Other Metro Area Projects

accatt2204

On 4/24/2017 at 6:44 PM, jrs2 said:

Here's an article on the apt bldg going up at Ravaudage.  it's 7 stories.

http://www.orangeobserver.com/article/massive-winter-park-ravaudage-project-moving-again

Kind of a crazy mix coming to Ravaudage:

• 7-story, 268-unit apartment building with 480 parking spaces
  • 6-story, 507-space parking garage with 10k sq ft retail and 80 office suites OR 110 hotel rooms
  • 4-story, 503-unit self-storage facility with 12k sq ft retail and 11 apartments on top
  • 5-story, 278-unit apartment complex 

I like the height and density, but how urban will it look/feel with that much parking and a public-storage-apartments combo? 

• Like 1

On 4/26/2017 at 9:15 AM, alex said:

Kind of a crazy mix coming to Ravaudage:

• 7-story, 268-unit apartment building with 480 parking spaces
  • 6-story, 507-space parking garage with 10k sq ft retail and 80 office suites OR 110 hotel rooms
  • 4-story, 503-unit self-storage facility with 12k sq ft retail and 11 apartments on top
  • 5-story, 278-unit apartment complex 

I like the height and density, but how urban will it look/feel with that much parking and a public-storage-apartments combo? 

The parking, I'm pretty sure, is in the form of parking garages.  These projects are like the ones up in Maitland u/c right now.  right?

I bet you're right. It sounds like the garages will be integrated or wrapped. I guess I was visualizing the "urbanism light" of Lake Nona, where it's a big garage surrounded by individual parcels. Still curious about the storage mixed-use building... Surprised they haven't released a new master plan with all these planned projects. 

3 hours ago, alex said:

I bet you're right. It sounds like the garages will be integrated or wrapped. I guess I was visualizing the "urbanism light" of Lake Nona, where it's a big garage surrounded by individual parcels. Still curious about the storage mixed-use building... Surprised they haven't released a new master plan with all these planned projects. 

From the renderings I saw, I believe that are all a wrap product. 

The Orlando Sentinel is reporting the possibility of a major Amazon warehouse on Boggy Creek Rd south of OIA. That will make delivery even quicker and catch us up with Tampa, Miami and Jax among other cities.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/classified/realestate/os-bz-amazon-lake-nona-20170501-story.html

If the new retail paradigm is delivery over big boxes and malls, I want us to be on the cutting edge.

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

I just received a text that the Orlando Sentinel is reporting the possibility of a major Amazon warehouse on Boggy Creek Rd south of OIA. That will make delivery even quicker and catch us up with Tampa, Miami and Jax among other cities. I'll try to post a link once I am around a PC if no one else does first. If the new retail paradigm is delivery over big boxes and malls, I want us to be on the cutting edge.

They are opening a pretty large presence on the UCF campus now.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, aent said:

Amazon? What are they doing?

Just happened by coincidence to take a picture today of this project. The space has been empty for a long time so this is great to see something finally going in.

51535317578__CF7C3FFF-DDBB-472C-A9B1-6F508A7828D8.JPG

• Like 2

I was excited for them but haven't haven't used them myself.   I have a professional job that allows for me to get a delivery here and there and the USPS and UPS are both very close by.   FedEx too now that I think about it.  

I don't have any problem with the UPS and FedEx drivers or USPS. As Amazon switches over to their own logistics, it has been more of a problem to have stuff left at my door so I thought about using the lockers but they're no longer particularly convenient to Thornton Park.

15 hours ago, aent said:

Amazon? What are they doing?

As pictured they are opening the package pickup place but rumor is they are also going to take over UCF bookstore. They have been opening college bookstores all over the country and see getting college students hooked on Prime as their long term strategy. It makes sense, I've had Prime since college and could never give it up now.

21 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

The Orlando Sentinel is reporting the possibility of a major Amazon warehouse on Boggy Creek Rd south of OIA. That will make delivery even quicker and catch us up with Tampa, Miami and Jax among other cities.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/classified/realestate/os-bz-amazon-lake-nona-20170501-story.html

If the new retail paradigm is delivery over big boxes and malls, I want us to be on the cutting edge.

BRING ON THE DRONES!!!!!!

• Like 1

^^

Yeah, but Best Buy will price match Amazon to stay competitive on most things.  Also, Best Buy will take it back with no restocking fee that Amazon charges on some returns.  So, as long as companies do this, I don't think Amazon will be that much of a threat to retail stores, especially when stores have sales that beat Amazon at times.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2017 at 5:05 PM, spenser1058 said:

I haven't been in the area in ages, but what's the status of Boggy Creek Road there? Last year there was a meeting about widening it up to Wetherbee but I don't know what came of it. It would be ideal for the whole thing between the 528 and 417 to be 4 lanes instead of the 2 it is right now. Maybe widen it to Simpson Road and beyond while they're at it. If Amazon is indeed going to build a warehouse maybe this could put pressure on the county to widen Boggy Creek Road.

9 hours ago, popsiclebrandon said:

As pictured they are opening the package pickup place but rumor is they are also going to take over UCF bookstore. They have been opening college bookstores all over the country and see getting college students hooked on Prime as their long term strategy. It makes sense, I've had Prime since college and could never give it up now.

pretty cool thx for the pic

Based on the list of proposed projects (4 to 7 stories) and their original plans (below), I think they're still going for quite urban. Obviously the site plans are outdated, but should still give us an idea of their vision. Given their efforts, what got built across the street is pretty disappointing... 

Old site plan: https://issuu.com/hgor/docs/ravaudage-page-one 

1934709_1351372988221587_5563577223522725824_n.jpg.fcaf2733557d3c40a445de8e1740efed.jpg

48 minutes ago, alex said:

Based on the list of proposed projects (4 to 7 stories) and their original plans (below), I think they're still going for quite urban. Obviously the site plans are outdated, but should still give us an idea of their vision. Given their efforts, what got built across the street is pretty disappointing... 

Old site plan: https://issuu.com/hgor/docs/ravaudage-page-one 

1934709_1351372988221587_5563577223522725824_n.jpg.fcaf2733557d3c40a445de8e1740efed.jpg

If anyone knows the Miami area - it almost looks like they are trying to make this a "Downtown Dadeland" type area. Would be cool to have. 

• 2 weeks later...