Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

No no... Gino's East and maybe Maggiano's little partner, Corner Bakery! :thumbsup:  The Giordano's in LBV is dirty and their service is horrible. I left before even ordering.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, I had a bad experience at that Giordano's as well. I was just acknowledging the presence of another Chicago area restaurant in the metro Orlando area. I think there is another Giordano's somewhere on US192, not sure where. They might be better or more of the same.

The Giordano's in LBV is not dirty. I've been there dozens of times since 1997 (but not in the last year--you could be right)

The Giordano's on 192 is in the plaza where Splendid China's sign is. There's a Carraba's nearby as well. They have great service and are much busier as well.

The LBV Giordano's did suffer from bad service, that is true. But I think their management focused more on catering to nearby hotel guests and take out as a major part of its business.

Anyway, I know the owners of the company and complained every time I got bad service to give them a heads up in case the managers tried to hide that fact to preserve their jobs.

the Chicago stores are awesome, especially the Rush Street location.

I think its a matter of bad management. The 192 store is always good. I'd go there and stay away from the LBV location. That's what I do and I used to know both managers. I just got sick and tired of always being dissappointed with the service at the LBV location. Its a shame...

• 3 weeks later...

Westin brand coming to I-Drive

Bob Mervine

Link to Orlando Business Journal Article

Summary

Intrawest Corp., the Canadian developer of the 29.51-acre Village of Imagine project adjacent to the Orange County Convention Center on I-Drive, announced that it has affiliated 450 of its 1,000 hotel condo units with the Westin brand. Westin would operate 250 condo hotel units in a 12-story high-rise and 200 units in a low-rise that will also incorporate 40,000 square feeet of retail and restaurant space. The first phase of the resort will be completed by 2008, while two more phases are still in the planning stages. The second phase will consist of another high-rise Intrawest product, while the third phase operator has yet to be determined.

I just realized that these renderings of The Rialto were never posted in this thread. The Rialto consists of 200 condo units, 20 retail shops, fine-dining restaurants, and cafe's, and 48,000 square feet of office condo's, for a grand total of 350,000 square feet upon 13 acres on Sand Lake Road (between Turkey Lake Road and Dr. Phillips Blvd.).

therialto0ap.jpg

rialto-art.jpg

rialto-render.jpg

I really hope they activate this lakefront instead of making it a service road or back of the building parking. There is virtually no use of the lakefront at Plaza Venezia, across the street from this development. It's a shame to waste a beautiful lake on a Publix loading dock...

I really hope they activate this lakefront instead of making it a service road or back of the building parking. There is virtually no use of the lakefront at Plaza Venezia, across the street from this development. It's a shame to waste a beautiful lake on a Publix loading dock...

I whole heartedly agree with this statement. My friends and I have been saying this ever since Venezia went up. Not even The Samba Room, Timpano or Roy's really take advantage of the lake back there. The breezeway between the Italian restaurant and Barney's could have opened up to more retail and restaurants on the lake. :angry:

I happen to really like this initial rendering of Blue Rose. The design certainly matches the name.

I counted the tower on the far right to be 35-stories above the pedestal level, which looks like it could be about 6 or 7-stories tall. Looks like we're dealing with some 40-story building heights here...

Holy crap!

For some reason, I was thinking Aqua. Wow, Aqua and Blue Rose.

Is this thing really getting built?

Location: Carrier Drive and Universal Blvd., caddy-corner to the Westgate former pink towers next to Wet 'n Wild.

THis Blue Rose development is one of the most impressive projects I've seen anywhere in Florida.