Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

https://www.wesh.com/article/seaworld-pipeline-surfing-roller-coaster/44021114

Guy drives 16 hours straight from Houston to ride the surf coaster.  Demmings attends the grand opening of the ride- now that's a great thing to support SeaWorld with their new ride.

The guy from Houston reminds me of that lady astronaut who wore adult diapers just to avoid bathroom breaks in her quest to like murder her astronaut bf in Florida...

• Haha 1

Coming this summer is a new Minion Land at Universal Studios.. Joining the Minion Mayhem ride will be a new interactive attraction called Villain-Con Minion Blast, Bake My Day bakery, Illuminations Theater meet and greet, Minion Cafe, Evil Stuff Store and Pop-A-Nana popcorn stand.

• Like 2

On 5/26/2023 at 7:38 PM, prahaboheme said:

Imagine that W hotel proposal downtown. 

I read somewhere the attached concert venue will be operated by Anschutz Entertainment Group, so it will likely be a major stop for music acts touring through in the future.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ragerunner said:

Coming this summer is a new Minion Land at Universal Studios.. Joining the Minion Mayhem ride will be a new interactive attraction called Villain-Con Minion Blast, Bake My Day bakery, Illuminations Theater meet and greet, Minion Cafe, Evil Stuff Store and Pop-A-Nana popcorn stand.

that's really good.  They'll have Potter and Minions as distinctive lands...but isn't the Despicable Me ride still by the front of the park?

20230603_192742.thumb.jpg.34f0e03778d7e3e328ea40364981a0a6.jpgRode the Pipeline coaster.  It's pretty hard on your knees if you try to remain standing.  Best bet is to let yourself sit.  Of course if you do that then why did they bother with a standing coaster in the first place.  

Speaking of standing coasters and seats.  This is unfortunate.  Everyone looks a little too excited riding it.20230603_202054.thumb.jpg.3d8c19e7b7d3a6e4966f4d5acf6c83ff.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/2/2023 at 2:29 PM, jrs2 said:

dodgeball.webp

@codypetseriously?  I nailed the Cotton reference.  Didn't I?

21 hours ago, codypet said:

20230603_192742.thumb.jpg.34f0e03778d7e3e328ea40364981a0a6.jpgRode the Pipeline coaster.  It's pretty hard on your knees if you try to remain standing.  Best bet is to let yourself sit.  Of course if you do that then why did they bother with a standing coaster in the first place.  

Speaking of standing coasters and seats.  This is unfortunate.  Everyone looks a little too excited riding it.20230603_202054.thumb.jpg.3d8c19e7b7d3a6e4966f4d5acf6c83ff.jpg

spoke to an Orlando newbie from CA and TN.  He told me he preferred "real" rides to the 3D stuff.  I told him about Sea World and he didn't know about all those "real" coasters...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jrs2 said:

@codypetseriously?  I nailed the Cotton reference.  Didn't I?

spoke to an Orlando newbie from CA and TN.  He told me he preferred "real" rides to the 3D stuff.  I told him about Sea World and he didn't know about all those "real" coasters...

That seems odd from someone from CA given that they pretty much invented the modern day  amusement park experience. There really isn’t a reason to go to Florida from CA for theme parks if that is what you’re after. 

Meanwhile, when almost every pier in Florida is now gone, CA has many icon piers with amusement rides. 

Edited by prahaboheme

1 hour ago, prahaboheme said:

That seems odd from someone from CA given that they pretty much invented the modern day  amusement park experience. There really isn’t a reason to go to Florida from CA for theme parks if that is what you’re after. 

Dude is a coaster buff, hence the "real" rides comment.  He didn't know about Sea World's 5 major coasters...but he did know about the new Surf Coaster at Sea World, which means their marketing is working.

He told me that Busch Gardens had a national reputation though.  I didn't realize that. 

He told me he did the Harry Potter thing in Hollywood, etc., and didn't think there was much in Florida that they didn't have in CA (mirroring your comment above). 

That being said, he did not know that there were two Harry Potters here and that they connected with the Hogwart's Express, and he did not know that Sea World had 5 major coasters either.  And he did not know that Super Mario was at yet a third park that was u/c for Universal, and that it would be the only one with all three major rides found among the Super Marios at the parks in Hollywood and Tokyo.  And he did not realize that Harry Potter and Train Your Dragon were getting new lands (a third for Potter).  He also didn't realize that HHN was an international phenomenon here and that Howl O Scream existed and was also at Sea World now.

So his opinion changed pretty quickly when he learned of all this stuff, a lot of which is not in CA.  We never even got to the subject of EPCOT and Animal Kingdom and Diz Springs.  CA may have invented or pioneered this stuff, but like Apple before it, Florida as a destination perfected it.

That being said, he told me about this coaster at Magic Mountain below.  Busch Entertainment needs to get this coaster or similar and put it at Sea World and/or BG.