Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

Yay!!! I like coaster. Best one we have is the Hulk and Kraken. Everest is nice but a bit kiddy.

Cant wait for the new coaster at seaworld as well.

Anybody check out the new Disaster Ride at Universal? When is the Simpson open?

Dont forget to check out Beetlejuice Graveyard Reveu...

some guy at Universal... some janitor guy, probably an illegal immigrant, or maybe even a homeless guy who had been recently Baker Acted parading like an employee told me about some future projects at Universal... a real reliable source who is definitely in the know, is my point here...

that new hotel deal at Turkey Lake & Islands of Adventure where the high school is... will be connected by canal and there will be a new water park. they plan to dump Wet 'n Wild.

They have one at Legends in Kansas City,KS. It's a KIds type Retsrauant.

It's a new chain of restraurants developed by Landry, who owns the Rainforest Cafe. Yes, the place is very enticting for kids, but like the Rainforest Cafe, it does cater to all age groups. They built the first one in the Legends Shopping area in KCKC. It has the same feel as the Rainforest. Except a big gift shop attached to the restaurant.

Speaking of Restaurants, how about our city getting a Grand Lux Cafe and a Cheeseburger in Paradise? I'm thinking if the Festival Bay mall can land the Grand Lux with the CIP as an outparcel pad with a Dave & Busters plus the opening of the Ron Juan Surfpark, the Festival Bay mall would be kick-ass.

It's a new chain of restraurants developed by Landry, who owns the Rainforest Cafe. Yes, the place is very enticting for kids, but like the Rainforest Cafe, it does cater to all age groups. They built the first one in the Legends Shopping area in KCKC. It has the same feel as the Rainforest. Except a big gift shop attached to the restaurant.

Speaking of Restaurants, how about our city getting a Grand Lux Cafe and a Cheeseburger in Paradise? I'm thinking if the Festival Bay mall can land the Grand Lux with the CIP as an outparcel pad with a Dave & Busters plus the opening of the Ron Juan Surfpark, the Festival Bay mall would be kick-ass.

Are you saying that these restaurants are coming here or just that you would like to see them here. I am a little confused on your wording!

that wood be awesome. are these other restaurants coming or is it just a wish list?

sorry, just MY wish list, but a good list at that.

Darren

I will say this... Festival Bay was built way too late from when it should've opened originally. that being said, it does have a somewhat healthy inventory of stores now...and I'll leave it at that.

The Vans Skate Park is quite a destination. It is a very busy tenant at that mall. There's always lots of people at Festival Bay, except there's not enough stores. I think they should change their business model a bit and get some normal retailers in there to fill those spaces and get some more magnet stores in there too.

I don't know how much more Ron Juan would add other than just augment what Vans provides atmosphere-wise. The restaurants seem to be doing ok. I think they need at least one more major anchor in there to offset Bass Pro Shops and the Cinema.

In the beginning, it was a Belz property like the malls across the street. That's not the case anymore.

I will say this... Festival Bay was built way too late from when it should've opened originally. that being said, it does have a somewhat healthy inventory of stores now...and I'll leave it at that.

The Vans Skate Park is quite a destination. It is a very busy tenant at that mall. There's always lots of people at Festival Bay, except there's not enough stores. I think they should change their business model a bit and get some normal retailers in there to fill those spaces and get some more magnet stores in there too.

I don't know how much more Ron Juan would add other than just augment what Vans provides atmosphere-wise. The restaurants seem to be doing ok. I think they need at least one more major anchor in there to offset Bass Pro Shops and the Cinema.

In the beginning, it was a Belz property like the malls across the street. That's not the case anymore.

I think Dixie Crossroads is now closed. I haven't been to any of the other restaurants other than Fuddruckers which I ended up getting sick afterwards. I wish they would of kept the Murray Bros. Caddyshack restaurant. I went to the one out by St. Augustine and the place was very busy and the food was quite good.

I think Dixie Crossroads is now closed. I haven't been to any of the other restaurants other than Fuddruckers which I ended up getting sick afterwards. I wish they would of kept the Murray Bros. Caddyshack restaurant. I went to the one out by St. Augustine and the place was very busy and the food was quite good.

that's too bad... Dixie always seemed to be busy on the weekends...

that mall needs a retail enema... they need that surf park for starters; then they need some more outlet-type retailers like the Kaspar, Nine-West type, and more mall stores like the BCBG and Charlotte Russe that's there.

maybe if they built a huge Old Navy there... maybe Millennia's is too close... I got it... just build a flippin Kohl's since they're popping up everywhere anyway.

that mall needs a retail enema... they need that surf park for starters; then they need some more outlet-type retailers like the Kaspar, Nine-West type, and more mall stores like the BCBG and Charlotte Russe that's there.

maybe if they built a huge Old Navy there... maybe Millennia's is too close... I got it... just build a flippin Kohl's since they're popping up everywhere anyway.

They just closed the Old Navy across the street from Festival Bay. It was in the Ross / Bed bath and beyond shopping center.

I love the Simpsons but Simpsons ride sure sounds like the BTTF ride. Oh how i miss it. I hate how they just repackaged the same ride and call it something else. I'm looking at you Diaster!

Edited by codypet

Does anyone know what they are building next to the Residence Inn by Marriott across from the Premium Outlet Mall on I-4?

It looks like they are building another hotel/motel next to the Radisson and the Regal Sun Resort. Does anyone know what kind of hotel chain will it become?

I saw this too. It would be nice if this was the site work for the overpass across I-4. Probably not though.

I always thought the Festival Bay mall was a themed type mall searching for a theme. Nothing fits. They have national retailers like BCBG mixed in with outlet mall stores. The indoor mini golf looked like it was thrown in at the last minute.