Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

some interesting points of note:

a buddy of mine that books for the OCCC told me the following:

1. Peabody-- confirmed, that they are booking rooms already for future conventions; the reason they haven't broken ground yet is b/c they switched GC's (don't know who) and the new GC is in the process of refining their plans. its still only a 32 story addition.

2. Palazzo del Lago Intercontinental-- confirmed, this hotel resort is in the process of breaking ground on south I-Drive off of Lake Bryan.

The Peabody, oddly enough, is the ONLY proposed project near the OCCC booking future rooms right now.

Is this not the project that will have 5 or 6 towers and cost around a billion dollars?

I think you're thinking of Blue Rose, which is at Universal & Carrier; 5 or so towers; about $800M...

THis is on south I-Drive, about a mile south of Orl. Premium Outlets, on the eastern shore of Lake Bryan, opposite I-4, and also north of Caribe Royale. this should have around 1,300 units when complete.

sorry, no photo. there was one posted a while back-- I've actually got it saved under my pictures-- if someone preps me, I can transfer it back to UP.

I think you're thinking of Blue Rose, which is at Universal & Carrier; 5 or so towers; about $800M...

THis is on south I-Drive, about a mile south of Orl. Premium Outlets, on the eastern shore of Lake Bryan, opposite I-4, and also north of Caribe Royale. this should have around 1,300 units when complete.

sorry, no photo. there was one posted a while back-- I've actually got it saved under my pictures-- if someone preps me, I can transfer it back to UP.

I did some digging on the internet and apparently "Palazzo del Lago" will also run in the $800 million dollar range. It will have 1260 luxury hotel and condominium units. The resort will also include The Villas at Palazzo del Lago, a 994-unit resort residential condominium development comprised of five separate towers of 18 stories each, each with its own set of amenities, including a swimming pool, fitness center and Smart technology.

Funny that this project hasn't been talked about much considering the the sheer size and scope. It's probably the location, no one seems to care that much about south I-drive.

I did some digging on the internet and apparently "Palazzo del Lago" will also run in the $800 million dollar range. It will have 1260 luxury hotel and condominium units. The resort will also include The Villas at Palazzo del Lago, a 994-unit resort residential condominium development comprised of five separate towers of 18 stories each, each with its own set of amenities, including a swimming pool, fitness center and Smart technology.

Funny that this project hasn't been talked about much considering the the sheer size and scope. It's probably the location, no one seems to care that much about south I-drive.

yeah, the condo towers, are to be part of a later phase or phases. the initial bldg will be of a similar layout as Shingle Creek, roughly 14 stories but fairly wide overlooking the lake. I don't know how the other towers would fit in with the hotel portion.

As for the I-4/192 5 tower deal, the Landmark, I think, well, I don't know.

New update:

LBV Resort & Spa: tower #4 is now U/C. can you believe it? tower #3, at 15 stories, topped off a few weeks back, and the pylons for tower #4 are being constructed just to the west of tower #3, and its orientation will be north-south instead of east-west, like tower #3. I originally thought this was the cheesiest of all the projects, but dang, it looks good and its moving fast. Tower #3 looks massive from I-Drive looking south past Orl Prem. Outlets.

Sheraton Vistana Villages: 3-4 towers, roughly 6 stories each have been U/C for the last few months, east side of I-Drive across Floriday's resort.

Blue Heron: I gotta tell ya, when I first saw the color scheme of tower #1, I wanted to puke. However, now, when driving up 535 near dusk, it lights up nicely and makes a nice backdrop for that area. It's less cheesy than the Holiday Inn Sunspree, and tower #2 is almost halfway up to its 23 or so floor height. It will be very visible for quite a distance.

My wife and I attended a benefit at Sea World tonight, and on driving there and back we were struck by the immense amount of land out there still to be developed.

The way we talk about all these projects you halfway expect to go out there and see the area bristling with highrise. On the contrary, these highrises are sometimes miles apart from each other.

My wife and I attended a benefit at Sea World tonight, and on driving there and back we were struck by the immense amount of land out there still to be developed.

The way we talk about all these projects you halfway expect to go out there and see the area bristling with highrise. On the contrary, these highrises are sometimes miles apart from each other.

oh, they are... they are...

