Other Metro Area Projects

accatt2204

a friend of mine went to look at a condo conversion called seranatta on metro west blvd.......$360,000 for a 1400 sq. foot two bedroom 3 story Claustrophobic townhome.....we thought it was ridiculously overpriced.......any insite?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, Mosaic at Millenia (conversion across from the mall)...their 2BR's are going for between 240K and 300K. Talk about overpriced. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the six story (roughly) shell that is being consonstructed at cranes roost. I am assuming that the development next to I-4 is the Emerson condos and that the building in question is a part of this Altamonte town center that I keep reading about. In any case it is very unproportional looking.

The shell of a building across the lake from I-4 is supposed to be a seven story upscale apartment building from the original plans. It looks very out of place right now, but when the other buildings for the town center fill in, it all works to create a dense looking group of buildings. Because of the slope of the land towards the lake the buildings closer to S.R. 436 will be two stories and as you get closer to the lake they increase in height to seven stories while keeping approximately the same roof line.

The building going up right next to I-4 is the first of seven proposed 12 story condo buildings from Emerson.

The build out around Cranes Roost will be one of those 10 year plan things, but when finished should have 14 buildings between 7 and 18 stories. The town center should be done in about a year though. :)

Not much in the way of details yet, but a group called Lakeside LLC just anounced another condo project in Altamonte Springs around Cranes Roost. $50,000,000 project of two towers with 236 units priced from $350,000 to $1,000,000. Not revealing how many stories yet, but figure it should be 7 to 12? It's called Park Towers at Uptown Altamonte and should breakground in February 2006. :)

Edited by facilities man

its amazing how altamonte is quickly morphing into something more desireable than it has been. It's such a pain b/c of 436 traffic.

can they make an I-4 ramp at central parkway overpass, or is it too close to 436? If they could do that, it would really help with traffic on 436. Also, a Wymore exit perhaps as an alternate route for residents who now have to go to 436 & Wymore/Douglass to get home.

its amazing how altamonte is quickly morphing into something more desireable than it has been.  It's such a pain b/c of 436 traffic.

can they make an I-4 ramp at central parkway overpass, or is it too close to 436?  If they could do that, it would really help with traffic on 436.  Also, a Wymore exit perhaps as an alternate route for residents who now have to go to 436 & Wymore/Douglass to get home.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

IMO they need to rebuild the 436 i-4 interchange. There are too many lights. At an interchange that big you shouldn't have to wait in left turn lanes ... it all should be fly-overs with no lights.

I agree, the interchange at 436 and I-4 should be some type of flyover or cloverleaf. That would take care of a lot of the tie ups, but I don't think there is enough room. Altamonte also has a hardscape and landscaping project planned for the intersection. The plan is to make it look like the interchange for mall at millenia. They received some resistance from DOT though about putting up an Altamonte Springs sign like the Orlando sign and also building towers on the corners of the bridge. It will still probably happen, but with lower towers on the bridge corners.

I think the Central Parkway overpass is too close to both 436 and 434 to be considered for another ramp.

I drive by there almost everyday, there's five swing cranes working on projects now. It looks very busy.

A Single Point Urban Interchange would do the trick here... for an explanation, see here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I saw a lot of these in Dallas a few years ago. They have them on the North Dallas tollway in areas where it appears there was trouble fitting in interchanges. It is a little confusing the first time you use one, but they work very well.

I had actually emailed FL DOT about the I-4/436 interchange a couple months back becasue I didn't see any mention of it in any of the I-4 plans. I'll cut and paste the response I got...

Thank you for contacting the Trans4mation Public Office concerning the SR 436 and I-4 interchange. The Florida Department of Transportation has included plans to reconfigure this interchange during the widening of I-4. This interchange modification has already been approved by METROPLAN ORLANDO, and Federal Highway Administration. An environmental and design study phase has already been completed and the engineering design will begin later this summer. Due to the length of the on and off ramps, this redesign will be part of the widening from south of the Wymore Road overpass to Central Parkway. The construction for this project may start as early as 2008, along with the widening of I-4 from Kirkman Road to the rest areas in Longwood.

Jim Martin

Public Information Professional

... unfortunately, no details on what the configuration may be.

For FDOT a 2008 start is just around the corner.  They are typically working plans out 15 years or so.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True, I guess 2008 isn't so bad in "government years". But this interchange is such a mess as is, and only figures to get worse as the town center starts opening up and what not, it's scary to think what it will be like in the next few years.

At least there's a plan, though.

The Langford in Winter Park has updated their website and is under construction. This sits beside the new Regent Orlando in Winter Park on Interlachen. Website: The Langford

Also, the Copley Square project on Michigan is well underway (finally), though the website hasn't been updated it seems (in years). Website: Copley Square

Edited by prahaboheme

I think we know everything going in at church Pine & Eola and I didn't know any were called Inverlad. West of Eola between church and Pine is the Sanctuary (almost complete). East of Eola between church and Pine is one of the two 12 story a 205 S Eola. I don't have a name for them but are 12 and not 10 stories I believe. Then there is the yet to be named "Thornton Commons" on SW corner of church and eola (about 20 stories) and building two of the 205 S 12-story complex.

One of the 2 Ivanhoe towers was once called the Inverlad, but that got dropped and the whole thing is now refered to a the Ivanhoe. And thats on N. Orange. So simply put; no I don't know anything about it.

I think we know everything going in at church Pine & Eola and I didn't know any were called Inverlad.  West of Eola between church and Pine is the Sanctuary (almost complete).  East of Eola between church and Pine is one of the two 12 story a 205 S Eola.  I don't have a name for them but are 12 and not 10 stories I believe.  Then there is the yet to be named "Thornton Commons" on SW corner of church and eola (about 20 stories) and building two of the 205 S 12-story complex. 

One of the 2 Ivanhoe towers was once called the Inverlad, but that got dropped and the whole thing is now refered to a the Ivanhoe.  And thats on N. Orange.  So simply put; no I don't know anything about it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Inverlad is the company. They are doing the 205 S. Eola project.

If anyone saw the update of Citymark at Orlando on the OrlandoSkyscrapers page... did you go to EB Developers page?

http://www.ebdevelopers.com/cityMark.htm#

There's one new rendering with an 'Aquarium' in the foreground. Could this indeed be the Ripley's Aquarium in Orlando? (It's the glass building with a cylindrical entrance) Of course it's only conceptual, but hey... why not?

Edited by WeNeed2Progress