Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

thanks for the link. that made life easy.

looks like a hospital

yw and yeah its very sterile looking. i kinda threw up a little when i saw the pic. :sick: but then again, isn't it off the beaten path? at least its not right on I-drive.

yw and yeah its very sterile looking. i kinda threw up a little when i saw the pic. :sick: but then again, isn't it off the beaten path? at least its not right on I-drive.

Oh, you'll definitely see it from I-Drive. It's 18 stories and it's not that far back from the road.

Edit: Found it.

Sneak Peek At Multi-Million Dollar I-Drive Project

POSTED: 5:46 pm EDT May 22, 2007

UPDATED: 6:15 pm EDT May 22, 2007

ORLANDO, Fla. -- There's a huge, new vision for I-Drive that includes high-end hotels and shopping. Channel 9 has the only look at what the multi-million dollar project would look like.

Rosen

Edited by orlandonative

ORLANDO, Fla. -- There's a huge, new vision for I-Drive that includes high-end hotels and shopping. Channel 9 has the only look at what the multi-million dollar project would look like.

Rosen

wow.

It makes a lot of sense to link it all together and it would really help with the convention experience.

Rosen

all I saw from the rendering was this:

-new hotel tower at the Rosen (Centre or Plaza?-- old Clarion)

-new meeting room space fronting I-4 behind the two towers.

-new outparcels fronting I-Drive in front of hotel.

-link to OCCC West Bldg (whatever form I don't know-- perhaps a skybridge over the entrance road?)

-and a potential link to Pointe Orlando

I didn't see anything about a link to other businesses up I-Drive north of there; it seems to be a localized project for that hotel. Gotta hand it to him. He's trying to best Westin Imagine and Hilton in one fell swoop.

conclusion: obviously a great project

WDW is also building a new hotel at Animal Kingdom Lodge-- it will hug the western edge of it's serenghetti [sic].

I think it is part of the vacation club.-- 5-6 stories; it's own lobby, and at least as large as the existing hotel. I think the top couple of levels at AK Lodge will also be converted to vacation club units as well. no rendering.

I was told they already cordoned off the area for sitework.

Edited by JRS1

tell me if this isn't a boom:

1. Hilton OCCC (1,400 rms)

2. Waldorf-Hilton Bonnett Creek (1,500 rms)

3. Contemporary #2

4. Animal Kingdom Lodge #2 Dis. Vac. CLub ( 1,000 plus rms)

5. Westin Imagine

6. Hilton Grand Vac. at Midtown

7. LBV Res. & Spa #3 & 4

8. Blue Heron #2

9. The Pointe Orlando #1 & 2

10. Fairfield Bonnet Creek #4 & 5

11. Hilton Vac. CLub (Premium Outlets) #8

12. Regency Suites (I think it's dead)

13. ... I know there's more...

all U/C or sitework stage

Harry Potter coming to Orlando's Universal Studios AKA Huge for Universal!!

Universal Orlando has secured rights to the phenomenally successful Harry Potter stories and will build a themed area of rides, shops and restaurants called "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter" at Islands of Adventure. Universal, author J.K. Rowling and Warner Bros. Studios, which makes the Harry Potter movies, are making a worldwide announcement of the deal today. Universal expects to break ground late this summer and have "Wizarding World" open by late 2009.

Article

30164352fg0.jpg

30164354bn3.jpg

my question is simply: where will that attraction go inside Islands? will they expand Islands, or convert an existing island within Islands?

They are tearing out part of the lost continent and adding more park in an area on the side i believe. And as for the snow, i dont think it will be real just plaster snow pasted on everything to make it look like it snowed.