Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

Err... Where is this?

Survey says: The middle of nowhere.

I think it's neat that a lot of these resorts get built out in the middle of nowhere, relatively speaking. For instance,

JW Marriott rising out of a sea of green really adds to the resort-atmosphere. It's relaxing.

Maybe it's just me. Sooner or later, though, as it fills in, it will be right in the center of the action. Hopefully as that happens, we can keep the green and minimize the asphalt, if that's possible.

Edited by radiostatic102

Heh? Grande Lakes, which I assume is the Marriott you're referring to, is right on the edge of a large neighborhood and rather close to I-Drive, not to mention Sea World. Not exactly the middle of nowhere. On the other hand, I don't see anything around this resort.

Heh? Grande Lakes, which I assume is the Marriott you're referring to, is right on the edge of a large neighborhood and rather close to I-Drive, not to mention Sea World. Not exactly the middle of nowhere. On the other hand, I don't see anything around this resort.

There was a rumor a while back that Walmart was going to build a supercenter across the street from this resort. :sick:

There was a rumor a while back that Walmart was going to build a supercenter across the street from this resort. :sick:

You know, they'd almost deserve it. I've always felt like Grande Lakes is in the strangest location possible. Sort of like posh resorts in Caribbean countries surrounded by giant fences, which if/when you are to venture past, you'll find yourself in the middle of a shanty. Not that this part of town is shanty-esque, but, it's really strange land use for a highly-respected brand associated with the utmost sophistication to plop down in the middle of suburbia.

You know, they'd almost deserve it. I've always felt like Grande Lakes is in the strangest location possible. Sort of like posh resorts in Caribbean countries surrounded by giant fences, which if/when you are to venture past, you'll find yourself in the middle of a shanty. Not that this part of town is shanty-esque, but, it's really strange land use for a highly-respected brand associated with the utmost sophistication to plop down in the middle of suburbia.

I agree. Shingle Creek is pretty close to it opposite 528. I think the master plan or future road plan for the kirkman extension also has a road going east to JYP just north of CF PKWY. It could tie it in a little more to Universal BLVD.

they should build an E-W road from I-Drive to JYP south of CF Pkwy. that connects to it better.

The groundbreaking of The Waldorf Astoria at Bonnet Creek and the Hilton Bonnet Creek Hotel in the Walt Disney World Resort occurred this past Thursday, April 12. For your information, completion and opening is scheduled for September 2009.The 1,000-room Hilton and the 498-room Waldorf Astoria hotel will also offer a Rees Jones Championship designed golf course, expansive swimming pools that overlook the golf course, 24,000 square-foot spa and fitness center and a combined total of 125,000 square feet of meeting space.

I was down there last Thursday and they were Setting up pile drivers.

I also have a rendering if someone could let me know how to insert it.

Pile drivers? You a wrestler?

I think I may have used the wrong term.

They are big tall things with a large weight attached to drive down concrete piers, I think,

No even close to a wrestler. Too old. Actually, I'm a DOS at a hotel near I-Drive and Universal.

What does this mean under my name?

Warn: (0%)

I think it means that you were bad and now you are on the moderators' radar.

I wonder what I did. Only 10 post since my first and I'm already in trouble.

Have been reading these boards for a couple of years now but don't share info to often for that reason. I thought I might get into trouble, but I didn't think it would be with a moderator.

:dontknow:

Bic, Thanks for confirming my termanology.

BTW, the Molten Magma.

Edited by montu2u