Other Metro Area Projects

accatt2204

On 7/20/2018 at 3:09 PM, jrs2 said:

Megastrom's 2nd office building between Municipal Drive & Kirkman Rd. and the larger than I expected parking structure for both buildings.

20180719_211403.jpg

20180719_211440.jpg

20180719_211522.jpg

I believe that the parking structure is for all the planned buildings, isn't it? I think there are two or three more buildings planned for the property and maybe one more parking garage. I recall seeing a site plan awhile ago but IDK where or when that was. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There's still a big lot next door for more buildings. Truthfully, it's going to be a nightmare traffic-wise if they add more buildings. 

With the Alliance office park close to full and the folks working at EBG in addition to these new buildings, traffic has gotten to be a pain (especially the light at I-Drive and Grand National.) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, klstorey said:

I believe that the parking structure is for all the planned buildings, isn't it? I think there are two or three more buildings planned for the property and maybe one more parking garage. I recall seeing a site plan awhile ago but IDK where or when that was. 

Full build out is 2 more buildings and 1 more parking garage.  Basically mirroring the same design on the other half of the lot, but working around the retention pond.

2 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

There's still a big lot next door for more buildings. Truthfully, it's going to be a nightmare traffic-wise if they add more buildings. 

With the Alliance office park close to full and the folks working at EBG in addition to these new buildings, traffic has gotten to be a pain (especially the light at I-Drive and Grand National.) 

It's already a nightmare at 4-6PM.  You have the thousands of Lockheed office workers trying to get on I-4, and the thousands of Disney office workers trying to get on I-4.  And both complexes will have another office building running by end of next year (Kirkman Pointe is scheduled before November, and I believe Lockheed's building is supposed to be done next summer).  The Grand National Express interchange can't open soon enough.... and it won't until 2021 most likely.

• Like 3

FYI, I drove by the PRISA Group dual branded Marriott at Millennia Sunday afternoon and the parking lot was 2/3 full.  I defacate you not...  I was surprised at how busy it was.

Good news, because now they can focus on their proposed hotel at I-Drive 360 where McFadden’s is.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Will Orange County's first "agrihood" be approved? Is it possible to draw the line for sprawl at the Econ?

Developer undaunted by legal challenge, confident east Orange 'agrihood' will succeed
http://bit.ly/2mvwpQU

From the Sentinel

"Saathoff said he isn’t fretting about the looming legal challenge because he expects an appellate panel ultimately will uphold a March decision by Gov. Rick Scott and the Cabinet to overturn an administrative law judge’s ruling that Orange County broke its own growth rules in approving the development.

Scott, Attorney General Pam Bondi, Agriculture Commissioner Adam Putnam and Chief Financial Officer Jimmy Patronis determined that county commissioners could interpret the growth plan as they saw fit."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If that bag of snakes is behind it, I don't trust it for a minute.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

"Saathoff said he isn’t fretting about the looming legal challenge because he expects an appellate panel ultimately will uphold a March decision by Gov. Rick Scott and the Cabinet to overturn an administrative law judge’s ruling that Orange County broke its own growth rules in approving the development.

Scott, Attorney General Pam Bondi, Agriculture Commissioner Adam Putnam and Chief Financial Officer Jimmy Patronis determined that county commissioners could interpret the growth plan as they saw fit."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If that bag of snakes is behind it, I don't trust it for a minute.

I agree completely. They've spent the last 20 years in Tallahassee dismantling the growth management statutes Florida was a leader in enacting.

The pic in the story was taken at the UCF crew team's boathouse. When I rowed for them back in '85 and '86, Lake Pickett was one of the most peaceful places in the world to be at 6am (even if we were freezing our tuckeses off wading into the water to get in our boat.) I sure hate to lose that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, orange87 said:

you know, I saw those lights last Sunday but I wasn't sure if it was new or not. 

This damn thing has been in it's present state since BEFORE the building boom.  Shameful.  For all the reasons I defended the church in Parramore for not wanting to sell, throw that argument completely out the window when dealing with these people.  They have kept this pseudo eye sore in it's current state solely to collect more and more donations the past 15 years from people watching their show(s) on Superchannel 55 or whatever.  They could've had major tenants in there the past 12 years which could've been a major catalyst to attract more business to the immediate area.  Instead, this became a black eye on office development in the vicinity.  I know for a fact...they would market this building's incompleteness to get more and more donations on their show(s).  It's like the Iraq War...it just dragged on and on b/c it benefited the deep pockets in doing so. 

