Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

has it been that long? it seems as if it was just yesterday when they announced the new Roman theme and redid those two bldgs. I think the western tower has been open for a while; it looks like the eastern tower, the one near the corner of Carrier and Univ., is still undergoing renovations.

It has been at least that long. I can fathom why they haven't completed construction on the east tower, they have really nice hotel rooms.

• 4 weeks later...

Can I put in a request for some current pictures of Pointe Orlando? How's the renovation going? What's new and open? Last time I saw it in person The Capital Grille was having its soft opening.

Slowly, very slowly. Starbucks will be staying in it's current spot and not moving to the front as proposed... so there's more room for something along I-Drive. Hopefully Abercrombie & Fitch will be returning! OMG!

Slowly, very slowly. Starbucks will be staying in it's current spot and not moving to the front as proposed... so there's more room for something along I-Drive. Hopefully Abercrombie & Fitch will be returning! OMG!

As you know, Capital Grill is open.

The Tommy Bahama store and restaurant looks to be about ready to open. It's painted and the signage is up outside.

The "Agrape" (I think that's what it is) looks almost ready, too. Also has it's signage up but has only been primed for painting.

The Maggianos building is framed and has a facade up. It still needs work though to finish the outside before it's even ready to pain.

This is just what I could see driving by on I-Drive. It looks like the Tommy Bahama place, which is across from Capital Grill (where Monty's Conch Harbor was) is almost ready to open.

The Maggianos, which I really want to open, looks a few months away, still.

I have my camera in my car, if I can get by there on my lunch or after work, I'll get some pictures.

I went to twat (that) Hooters last week Tuesday, but I parked on the 3rd level and took the skywalk in. didn't have an opp. to look around (I had family in from up norte). sorry... but the ditz factor was at an all-time high at America's favorite wing house.

I'm scared of that Hooters because I've seen more roaches crawling around the Adobe Gilla's next door than at the landfill.

This really surprised me as I thought that Unicorp was in shambles.

In spite of the land acquisition ... the rest of the article makes me think they may be in shambles still. They got way behind on Baldwin, had to drop the Casselberry towncenter, were dismissed from some project in Tampa, and were involved in a big lawsuit with Goodings.

In spite of the land acquisition ... the rest of the article makes me think they may be in shambles still. They got way behind on Baldwin, had to drop the Casselberry towncenter, were dismissed from some project in Tampa, and were involved in a big lawsuit with Goodings.

similar take from me as well, except I'm wondering if all that has been corrected now so they can move forward.

I've heard:

'next year'

'early next year'

'first quarter 2007'

I'm okay with that; it will give us time to soak in the Westin Imagine and The Point condos next door. Not to mention the progress on the Intercontinental Palazo del Lago (is it just a trailer, or have they started construction?). Also, Blue Heron#2 is gettin' up there in height.

Someone at work told me that Trump is building a condo near Seaworld. Anyone know if this is true and if so can you please share any info.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it but one construction site I haven't been able to get any answers on is across I-Drive from the Kraken. I believe I saw a PCL sign on it.

Edited by Altimike