Also:

The Pointe condos:

at Carrier and Universal-- confirmed, they are doing sitework/foundation work in the SE corner of the parcel. there are girders there too-- not sure why. cement was also poured as well.

Dale, I think that when Blue Rose and The Pointe get done, there will be good density in that stretch of Universal from I-Drive to Sand Lake Rd, and then all the way to OCCC-- at least on the west side of the road.

I don't remember the name of the Pink Disaster Towers down on Carrier, but they are looking much better now. Does anyone know when the renovation will be finished?

The Westgate Palace. Whatever they've been doing they've been doing for years and I doubt they'll ever be done. I vividly remember staying there in 2002 and they were doing work then. It's a shame really because it has beautiful views of the city.

The Westgate Palace. Whatever they've been doing they've been doing for years and I doubt they'll ever be done. I vividly remember staying there in 2002 and they were doing work then. It's a shame really because it has beautiful views of the city.

I think the key here is the fact that Westgate is the new owner-- night and day compopared to the two previous bankrupt owners/developers when they were pink.

Dale, I think that when Blue Rose and The Pointe get done, there will be good density in that stretch of Universal from I-Drive to Sand Lake Rd, and then all the way to OCCC-- at least on the west side of the road.

Your absolutely right. I believe Westgate towers is right next to the Blue Rose site. Westgate has excellent height and will compliment Blue Rose nicely. About a block to the south is the Crown Plaza and a block to the north is Sheraton Studio City. Another block or so to the north east is Double Tree twin towers, I think somewhere in that vicinity is where City Mark will break ground next year. In three-to-four years I-drive will be comprized of a string of highrises from Universal to the OCCC.

some interesting points of note:

a buddy of mine that books for the OCCC told me the following:

1. Peabody-- confirmed, that they are booking rooms already for future conventions; the reason they haven't broken ground yet is b/c they switched GC's (don't know who) and the new GC is in the process of refining their plans. its still only a 32 story addition.

The Peabody, oddly enough, is the ONLY proposed project near the OCCC booking future rooms right now.

JRS1 my friend, your sources are once again correct. The Peabody Expansion is in fact issuing TCCD's as we speak, in fact I believe that there is one due tomorrow.

This is a very legitamate project.

I think the key here is the fact that Westgate is the new owner-- night and day compopared to the two previous bankrupt owners/developers when they were pink.

Westgate has owned this property for at least 4 years. I don't know what they're waiting for? This is a great hotel, with a killer location. I used to stay here when I lived up north and vacationed in Orlando. I could walk to Universal, Festival Bay, Pointe Orlando & a bunch of resturants.

Now that these other hotels are opening on the same corner maybe Westgate will get themselves in gear.

Westgate has owned this property for at least 4 years. I don't know what they're waiting for? This is a great hotel, with a killer location. I used to stay here when I lived up north and vacationed in Orlando. I could walk to Universal, Festival Bay, Pointe Orlando & a bunch of resturants.

Now that these other hotels are opening on the same corner maybe Westgate will get themselves in gear.

When did you stay there? I was pretty sure that these two buildings have never been finished. Or do you mean that you stayed in the general vicinity?

has it been that long? it seems as if it was just yesterday when they announced the new Roman theme and redid those two bldgs. I think the western tower has been open for a while; it looks like the eastern tower, the one near the corner of Carrier and Univ., is still undergoing renovations.

I don't remember the name of the Pink Disaster Towers down on Carrier, but they are looking much better now. Does anyone know when the renovation will be finished?

They are called Sandy Lake Tower. I remember back in the late 90's the Wall Street Journal did an article on them. A Brazilian developer had purchased them. When I was in high school my friends and I used to sneak up the top and "do what high school kids do." Good time. :thumbsup:

They are called Sandy Lake Tower. I remember back in the late 90's the Wall Street Journal did an article on them. A Brazilian developer had purchased them. When I was in high school my friends and I used to sneak up the top and "do what high school kids do." Good time. :thumbsup:

I remember these two U/C in '96/'97. also, the former condo bldg. which later became part of the Crowne Plaza was another casualty. Luckily, Crown Plaza built an addition and salvaged that eyesore at Carrier and Sand Lake.