Other Metro Area Projects

accatt2204

Colonial Town Center Sets Record Price For Sale

From the Sentinel:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/classified/realestate/os-bz-colonial-center-lake-mary-20170518-story,amp.html

This is interesting because it shows just how well the 'burbs are doing. The list of tenants is also a who's who of folks it would be great downtown but don't.

Amazed too.   I believe it's owned by Demeter who owns a lot of the area.   The positive is that with the shift to more urbanesque design all around it, we may end up with a better project than if it had been redeveloped a decade ago.

5 hours ago, Jernigan said:

Amazed too.   I believe it's owned by Demeter who owns a lot of the area.   The positive is that with the shift to more urbanesque design all around it, we may end up with a better project than if it had been redeveloped a decade ago.

Good point!

On 5/20/2017 at 4:06 PM, Dale said:

Alafaya @ University: can't believe that -- after years -- the SW corner is still undeveloped.

Is it environmental issues because it was a gas station ?

Didn't the county buy it to widen the intersection?   I thought they were planning on putting a Pond there.

Earlier this year, the owner of the Majesty Building said that he expects the building to be completed this year. He has now confirmed again, that this will be completed and he is now saying it will be completed by Thanksgiving.

http://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2017/05/05/very-optimistic-i-4-eyesore-owner-says-building-will-be-completed-by-thanksgiving

On May 27, 2017 at 9:44 AM, JFW657 said:

Not bad....

west-elevation.jpg

south-elevation.jpg

Not sure if I like that big pyramid thing on the corner though.

Looks kinda modern and gimmicky.

I hate to draw comparisons to WP and WG, but it is hard to ignore the difference in quality we are seeing in the proposals for those two cities compared with the others in the metro. 

The density of the project is admirable - let's hope the city will force the developers to clean up the design.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

Things are apparently moving beachside in Daytona again with the opening later this year of the fourth Florida Hard Rock Hotel.

From Orlando Weekly:

http://m.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2017/06/14/hard-rock-international-plans-new-hotel-in-daytona-beach

That's interesting considering there are talks of moving Hard Rock's Orlando (Metro West) headquarters to Hollywood, FL. But the new hotel there makes sense considering all the One Daytona / International Speedway developments. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, alex said:

That's interesting considering there are talks of moving Hard Rock's Orlando (Metro West) headquarters to Hollywood, FL. But the new hotel there makes sense considering all the One Daytona / International Speedway developments. 

I do a lot of business with Hard Rock. I was not happy to see them leaving Orlando. 

5 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Things are apparently moving beachside in Daytona again with the opening later this year of the fourth Florida Hard Rock Hotel.

From Orlando Weekly:

http://m.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2017/06/14/hard-rock-international-plans-new-hotel-in-daytona-beach

OMG.  I was about to say who is smoking the crack pipe, since the Hard Rock in Daytona never even broke ground 3 years ago when it was supposed to.  It was to go somewhere near 701 South A1A.\; just north or just south of it.

However, I was shocked to see from the article that the Hard Rock Hotel, as pictured, is, what was supposed to be the Westin Hotel, a redo of the former and gutted Desert Inn Hotel.  This has been an embattled property for the past few years; former owner drama, and Westin's inability to get exclusive waterfront (no driving) from the City or County.

I had no idea that Hard Rock took over this project, and I just drove by it an hour ago.  I will tell you that there are ZERO signs anywhere stating what it's being redeveloped into.; just GC signs.

• Like 1

I thought it looked awfully familiar. Yes, the drama at the Desert Inn was worthy of a telenovela and I'm glad to see it restored to its, well, if not glory, at least its preeminence of the '60's-'70's oceanfront hotels. It makes me feel better after reading recently that one of the last boardwalk operators is likely to go under soon.

Thanks very much for this update.

• Like 1