed up slightly, but just because they decided to rethink a few things. They were orignally going to have 1330 units, but because of the demand of studio's and 1 beds they decided to take away some 3 bed units and turn them into studio/one beds which now makes it 1500+ units total.

hey, what's the deal with user posted images that don't work anymore-- I think thy've expired b/c the links to the Sentinel are no longer good. On page 4, there's the new Pointe Orlando renovations renderings, and the Intercontinental rendering on page 12-14 or so. does anyone have these in another format? if not, no biggie.

• 2 weeks later...

Millenia luring more retailers to perimeter

Shopping destination pulling in locals and tourists alike, experts say

ORLANDO -- Since opening in the fall of 2002, The Mall at Millenia has transformed an area that had no retail into a shopping destination, as perimeter development continues to bring new stores where there once was empty land.

Robb & Stucky recently opened twin stores -- a 25,000-square-foot Robb & Stucky Interiors showroom and a 10,000-square-foot Robb & Stucky Patio store -- a stone's throw from the mall.

Orlando Business Journal [subscription Required]

Anyone notice the big development across I-Drive (at least when I looked up the address that's where it appeared to be) from Festival Bay? Has this been mentioned before?

From the MPB agenda:

NEW MPL2006-00028 DOUGLAS GRAND INTERNATIONAL 5425 ALTAMIRA DR

Request for Master Plan approval to develop 124,000 sq. ft. of retail, 800 hotel units, 1,544 dwelling units and 36,000 sq. ft. of office space.

Anyone notice the big development across I-Drive (at least when I looked up the address that's where it appeared to be) from Festival Bay? Has this been mentioned before?

From the MPB agenda:

NEW MPL2006-00028 DOUGLAS GRAND INTERNATIONAL 5425 ALTAMIRA DR

Request for Master Plan approval to develop 124,000 sq. ft. of retail, 800 hotel units, 1,544 dwelling units and 36,000 sq. ft. of office space.

I'm not sure which parcel this is going to go on. but, I'm not surprised they are going to develope this now with the Belz/Prime huge redevelopment going on.

There's action on the Blue Rose site. Some land was cleared and a construction trailer has been put in. If this is the start of construction this would be a near record pace from conception to construction....

I drove by the site yesterday & today. There's no action that I saw on the Blue Rose side. I think you're referring to Point Orlando which is the other side of the street.

I drove by the site yesterday & today. There's no action that I saw on the Blue Rose side. I think you're referring to Point Orlando which is the other side of the street.

How did you miss the new construction trailer that is on Universal Blvd. close to the sales center for Blue Rose? I am not referring to Point Orlando.