Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

The OBJ is reporting that an out of town development group is planning a $500 million Condo Hotel on I-Drive that will be announced in Feb. It will be 40+ stories and the tallest building in CFL. It will be located in proximity to the convention center. It is not the Peabody expansion....

yeah, and what about Aqua?

Not to stray off-topic, But I consider Daytona to be extended metro, so, in Saturday's NewsJournal there was an article about a condo hotel proposal for A1A and Oakridge (Seabreeze Bridge) thats 420' and 42 stories. No flag yet. Its called The Grand. I didn't scan the pict. but I got it at home. The next tallest in DB are Peck Plaza at 350' and the proposed Blue at 33 stories and maybe 330'

Now that, I believe, is part of Reunion Resort. Emporis lists a tower at 12 stories as U/C. I saw that thing from the exit ramp and the two large cranes 2-3 months back. Those are tall cranes for only a 12 story bldg.

^^ This a rendering of Reunion Square at Reunion Club Resort

reunionsquare3nj.jpg

Site Plan

reunion5cn.jpg

Edited by firemick

Ballari by Amon Investments (bringing these pics over from the Altamonte/Winter park thread)

Possible Orange County Tallest

ballari17rz8ux.jpg

The road that runs between the project in the 2nd picture is a missing section of International Drive that will be or is being constructed to run from 536 and makes a jog back into 535 and crosses to link up with the other section of International Drive that runs down into Osceola County.

ballari27sb0wb.jpg

Edited by firemick

The OBJ is reporting that an out of town development group is planning a $500 million Condo Hotel on I-Drive that will be announced in Feb. It will be 40+ stories and the tallest building in CFL. It will be located in proximity to the convention center. It is not the Peabody expansion....

Is this possibly the Ballari? I am thinking it is, if you consider 8 miles south of the Convention Center "in proximity to the convention center".

Edited by firemick

How much of that land does City Mark own?

Seriously, the hotels down that street where the Delta Resort was are old and an eyesore. The old Mystery Fun House is nothing but a cheap "Buy Tickets Here" type place, as is most everything else on that road. Then you have the Ale House/Kobe/Golden Corral which, even though they keep a good crowd, isn't the prettiest building in the world.

I'm just wondering how much is coming down. If it's just Delta that's coming down, I don't see how this beatiful place is going to fit in with the rest of the trash on that road.

How much of that land does City Mark own?

Seriously, the hotels down that street where the Delta Resort was are old and an eyesore. The old Mystery Fun House is nothing but a cheap "Buy Tickets Here" type place, as is most everything else on that road. Then you have the Ale House/Kobe/Golden Corral which, even though they keep a good crowd, isn't the prettiest building in the world.

I'm just wondering how much is coming down. If it's just Delta that's coming down, I don't see how this beatiful place is going to fit in with the rest of the trash on that road.

Have faith. If you build it, they will come. Perhaps like Disneyland did a couple of years ago, it will lead to a beautification of that whole area. I mean, think about it. If City Mark really does connect to the Prime Outlets, they're not that pretty either.

OMG, I had no idea how big Reunion actually was. Look, it's even worked into the new ramp for 429 and that exit to the north of I-4. Also, look how it straddles ChampionsGate to the SW. amazing.

Regarding Ballari: technically, it would be on I-Drive if the lot its on stretches to the east past Caribe Royale enough to have a dump-off road connecting to I-Drive where it terminates onto 536.

that explains why that road looks so wide. this will be so cool.

In fact, the more I look at it, the more it looks like, that the road depicted in the diagram is a "missing link" extension that connects or will connect I-Drive where it ends at 536 to I-Drive South where it terminates at 535.

Have faith. If you build it, they will come. Perhaps like Disneyland did a couple of years ago, it will lead to a beautification of that whole area. I mean, think about it. If City Mark really does connect to the Prime Outlets, they're not that pretty either.

My fingers are crossed... but I don't see it unless they level that whole block.

A connection to Universal would be nice, too.