Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

I would think they would want to get it done sooner. The Peabody is always at 100% occupancy when I check, same with Rosen Shingle Creek around the corner. There's always something going on at the convention center.

word is (and you can take this to the bank), that they have already booked rooms for shows in 2008-2009. It's gettin' done; just a matter of when they break ground. but they can't take too much longer, I gather.

two 30 story tower condo hotel planned for turkey lake road.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/or...iness-headlines

it says that it is going to be waterfront. does anybody know what lake it is going to be on? i can only think of two lakes..... big sand lake and a small lake that is unconnected to the chain which is closer to the lake buena vista hotels.

which one is the question.

two 30 story tower condo hotel planned for turkey lake road.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/or...iness-headlines

it says that it is going to be waterfront. does anybody know what lake it is going to be on? i can only think of two lakes..... big sand lake and a small lake that is unconnected to the chain which is closer to the lake buena vista hotels.

which one is the question.

This weeks OBJ says it part of the Village at Midtown at Lake Ruby dvelopment formally known as Marbella. Here's a rendering:

1hl2.png

This weeks OBJ says it part of the Village at Midtown at Lake Ruby dvelopment formally known as Marbella. Here's a rendering:

1hl2.png

that project looks like that LBV Towers or whatever project from last year that was supposed to go behind Orl. Prem. Outlets.

this will fly the Wyndham flag. Maybe this is why they are no longer at the LBV Palace.

Edited by JRS1

An Orlando Sentinel article about the state of The Mercado has Unicorp comment on its redevelopment plans for The Mercado (AKA Aqua):

"Whittall said the plans for the new development, which initially included a condo-hotel project, have been scaled back to drop the condo component.

"The condo market had such a downturn that we don't want to take that risk," he said.

Whittall said the project, like Pointe Orlando, will take time to develop.

"What we did here, is we bought a problem and we're going to go in and make it a nice project, but that will take some time and plans and design efforts," Whittall said."

An Orlando Sentinel article about the state of The Mercado has Unicorp comment on its redevelopment plans for The Mercado (AKA Aqua):

"Whittall said the plans for the new development, which initially included a condo-hotel project, have been scaled back to drop the condo component.

"The condo market had such a downturn that we don't want to take that risk," he said.

"What we did here, is we bought a problem and we're going to go in and make it a nice project, but that will take some time and plans and design efforts," Whittall said."

yeah, I read that too during lunch.

well, so much for Aqua. I guess Rosen is the only non-chain going to build hotels near the OCCC. That would make:

1. Rosen

2. *Hilton

3. Peabody

4. *Westin

Isn't he saying that they are going to repaint it a different color and change the plants/shrubs? That's what I'm hearing.

I visited my folks in Dr. Phillips over the weekend and was surprised to see that Unicorp's Dellagio and Rialto/Intermezzo sites have remained relatively unchanged since the last time I was in town in May. Dellagio was supposed to begin construction last January and the Days Inn on Sand Lake Road has been razed for over a year now with absolutely no sign of impending construction aside from a weathered chain-link fence surrounding the property. Then there was that article about the Mercado and Unicorp's plans to scale down their Aqua project...it seems like they might have gotten in too deep and all three projects could be in serious jeopardy.

Here's an update:

1. LBV Res. & Spa #4: U/C and on 5th level (should be 15 stories like #3)

2. LBV Res. & Spa #3: U/C and topped off; exterior work finalizing

3. Blue Heron #2: U/C and at same height as #1; should be 23+ stories

4. Regency: U/C at floor 3; should be 12-14 stories

5. Belz/Prime: Mall 1 is gutted; the moat between both bldgs. has been eliminated; and iron work is being done to extend bldg.1 towards bldg.2 to make them one large bldg.