Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

This is the site plan by the way...

SITE-PLAN-WITH-LABELS_cx.jpg

the floorplan explains it all. one bldg. looks like a pronounced "I" or "H" on it's side, while the other is in the shape of an "L" with a wing protruding from it's far side... can't be seen from the renderings. interesting.

as for the tower cranes, they are for Hilton Grande Vacation Club or whatever in Midtown. I think this project is still farther south along Palm Parkway where that intersection is.

I just got back from seeing The Blue Man Group tonight--- definitely a great show! It has so much energy, and if you've not seen a Blue Man Group show before, very unique. Even if you have, do not worry, the show will be tweaked in the upcoming weeks to add/change elements that aren't at any other venue. I can't wait to go back and see it again. Definitely a great addition to Universal. Hit up Tchoup Chop at the Royal Pacific, take the boat to CityWalk and see a Blue Man show...

This town is great--- but needs to be phenomenal!

I just got back from seeing The Blue Man Group tonight--- definitely a great show! It has so much energy, and if you've not seen a Blue Man Group show before, very unique. Even if you have, do not worry, the show will be tweaked in the upcoming weeks to add/change elements that aren't at any other venue. I can't wait to go back and see it again. Definitely a great addition to Universal. Hit up Tchoup Chop at the Royal Pacific, take the boat to CityWalk and see a Blue Man show...

This town is great--- but needs to be phenomenal!

I went Sunday night and took my 7 yr old. He really enjoyed it. At one point he tapped me on the arm and said, "Thanks for bringing me Dad". What a great moment, and a great show. Loved the Twinkie bit, but the best part was the dancing ladies around the liquid tornado. Very cool, My son continues to attmept to dance like them.

I agree, it is a great addition to the Universal complex.

Edited by montu2u

Do you have to pay regular park admission or is it part of Citywalk, kind of like Cirque De Sole?

Just like Cirque. The entrance is between the Studios and Hard Rock. They actually used the sound stage that Nick used to be in. Not sure what pricing is but you do not have to enter either park.

Edited by montu2u

what is the flying unicorn? that kinda sounds like a ride.

It is the Kid's Roller Coaster,

Rumor is there will be three attractions in Wizarding World.

The first two will be Dueling Dragons and Flying Unicorn. The are existing in that area but may be renamed. (Unicorn may even get a the Broomstick theme, maybe a new train on the existing track).

The thrid attraction will be in the Hogwarts Castle Area. Ron's Car runaway car?.....maybe.

No definite word yet.

Edited by montu2u

It is the Kid's Roller Coaster,

Rumor is there will be three attractions in Wizarding World.

The first two will be Dueling Dragons and Flying Unicorn. The are existing in that area but may be renamed. (Unicorn may even get a the Broomstick theme, maybe a new train on the existing track).

The thrid attraction will be in the Hogwarts Castle Area. Ron's Car runaway car?.....maybe.

No definite word yet.

They say there will be a highly technical ride ... my best guess is allowing guests to attend a quiditch game! Or attend a wizarding duel. If they can pull that off it would be awesome!

One would think they would build another attraction in the forbidden forest as well with all the strange creatures and huge spiders; could be fun. I wish they were appropriating A LOT MORE land to this area ... I can think of a million rides and attractions! lol

http://www.screamscape.com/html/ioa_-_proj...trong_arm_0.htm

the sinbad area will probably be converted into the forbidden forest, and my guess they will have a car chase sorta thing in there, considering Universal did win the rights to the Kuka robotic arm tech. a few weeks back http://www.technovelgy.com/graphics/conten...er-g2-track.jpg

just seems to make sense, and im 95% sure, they will use the arm in same way involving harry potter

and from what I heard, the flying unicorn will become the flying hippogriff, and last time i was at universal, they were stopping people at the stain glass window movie thing in the queue for dueling dragons, perhaps testing the timing for a new theme for the ride, which might be the triwizard tournament

http://www.screamscape.com/html/ioa_-_proj...trong_arm_0.htm

the sinbad area will probably be converted into the forbidden forest, and my guess they will have a car chase sorta thing in there, considering Universal did win the rights to the Kuka robotic arm tech. a few weeks back http://www.technovelgy.com/graphics/conten...er-g2-track.jpg

just seems to make sense, and im 95% sure, they will use the arm in same way involving harry potter

and from what I heard, the flying unicorn will become the flying hippogriff, and last time i was at universal, they were stopping people at the stain glass window movie thing in the queue for dueling dragons, perhaps testing the timing for a new theme for the ride, which might be the triwizard tournament

Very cool about dueling dragons, although I could never stomach that ride for some reason it felt like getting in a rough car wreck; unlike the Hulk which flows like the wind. However a DD HP conversion could be interesting if they enclosed some of the ride instead of that huge bare track ... would feel more like a linear experience and could carry a story line a bit better. Tri-wizard theme seems to fit perfect, what with the dragons and all.

It must be an awesome job creating projects like these.

seems like a whole lot of money being spent for just architecture, renaming and revamping what is already there, if they dont add another roller coaster it will be a worthless project, someone in the city needs to get some 6alls and build a rollercoaster that actually is exciting. I have been to cedar point and nothing here compares to there, or for that matter six flags even has better rides, the spiderman and mummy are great rides for orlando nothing against them but we need a tall or really fast rollercoaster here.

One would think they would build another attraction in the forbidden forest as well with all the strange creatures and huge spiders; could be fun. I wish they were appropriating A LOT MORE land to this area ... I can think of a million rides and attractions! lol

I completely agree...there'd be lots of potential, it's too bad Universal doesn't have much land to expand on.

Waldorf-Hilton construction update:

DSCN1486.jpg

DSCN1482.jpg

DSCN1483.jpg

In this next photo, you can see the Waldorf-Hilton tower cranes behind the Wyndham/Fairfield Bonnet Creek towers, which are also U/C off of Chelonia Pkwy: Note: Gaylord Palms looms in the background:

DSCN1466.jpg

Wyndham/Fairfield Bonnet Creek

DSCN1487.jpg

Edited by JRS1