Rant complete.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

you know, I saw those lights last Sunday but I wasn't sure if it was new or not. 

This damn thing has been in it's present state since BEFORE the building boom.  Shameful.  For all the reasons I defended the church in Parramore for not wanting to sell, throw that argument completely out the window when dealing with these people.  They have kept this pseudo eye sore in it's current state solely to collect more and more donations the past 15 years from people watching their show(s) on Superchannel 55 or whatever.  They could've had major tenants in there the past 12 years which could've been a major catalyst to attract more business to the immediate area.  Instead, this became a black eye on office development in the vicinity.  I know for a fact...they would market this building's incompleteness to get more and more donations on their show(s).  It's like the Iraq War...it just dragged on and on b/c it benefited the deep pockets in doing so. 

Rant complete.

They've actually made a lot of progress in the last several months. It looks like they're almost done now.

Edited by orange87

21 minutes ago, orange87 said:

They've actually made a lot of progress in the last several months. It looks like they're almost done now.

Yeah, long gone are the days it actually was an eyesore... the completed exterior looks pretty good in my eyes. Not like before the glass was finished.

1 minute ago, aent said:

Yeah, long gone are the days it actually was an eyesore... the completed exterior looks pretty good in my eyes. Not like before the glass was finished.

True. It could also maybe have been said it was an eyesore when the garage was unfinished, but even that's basically finished now. The exterior looks almost completely finished now, and with the lights it appears they've made progress on the interior now.

31 minutes ago, orange87 said:

I've noticed a separate parking deck on it's east side around 4-5 levels that's been built.  I'm not sure if it's part of their project or a future adjacent project.  And, the "garage" that faces I-4 has gone up 3 levels or so.  And there is that steel structure above part of it on the NW side.  I think there's something on the south façade too- not sure.  It's tough to take a pic b/c I-4 is so treacherous in that section, ya know.  I need a wingman...I need  Goose!

59 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

I've noticed a separate parking deck on it's east side around 4-5 levels that's been built.  I'm not sure if it's part of their project or a future adjacent project. 

I forgot what it's called, but I believe it's another project. It was discussed on here a little while back, but I don't remember what it is. I think maybe an office building. Does anyone remember?

Edited by orange87

So, that church in Winter Park off of I-4 between Par & Minnesota...a few months ago they sold off part of their parking lot...well, now there's a construction wall up and they've got a construction trailer on site for that apartment building they're going to build.  It borders Harmon & Clay to the west and south.  I haven't seen a design yet, but it should be similar to The Ivy near FH South.  This will of course be very visible from I-4, as is The Ivy.

But, there also have a construction wall up at Par & I-4 where they demoed a medical office on the north side of Par and west of Shell.  There is also another parcel north of there and south of the above referenced construction site cordoned off as well.  There may be multiple projects u/c.

Edited by jrs2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jrs2 said:

So, that church in Winter Park off of I-4 between Par & Minnesota...a few months ago they sold off part of their parking lot...well, now there's a construction wall up and they've got a construction trailer on site for that apartment building they're going to build.  It borders Harmon & Clay to the west and south.  I haven't seen a design yet, but it should be similar to The Ivy near FH South.  This will of course be very visible from I-4, as is The Ivy.

But, there also have a construction wall up at Par & I-4 where they demoed a medical office on the north side of Par and west of Shell.  There is also another parcel north of there and south of the above referenced construction site cordoned off as well.  There may be multiple projects u/c.

Is this Calvary ? They've been threatening to do something for a decade now.

28 minutes ago, Dale said:

Is this Calvary ? They've been threatening to do something for a decade now.

the big glass/mirror bldg.?  if so, yes. 

In the words of Christina Applegate from Married with Children:  "It's the building with the big "T" on it."

42 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

the big glass/mirror bldg.?  if so, yes. 

In the words of Christina Applegate from Married with Children:  "It's the building with the big "T" on it."

That's it! Went to a concert there years ago. They had splashy renderings everywhere.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seminole County commissioners hold the line on Econ development (great job!) Meanwhile, legendary Bad Boy Chris Dorworth (he's filling in for the late Doug Guetzloe as the top contestant of Most Scumworthy Political Type in the metro) is vowing to appeal:

Seminole commissioners unanimously reject controversial River Cross project
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-seminole-county-river-cross-vote-20180814-story.html

From the Sentinel

• Like 3