Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^^ Spenser1058, you really need to do a podcast or something like that; YouTube perhaps where you're getting paid to blog.  your analysis and commentary is truly a great thing.  No BS, I mean it.

Yes I am tourist but I usually avoid the theme parks but did go to Disney Springs.  I knew they were restricting crowd size but did not know they had temperature checks in order to get in and masks we

Orlando will host the Special Olympics USA games in 2022: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/politics/political-pulse/os-ne-desantis-special-olympics-orlando-20190312-story.html From the Se

Posted Images

i noticed that they fenced off an area across from the rialto construction site on sand lake road. its located in between the mcdonalds and the current plus or minus 10 story office building. this building is marketed as class A office and looks to rise as least 10 stories from the picture that is posted along the side of the road. i couldnt snap a pic of it since the traffic started to let up.

i noticed that they fenced off an area across from the rialto construction site on sand lake road. its located in between the mcdonalds and the current plus or minus 10 story office building. this building is marketed as class A office and looks to rise as least 10 stories from the picture that is posted along the side of the road. i couldnt snap a pic of it since the traffic started to let up.

I was talking to my dad and I was told that is supposed to replace the three buildings in that corner. I don't know if that's true, if that was the case that would include the Colonial Bank, BofA and the McDonalds.

I was talking to my dad and I was told that is supposed to replace the three buildings in that corner. I don't know if that's true, if that was the case that would include the Colonial Bank, BofA and the McDonalds.

why would they replace the mcdonalds? its only a few years old and has been really successful. that is unless they are going to move into the ground floor retail that the new building was advertising. however, it wouldnt make sense for mcdonalds because they have the land and the proper setup with great business...... the only way i can see them selling is by eminent domain. they have all the cards here.

Edited by shardoon

why would they replace the mcdonalds? its only a few years old and has been really successful. that is unless they are going to move into the ground floor retail that the new building was advertising. however, it wouldnt make sense for mcdonalds because they have the land and the proper setup with great business...... the only way i can see them selling is by eminent domain. they have all the cards here.

Mc Donald's improved the property that pond sits on as well. Why would they be willing to have a building put on thier stormwater managment system if the building wasn't planning on coming down either? I do agree with you it makes no sense to knock down the McDonald's. You will notice though that the same sign for the office building in front of McDonald's is also around the corner in front of Colonial Bank on Turkey Lake.

Edited by codypet

I think they started demo on The Mercado for The Square yesterday.

^^

wow on the bldg. discussed above on Sand Lake across from Mercado-- dnk... but will investigate further. I agree about Mickey D's though...

^^

Midtown: the 16 story Hilton is TWO towers, not just one. Plus, Wyndham is supposed to be developing TWO 30 story towers there as well.

^^

Anyone hear about ICON Celebration? not sure if anyone posted it yet. The Related Group out of Miami.

Lake Eve resort (condotel) on I-Drive just north of Floridays is U/C.

Neiman's Last Call is opened at Prime.

Mona Lisa at Celebration is topped off and the exterior looks close to done.

The Point Orlando condotel on Carrier Drive is looking very sweet; darkhorse development; very nice and ornate and good coloring scheme. sorry, no pix yet...

great shots... you know, I thought I saw a glimpse of that tower in a small clearing on I-4 last night...

^^

I think I drive is actually becoming very urban, Sunshine. very quickly too. empty lots are filling in steadily. My friend in the industry told me also that Peabody stated an October groundbreaking, and that the Pointe Orlando redo is a HUGE hit with conventioneers.

OPA! is now opened at Pointe Orlando (Greek); and another restaurant; I think there's like a half-dozen or more places that have opened since the renovation: Maggiano's, Grape, Opa, Capital, Tommy, seafood place, another place(can't remember the name- saw it last night); I think Marino's went to Veranda Park;

----

Sand Lake Hospital's new tower is in full swing also;

----

Dellagio-- they put up barrier walls along Sand Lake and the side street (change in elevation walls); moving forward...

----

Celebration-- they built out the old parking area at the edge of DT (perhaps last year), and the grassy area near the Stetson building--- much more dense now;

Titanic resurfaces at science center

Attraction to reopen in December for yearlong run.

Orlando Business Journal - September 7, 2007by Bob MervineStaff Writer

http://orlando.bizjournals.com/orlando/sto...9396800^1516637

I guess they are going to demo the former Guiness bldg the Titanic exhibit was inside of.

I went to Old Town last night. Mercado reminded me of it a little bit...

Lake Eve resort (condotel) on I-Drive just north of Floridays is U/C.

Neiman's Last Call is opened at Prime.

Mona Lisa at Celebration is topped off and the exterior looks close to done.

The Point Orlando condotel on Carrier Drive is looking very sweet; darkhorse development; very nice and ornate and good coloring scheme. sorry, no pix yet...

Here are some progress pics of the Lake Eve Resort you mentioned (sorry about the repost)

Overhead11.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

Picture013-1.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Midtown update:

a former client of mine works at an engineering firm handling the structural aspects of the Wyndham twins. THey are preparing to submit the schematics for them this month. good news... it is moving forward. from there, may or may not break ground in the Fall.

As far as the mysterious tower proposed near Dr. Phillips on Sand Lake Road (its address is 7212 W. Sand Lake Road), it is being called Phillips View Tower and will be 11 stories tall, featuring 108,000 sq. ft. of Class A office and 7,000 sq. ft. of retail space. It is located on a small site between the gourmet McDonalds and the existing office mid-rise to its west (link to map). Already under construction across the street from this site is The Rialto and Intermezzo at the Rialto. Also under construction a few hundred feet down Sand Lake Road is a new Whole Foods store and half a mile in the other direction is Unicorp's Dellagio. Here's a rendering:

phillipsviewtowerbk2.jpg

As far as the mysterious tower proposed near Dr. Phillips on Sand Lake Road (its address is 7212 W. Sand Lake Road), it is being called Phillips View Tower and will be 11 stories tall, featuring 108,000 sq. ft. of Class A office and 7,000 sq. ft. of retail space. It is located on a small site between the gourmet McDonalds and the existing office mid-rise to its west (link to map). Already under construction across the street from this site is The Rialto and Intermezzo at the Rialto. Also under construction a few hundred feet down Sand Lake Road is a new Whole Foods store and half a mile in the other direction is Unicorp's Dellagio. Here's a rendering:

phillipsviewtowerbk2.jpg

WOW! That's a big building for that small spot.

I drove down I-Drive today and saw that demolition of The Mercado has begun. Things seem to be on schedule as far as The Square goes.

I'd also like to add that I'm extremely impressed by the Pointe Orlando renovation. Now that it's almost complete, it looks sooo much better than what was there before-- there's big name quality restaurants that command your attention, outdoor seating, plenty of places to enter the complex, and it just seems so much more inviting. Pointe Orlando gets:

props.jpg