Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

• 2 weeks later...

Universal Orlando hotel concept

From the Baker Barrios web site:

"The concept for this 1,800 room hotel incorporates a nod to classic and contemporary movies. This theme will be used as a backdrop for creating "two" hotels within one venue. Guests will be able to enter the different wings of the hotel and will experience this concept through the use of artwork, colors, textures, linens and props within the guestrooms and public corridors. The lobby will be shared by both wings and is an elegant interpretation of memorable lobbies depicted in some of Hollywood's classic movies."

hotele.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

just a reminder of all the biggies currently U/C:

1. Prime Phase II

2. Hilton Grand Vacations-- Midtown (2 bldgs)

3. Hilton OCCC

4. Waldorf Hilton at Bonnet Creek (2 bldgs)

5. The Square- demo

6. Westin Imagine OCCC

7. Rialto

8. Dellagio

9. Whole Foods Plaza Dr. Phillips

10. Premium expansion

11. Lake Eve Resort- I-Drive

12. The Fountains- Idrive- expansion

13. Wyndham Bonnet Creek- expansion

14. Contemporary II

...there's more I know...

it's good to see new proposals still coming out, like the Icon Celebration, the Universal hotel, etc... and don't forget... the design for The Square is for 4 towers fronting Universal Blvd. The billboard shows the graphic better than the website's front page...

My $$$ is on Peabody being the next to go up...

it's good to see new proposals still coming out, like the Icon Celebration, the Universal hotel, etc... and don't forget... the design for The Square is for 4 towers fronting Universal Blvd. The billboard shows the graphic better than the website's front page...

My $$$ is on Peabody being the next to go up...

I thought I read somewhere that Icon Celebration is a bust.

It was announced that the expansion would break ground this month.

That's good news, but I'll wait until dirt is actually moving until i believe it. How many times has this been postponed or cancelled? More than I can count. You know it's funny. Hilton had to let dirt settle for six months or so before they began construction. This is basically the same area. I wonder if Peobody will have to do the same?

Stupid question but anyone have any news on Blue Rose, Ravallo, or great Wheel? Some of these projects are looking more and more like fantasy.

well I can tell y'all what's not a bust: Pointe Orlando.

went there last night and BB Kng's is open-- I thing for 2 weeks; got a walk thru tour; it's huge; Hollister is also putting a store there.

so, this place now has:

-Capital grille

-Oceanaire

-The Grape

-Opa!

-Red Rock Canyon Grill

-Tommy Bahama (only 2 in Fla.)

-BB King's

-Maggiano's

to join: Hooter's, Johnny Rockets, Victoria Secret, a new cinema operator (AMC or Regal?), etc...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am very impressed at the transformation. same goes for Prime Outlets, which is a work in progress as well.

went there last night and BB Kng's is open-- I thing for 2 weeks; got a walk thru tour; it's huge; Hollister is also putting a store there.

so, this place now has:

-Capital grille

-Oceanaire

-The Grape

-Opa!

-Red Rock Canyon Grill

-BB King's

-Maggiano's

to join: Hooter's, Johnny Rockets, Victoria Secret, a new cinema operator (AMC or Regal?), etc...

I am very impressed at the transformation. same goes for Prime Outlets, which is a work in progress as well.

What happened to Adobe Gillas?

-Capital grille

-Oceanaire

-The Grape

-Opa!

-Red Rock Canyon Grill

-BB King's

-Maggiano's

I'd be more impressed if this (minus the theater) was underneath I-4 from church all the way north to ...hell I don't know $$

so, this place now has:

-Capital grille

-Oceanaire

-The Grape

-Opa!

-Red Rock Canyon Grill

-BB King's

-Maggiano's

Regal has been running the cinema since May. They've redone the Imax screen into what it should be. This is a great place to see a movie and get some food. I want to try BB King's.

BB King's has a great atmosphere... kind of like a hybrid of House of Blues and something else... it should make for a fun place.

^^

I agree w/ O'Native about having that retail under I-4. hopefully the "plan" by the city gets implemented.

The co. that did Pointe... someone like that needs to come DT and do something similar. honestly, I think that there are some mall retailers that would undoubtedly do well in DT- even in stand alone store fronts. Victoria Secret for one. That one is still alive and kicking at Pointe.