Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

• 2 weeks later...

Unicorp's set to unveil Mercado plan

Orlando Business Journal Article

SUMMARY:

This blurb of an article is just mentioning that Unicorp is scheduled to unveil its plans for the redevelopment of The Mercado on International Drive. Dubbed The Square, the 20-acre lifestyle center will feature 350,000 square feet of retail, free garage (and surface) parking, and entitlements for 2,000 hotel rooms. Tenants include Brazilian churrascaria Fogo de Chao, Trulucks seafood restaurant, Ra Sushi, nightclub Martini Park, and Rock Bottom restaurant and brewery. Unicorp plans to begin demolishing The Mercado this month.

siteplan.jpg

Edited by bic

Hey, so I took the family to the beach today and the way I go I take the 429 all the way to I-4. Right at the point the 429 ramps onto I-4, there is a new high rise off to the east side of I-4. It looked resort-ish and had some type of twin ornamantation at the top. I'm guessing like 15 stories. Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? What is this?

Unicorp's set to unveil Mercado plan

Orlando Business Journal Article

SUMMARY:

This blurb of an article is just mentioning that Unicorp is scheduled to unveil its plans for the redevelopment of The Mercado on International Drive. Dubbed The Square, the 20-acre lifestyle center will feature 350,000 square feet of retail, free garage (and surface) parking, and entitlements for 2,000 hotel rooms. Tenants include Brazilian churrascaria Fogo de Chao, Trulucks seafood restaurant, Ra Sushi, nightclub Martini Park, and Rock Bottom restaurant and brewery. Unicorp plans to begin demolishing The Mercado this month.

siteplan.jpg

I like this plan--the retail and commercial buildings will front International Drive; little by little a solid streetwall is appearing. I always wonder why the city/county does not force all new development in this area to be designed with urban principles.

Hey, so I took the family to the beach today and the way I go I take the 429 all the way to I-4. Right at the point the 429 ramps onto I-4, there is a new high rise off to the east side of I-4. It looked resort-ish and had some type of twin ornamantation at the top. I'm guessing like 15 stories. Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? What is this?

I believe you're talking about the highrise at Reunion.

i noticed that they fenced off an area across from the rialto construction site on sand lake road. its located in between the mcdonalds and the current plus or minus 10 story office building. this building is marketed as class A office and looks to rise as least 10 stories from the picture that is posted along the side of the road. i couldnt snap a pic of it since the traffic started to let up.

i noticed that they fenced off an area across from the rialto construction site on sand lake road. its located in between the mcdonalds and the current plus or minus 10 story office building. this building is marketed as class A office and looks to rise as least 10 stories from the picture that is posted along the side of the road. i couldnt snap a pic of it since the traffic started to let up.

I was talking to my dad and I was told that is supposed to replace the three buildings in that corner. I don't know if that's true, if that was the case that would include the Colonial Bank, BofA and the McDonalds.

I was talking to my dad and I was told that is supposed to replace the three buildings in that corner. I don't know if that's true, if that was the case that would include the Colonial Bank, BofA and the McDonalds.

why would they replace the mcdonalds? its only a few years old and has been really successful. that is unless they are going to move into the ground floor retail that the new building was advertising. however, it wouldnt make sense for mcdonalds because they have the land and the proper setup with great business...... the only way i can see them selling is by eminent domain. they have all the cards here.

Edited by shardoon

why would they replace the mcdonalds? its only a few years old and has been really successful. that is unless they are going to move into the ground floor retail that the new building was advertising. however, it wouldnt make sense for mcdonalds because they have the land and the proper setup with great business...... the only way i can see them selling is by eminent domain. they have all the cards here.

Mc Donald's improved the property that pond sits on as well. Why would they be willing to have a building put on thier stormwater managment system if the building wasn't planning on coming down either? I do agree with you it makes no sense to knock down the McDonald's. You will notice though that the same sign for the office building in front of McDonald's is also around the corner in front of Colonial Bank on Turkey Lake.

Edited by codypet

I think they started demo on The Mercado for The Square yesterday.

^^

wow on the bldg. discussed above on Sand Lake across from Mercado-- dnk... but will investigate further. I agree about Mickey D's though...

^^

Midtown: the 16 story Hilton is TWO towers, not just one. Plus, Wyndham is supposed to be developing TWO 30 story towers there as well.

^^

Anyone hear about ICON Celebration? not sure if anyone posted it yet. The Related Group out of Miami.