Other Metro Area Projects

accatt2204

So the Kissimmee Landing project goes to a vote Tuesday night. This should be interesting, especially after a staged protest last Saturday that drew in 200 people. I sent in an email in favor of the project, lets hope these marons don't kill it. Its seriously the only hope for downtown Kissimmee.

Edited by prahaboheme

Kissimmee bows to outcry, kills lakefront plan

Susan Jacobson | Sentinel Staff Writer

Posted October 19, 2005

KISSIMMEE -- Condominiums aren't coming to the city's lakefront after all.

Responding to an outcry from about 200 people who packed City Commission chambers Tuesday night -- including some 30 who picketed outside before the meeting -- commissioners put the kibosh on a plan to redevelop Kissimmee's lakefront.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/...-home-headlines

• 3 weeks later...

A new stadium sucks, when they can save the 45 mil for something else like maybe hire some more professional & respectable professors that actually care about teaching.

I don't know what program you're in or what professors you've had, but despite UCF's relatively low salaries, I've had professors whom are both respectful and care about teaching. I've spoken with a few outside the classroom and they are a bit discouraged at how the University treats them, however they are passionate about what they teach. Hell, I've even had a professor who preferred her UCF students over her Rollins students. C'mon, have you been in the modules? They're shameful for a University!It's only a matter of how much the school appreciates their professors. Perhaps what you mean is that they (the University) should reroute their resources to show their appreciation of the lifeblood of the school-- the professors.

However, being my own Devil's advocate, I understand that the University (unfortunately) is indeed a business and sports are what drive the University's business to improve other aspects (i.e. salary) of the professors.

Edited by WeNeed2Progress

I can't say I'm really sympathic to the city that UCF will be pulling out of the Citrus Bowl, especially after the city and county basically shut UCF out of the PAC deal. Idiots. A new stadium is good for UCF, physically bringing the campus together and provding its students with a better experience overall.

I don't know what program you're in or what professors you've had, but despite UCF's relatively low salaries, I've had professors whom are both respectful and care about teaching.

I think they Professor are over paid for what they did. I got my master degree at UCF and bachelor at UF. I do not know which college you attended but college of engineering (UCF) professor are very weak from my experience. So, Go Gators!! and Magic!!

I think they Professor are over paid for what they did. I got my master degree at UCF and bachelor at UF. I do not know which college you attended but college of engineering (UCF) professor are very weak from my experience. So, Go Gators!! and Magic!!

Then maybe so for the College of Engineering, but the professors in Mass Comm., English ;) , Judaic Studies, Anthropology, Psychology, etc. that I've had have been wonderful. Most of them at least have been, I've had one or two that were lacking that certain... yea.

Those are common subjects and is easy to get good professors.

VA boosts plans for hospital, seeks site

UCF, International Corporate Park and the Lake Nona area are possible locations.

David Damron | Sentinel Staff Writer

Posted November 11, 2005

The location of Orlando's long-sought Veterans Affairs hospital is up for grabs again, with three sites in east Orange County gunning for the health complex.

And the project is getting bigger.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/...-home-headlines

With all these deveelopment in Lake Nona, would it become an urban centre or it will just be another sprawlville?

I live right by Lake Nona. It will be sprawlville. It is in the middle of now where and it takes forever to get any where. But, it is quiet!