Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

^^

LOL.

those cars look dinky from afar byt they're big.  the Eye is larger than it looks.  I think they are installing them opposite each other b/c of their weight.

Regarding the Eye, I thought you would board the cars at least one level up from ground level.  It looks like you board them at ground level.  If true, I think that they should've made it to where you boarded them at least one to two levels up from the ground level.  anyway...

I have always thought this would be a great idea for Orlando, however this ski slope looks like it is outdoors. I don't know what kind of technology/product they are planning here. Has anyone ever heard of anything that simulates snow powder that can be used in the summer?

I have always thought this would be a great idea for Orlando, however this ski slope looks like it is outdoors. I don't know what kind of technology/product they are planning here. Has anyone ever heard of anything that simulates snow powder that can be used in the summer?

Yes, they were talking about it on the news report I saw.

Apparently there are different types of artificial materials that are commonly used by pro & competitive skiers & snowboarders.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry_ski_slope

Looks a little like this place in Dubai.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ski_Dubai

Saw that on the news earlier.

XGAS.jpg

Pretty impressive looking.

Harris Rosen is skeptical.

Based on Osceola County's track record, I give this a 0-1% chance of being built.  ANyone else noticed the Orlando Biz Journal seems a lot more interested in speculative projects that are unlikely to ever be built (this, Skyfall/Skyplex, the "mega mall") versus the actual stuff going on?  Thank god for Bungalower!

Thank god for Bungalower!

I'm really hoping those two new folks get their legs under them.  Bungalower took a big hit when Matt left.  Then again, he probably took a while to get his legs under him and I just don't remember it that way.  I know he said they were really experienced folks with the same sort of background, but it seems to be a lot more fluff and has a lot less bite now.

As someone with virtually no vested interest in most of the areas Bungalower covers, other than getting a bite to eat, my interest was just because it was good reading and it was about a part of my town.  I check it SUBSTANTIALLY less often now.

• Like 1

Well.

The ski ramp was proposed as part of The Blue Rose project at Carrier & Universal back in 2006 as an add in project to that proposal about a year after they started selling units.  This is the first time the ski ramp concept has resurfaced.

The Orlando Eye concept was originally proposed as a stand alone project to go at Westwood & 528 on the back side of the OCCC West Building more or less back in the mid-2000's, and it went nowhere.

So who knows.  Rosen is skeptical and so is Siegel, who owns the land still.

I'm really hoping those two new folks get their legs under them.  Bungalower took a big hit when Matt left.  Then again, he probably took a while to get his legs under him and I just don't remember it that way.  I know he said they were really experienced folks with the same sort of background, but it seems to be a lot more fluff and has a lot less bite now.

As someone with virtually no vested interest in most of the areas Bungalower covers, other than getting a bite to eat, my interest was just because it was good reading and it was about a part of my town.  I check it SUBSTANTIALLY less often now.

Could not agree more.  Look, I understand marketing and that people want fluff like 'I wish this was' and 'Cool Jobs' and the site wants that because it gets clicks, but I only care about in-depth coverage of development and such.

I skim once-a-week now and only read one article or two.  Basically I need to go back to reading MPB reports.

• Like 1

They need to include a surfing wave machine.

There was one planned for the I-Drive area a few years ago, but it never materialized.

I'm pretty sure something like that would be a gold mine for whoever built it.

Not sure if you knew this already, but Typhoon Lagoon's wave pool creates surfable waves...bigger than the ones it creates by day. It is rentable for groups after hours and Disney runs their own surf classes. If they did one for this new park, they'd probably operate it in a similar fashion...before and after park hours for surfers.

Snowflex

Google it and youtube it. Very viable and proven