Other Metro Area Projects

accatt2204

LOL, I hear you JFW. I am poor, so I am used to living in loud crap apartments and strip mall hell. I look on the bright side though, and the glass is over half full on this location IMO. I hope they price it in an affordable range. I would definitely look at it! (Doubtful given 3 story units and 2 car garages). 

Edited by dcluley98

1 hour ago, popsiclebrandon said:

I don't expect the food hall to happen, at least with that group running it.

Well this was an easy one to call.

http://tastychomps.com/2017/11/press-release-spindrift-concepts-food-hall-team-steps-back-from-maitland-city-centre-project.html

From the linked article: "Recently Maitland has been exploding with new development activity with many new projects hitting the market at the same time. Given the current landscape of upcoming restaurant and retailers, the Spindrift Food Hall team had to reconsider the sustainability of the project due to oversaturation."

So, how many years was that project delayed by battles with the local NIMBYS griping about a couple of floors of building height, redesigns, etc, etc? 

Duringwhich time a viable market for a dining concept disappeared.

Way to go Maitland crybabies.

20 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

From the linked article: "Recently Maitland has been exploding with new development activity with many new projects hitting the market at the same time. Given the current landscape of upcoming restaurant and retailers, the Spindrift Food Hall team had to reconsider the sustainability of the project due to oversaturation."

So, how many years was that project delayed by battles with the local NIMBYS griping about a couple of floors of building height, redesigns, etc, etc? 

Duringwhich time a viable market for a dining concept disappeared.

Way to go Maitland crybabies.

That isn't the real season they aren't doing it. Only new restaurants in the area has been Luke's and Teak.

The rocket that can return the US to the manned space ranks, Falcon Heavy from SpaceX, finally has a launch date in January. Best of all for us, it's blasting off from KSC. 

We may not get Amazon,s HQ2 but we're still one of the few places on earth where you can head into space.

http://orlando-rising.com/spacex-finally-sets-maiden-launch-falcon-heavy-january/

From Orlando Rising

(Speaking of Amazon, Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin has a launch coming up also. Watch for Spaceport FL to be abuzz throughout 2018. That also bodes well for a resurgence of Space Coast tourism.)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A reminder from Orlando Weekly that God's Skyscraper in Altamonte was promised to be completed by Thanksgiving, certainly no later than today. No doubt we can see it right along with I-Drive's 7-star resort and our Maglev....

https://m.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2017/05/05/very-optimistic-i-4-eyesore-owner-says-building-will-be-completed-by-thanksgiving

27 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

A reminder from Orlando Weekly that God's Skyscraper in Altamonte was promised to be completed by Thanksgiving, certainly no later than today. No doubt we can see it right along with I-Drive's 7-star resort and our Maglev....

https://m.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2017/05/05/very-optimistic-i-4-eyesore-owner-says-building-will-be-completed-by-thanksgiving

The owner said the exterior will be completed by January 23rd and then the interior will take about 6 months to complete. I drove by about a month ago and I can confirm that more construction happened and they were almost finished with the parking garage.

Edited by orange87

21 minutes ago, orange87 said:

The owner said the exterior will be completed by January 23rd and then the interior will take about 6 months to complete. I drove by about a month ago and I can confirm that more construction happened and they were almost finished with the parking garage.

That's definitely consistent. The article above was from May and he was predicting completion by Thanksgiving, which was... six months later! 

• 2 weeks later...

Mix of modern townhomes, commercial condos planned at FL Turnpike in Ocoee

http://www.growthspotter.com/news/ocoee-developments/gs-brazilian-developer-prepares-townhomes-and-commercial-condos-in-ocoee-20180111-story.html#nt=oft03a-1la1

900x506

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The picture is showing something urban...but we know when it actually get built...it will be.....

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 6:05 PM, spenser1058 said:

The rocket that can return the US to the manned space ranks, Falcon Heavy from SpaceX, finally has a launch date in January. Best of all for us, it's blasting off from KSC. 

We may not get Amazon,s HQ2 but we're still one of the few places on earth where you can head into space.

http://orlando-rising.com/spacex-finally-sets-maiden-launch-falcon-heavy-january/

From Orlando Rising

(Speaking of Amazon, Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin has a launch coming up also. Watch for Spaceport FL to be abuzz throughout 2018. That also bodes well for a resurgence of Space Coast tourism.)

One of the things I miss about Central Florida. *sighs*

I couldn't decide whether to put this in Other Metro Area Projects or the old Colony Plaza thread, but then I found that the old thread is archived and closed so the decision was made for me.

Just saw this on the news and being reported in OBJ as well.

From OBJ:

Bedraggled former Colony Plaza hotel site's legal battle may come to end — finally.   (link)

A long legal battle involving the site of a demolished condo hotel in Ocoee soon may come to an end — nearly a decade later.

A new ownership group, Maguire 50 West LLC — an entity of Orlando-based Boyd Development Co., which is developing the $1 billion mixed-use Hamlin community in west Orange County — will pay a lien of $1.1 million in 60 days and begin redeveloping the 12-acre site.

That agreement is up for a vote by the city of Ocoee commission and its community redevelopment agency at a Jan. 16 meeting.

The first phase — 14,822 square feet of planned shops and eateries — will be completed by Dec. 31. It's unknown who is on the development team at the moment.

Future phases will be completed in the next few years and the 12-acre site could have as much as 67,000 square feet of new retail, restaurants, a grocer — and possibly a new hotel.

Chris Savino, president of Orlando-based Equity Investment Services Inc., which is developing and handling leasing of the nearby $4 million, 10,365-square-foot Maguire Plaza shopping center at the northeast corner of Maguire Road and West Colonial Drive, said revitalization of that site across the street from his project can only be a good thing.

"If you look at the corner, it's really changed so much," Savino told Orlando Business Journal. "The retail center we're doing will be done at the end of February. The Starbucks is open there — it's doing really well. The road widening project is ongoing, it'll be done this year. I just think there is a lot of revitalization to that intersection. There is not a lot of casual dining, other than Winter Garden Village. People are excited about new options and new places to go."

• Like 1