Other Metro Area Projects

accatt2204

Are you kidding me???

I think this project is unbelievable in it's ability to partially hide the parking behind the stores in the retail area, and the high rise condos have integrated parking garages. This project is nothing like Waterford Lakes. This is like building a downtown. There will be about 15 high rises and another half dozen mid-rise buildings.

This is vertical in-fill, not more sprawl.

Is it infill? What is there right now? This isn't necessarily a bad thing. Over time, if this takes off, those parking lots could become quite valuable land for further infill.

I can't tell if it takes the 7-eleven out or not I think its behind it.

So it fronts 535?

Is it infill? What is there right now? This isn't necessarily a bad thing. Over time, if this takes off, those parking lots could become quite valuable land for further infill.

An old single level 1980's plaza and some two story condo's dating back to the 70's were knocked down to make room for the new buildings.

S.M.O.G. for Orange County. I love the design too. This looks way more massive than CityPlace, Blue Rose, Or City Mark. Is this for real?

I do know that Amon Investments was prominantly featured, in a special insert, in the latest issue of Florida Trend. So apparently they're no fly-by-night operation.

Isn't it amazing what can be built when you don't have an Orlando Executive Airport to spoil all the fun? <_<

Imagine all of these being built in Orange County, this, plus City Mark, plus the Blue Rose and everything else, (are they still going to built the Peabody addition?) it would really put the Orlando metro area in a class all its own nationally, and in my opinion vault it to the #2 position for skyscrapers in Florida. 2nd to Miami, of course. :D

On the other hand, this could easily cause tension between the Lake Buena Vista/I-Drive area and downtown Orlando. As in, luring people away from the city core to the theme park areas. Like it's always been.

this thing looks like it fronts 536 (where Marriott World Ctr. is). It looks like it will be bordered by 536 (to the north) and 535 (to the west); it also looks like the road depicted in the rendering might be an extension of I-Drive South which currently terminates at 535, making the orientation of the parcel in the picture like this: west to the left, south (our vantage point), and north beyond the towere as is Caribe Royale. The western boundary of the parcel in the pict should be 535's easement.

Citymark, Blue Rose, Aqua, Balari. fascinating indeed.

Peabody should still be a go. Last I heard, they said November 05 groundbreaking.

Trying to visualize, is this immediately southwest of Gaylord ?

No... it's east of Gaylord, and about a mile and a half away. It would be behind a SuperTarget and such fronted by 192 at least that's where I'm guessing. I'm surprised that Kissimmee residents haven't been waiting vigil near the property with pitchforks, torches and bibles.

Edited by WeNeed2Progress

No... it's east of Gaylord, and about a mile and a half away. It would be behind a SuperTarget and such fronted by 192 at least that's where I'm guessing. I'm surprised that Kissimmee residents haven't been waiting vigil near the property with pitchforks, torches and bibles.

Too bad most of the people in Kissimmee would be having "bifurcaciones, antorchas, y biblias de la echada" because most of the people are hispanic... espcially around that area

If its sprawl in Osceola County, bring on the bulldozers! Its when you attempt to disrupt that precious urban paradise known as downtown Kissimmee that they come out of the wood work.

• 2 weeks later...