Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

man, that took forever going back page by page...

db_2008_DVC_Wing_art11.jpg

db_2008_DVC_Wing_art21.jpg

this is nice. I couldn't stand those low-rise structures. 2 stories each? what were they thinking?

wow. you know, this new bldg. will really add to the ambience of Bay Lake's hotel scene. for a second there I thought Disney abandoned us w/re to new projects.

Edited by JRS1

I think the Sheraton World has changed to International Plaza Resort & Spa:

http://www.intlplazaresort.com/

I don't know if that's good or bad.

Starwood has been raising the standards for Sheraton hotels alot lately. They probably could not maintain a high enough level of guest satisfaction. Dip below a certain percentage and they strip you of your flag.

Disney to partner with Four Seasons on luxury resort

Sara K. Clarke {sodEmoji.|} Sentinel Staff Writer

Posted March 1, 2007, 10:47 AM EST

Walt Disney World President Meg Crofton this morning announced two new projects at the resort: a luxury resort and golf course community in Bonnet Creek and a mixed-use commercial center for "value-conscious" guests just outside the western edge of its property.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/cu...-home-headlines

Disney to partner with Four Seasons on luxury resort

Sara K. Clarke {sodEmoji.|} Sentinel Staff Writer

Posted March 1, 2007, 10:47 AM EST

Walt Disney World President Meg Crofton this morning announced two new projects at the resort: a luxury resort and golf course community in Bonnet Creek and a mixed-use commercial center for "value-conscious" guests just outside the western edge of its property.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/cu...-home-headlines

Wow. I thought the Four Seasons deal was going to be in Celebration. So, here's the slate:

1. Four Seasons (2010- it's already 2007 so it's just around the corner)

2. Intercontinental (?, but sales center has been open for a couple of months)

3. Blue Rose (?, same as above except more sales here so far)

4. Hilton-Waldorf (?, not sure when)

5. Contemporary tower 2

6. Hilton OCCC

7. Peabody (just kidding)

As an aside, the Waldorf and Four Seasons are both going in the Bonnet Creek area-- prob. Chelonia Pkwy.

That's exciting news.

Edited by JRS1

Anyone have more details about the western parkway project? I know that they are talking about a village concept and cheaper hotels - is this just going to be another Downtown Disney, or something more urban like?

Well, I'm not personally involved with the project, so I can't say for sure, but it simply sounded to me like a type of Crossroads-style development on the Western side of Disney property -- value hotels, restaurants, etc.

Well, I'm not personally involved with the project, so I can't say for sure, but it simply sounded to me like a type of Crossroads-style development on the Western side of Disney property -- value hotels, restaurants, etc.

I bet you the OOCEA wants them to build that b/c between that and Winter garden Village as retail/hotel magnets, it will really jack the toll intake on 429 BIG-TIME.

I bet you the OOCEA wants them to build that b/c between that and Winter garden Village as retail/hotel magnets, it will really jack the toll intake on 429 BIG-TIME.

Great, 5 years from now we'll non stop whining about the tolls from people who moved over there....

SeaWorld unveils name for beachy feature

Scott Powers {sodEmoji.|} Sentinel Staff Writer

Posted March 5, 2007

Today SeaWorld's new theme-park concept gets a name -- Aquatica -- and an identity that appears to be a cross between traditional water parks, SeaWorld itself and SeaWorld's high-end theme park, Discovery Cove.

"The way it's designed, it takes our guests from the serene to the extreme," said Joseph A. Couceiro, national vice president of marketing for Busch Entertainment Corp., SeaWorld's parent company.

With simultaneous events today in London; S

I am really excited about this Four Seasons deal. The interesting thing here is that they don't bother mentioning anything about the Contemporary expansion.

The part that isn't noted very well is the impact the Four Seasons new location will have on Celebration. The Four Seasons had been holding on to a big chunk of land in the southern most part of Celebration in an area called "Island Village".

islandVill.jpg

Here's a letter to residents from Matt Kelly from The Celebration Company http://www.celebration.fl.us/openimages/20...08TCCLetter.pdf

Speaking of Celebration, any updates on the Mona Lisa hotel?

Here's a small blurb from a long article on the Mona Lisa from the local Celebration News Newsletter:

Mona Lisa at Celebration, a luxury condominium hotel being built at the southeast corner of I-4 and 192, is topped off exterior construction in February. The hotel, which broke ground in July 2006, will immediately

begin interior design work and is on schedule to fully open in September

Edited by Kaz

Pointe Orlando, from Capital Grille to Tommy Bahama to Grape to Maggiano's is looking FIRST CLASS! What a start to it's transformation. Capital Grille was packed a while ago. And I hear Tommy Bahama is super successful already. THis place is going to rock when it fully reopens.

Pointe Orlando, from Capital Grille to Tommy Bahama to Grape to Maggiano's is looking FIRST CLASS! What a start to it's transformation. Capital Grille was packed a while ago. And I hear Tommy Bahama is super successful already. THis place is going to rock when it fully reopens.

Its great news that Pointe Orlando is up and running again, the last time I was in the area it was deserted

Are there any up to date pics of the refurb? There's nothing on the Pointe Orlando web site apart from renderings

Also, does anyone have any up to date pics of the Belz/Prime refurb?

Its great news that Pointe Orlando is up and running again, the last time I was in the area it was deserted

Are there any up to date pics of the refurb? There's nothing on the Pointe Orlando web site apart from renderings

Also, does anyone have any up to date pics of the Belz/Prime refurb?

I'm no expert photographer, but take some snapshots of both since i go there often. sorry there's no pix up until now. surprisingly, here are the surprise development updates down there that I'll try to snap:

1. pointe orlando

2. prime redev.

3. pointe orlando condos

4. westin imagine

5. vista cay

6. hilton's dirt mound

7. aquatica (can't see much over the fence)

8. Millenia & Oakridge Apts. (NW corner)

9. Millenia & Oakridge condos (NE corner)

10. Duke Realty Bldg. #2 near Macy's

11. IKEA construction site

I keep taking for granted just how much development takes place in this town on a regular basis.