Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

I saw this in an Orlando Sentinel post on Facebook. Unfortunately, it's behind some kind of paywall that my regular subscription won't let me access. :ermm:  I can't tell much from the map on the preview image, but the URL suggests it'll front Universal Bvld.

Land for the next anchor hotel for the Orange County (Fla) Convention Center will be marketed as soon as Monday to major hotel chains and developers. Estimated price? $52 million.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/growthspotter/news/gs-universal-boulevard-land-planned-for-large-hotel-20150528-story.html

In chrome, put cache: in front of the URL. North side of convention way/universal intersection, 5 star hotel if all goes as planned.

Edited by aent

Pedestrian bridges are not inherently pedestrian un-friendly even if they are used due to the failure at street level.  This is even true in some of the most urban cities on the planet. 

Case in point: Paris, Arc de Triomphe

Just try to access the Arc de Triomphe by crossing Place Charles de Gaulle.  The safer access are the tunnels beneath the street into the Metro.

Paris-Arc-de-Triomphe001.jpg

A ped bridge that is also part of the Little Econ trail would be fine. It would get great use by cyclists so that when when no pedestrians use it, it won't be a total loss.

Anything else is just an expensive way to clear the conscience of drivers and county planners that choose speed over anything else

• 2 weeks later...

All I know is that I wouldn't want to stay in one of the rooms directly below that giant rooftop pool!!!

Screenshot_2015_06_17_08_53_40.jpg

Love the way they figured out how to make the ends of that wave stand up straight above the sides of the pool without sloshing over. Must be some new technology.

And BTW, what is that dude on the wave "hangin" anyway? Looks like he's standing at attention & about to go in face first.

Nice looking project, though.

Where was all this stuff when I was in my twenties, dammit????

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In 2022 they're still going to be adding to this thing and assuring us that groundbreaking is imminent.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Mango's isn't even done yet.

The Mango's parking deck with rooftop restaurant hasn't even broken ground yet (although the Walgreens was razed).  In fact, David Seigel took a page out of their book and built a parking deck of his own with rooftop restaurant and the thing is already DONE!  No restaurant over there yet, though.