Other Metro Area Projects

accatt2204

On 2/11/2023 at 11:30 AM, JFW657 said:

Seems to me they could have just kept Hungerford Prep there.

Rebuilt some of the older classroom buildings while keeping some of the core historical parts intact and upgrading them, ala Boone H S. 

Additional new buildings as needed. 

Maybe they can come up with a way for a small black college to be built there.  

I think the desegregation order would not allowed Hungerford to stay. Of course it could have been reopened after the order was lifted. 

If Creative Village was not so close, Valencia would have been a good option. 

Realistically, residential is the best and only option. The roads are narrow and no easy access to I/4. 

1 hour ago, codypet said:

Looking at streetview in 2018 its insane OCPS let any facility, operating or not get into that kind of condition.  You can see modern portable classrooms just destroyed there. I was just thinking the outcry if they had left Southwest middle school or something like that get to that kind of shape.

I'm guessing that because SMS is located in such an affluent area of town, and because the property it sits on is so valuable, the buildings never would have had the chance to get into that condition before the property was purchased and redeveloped.

But of course its doubtful it would close down to begin with.  

It's all about property value and money.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, jrs2 said:

You know where I'm headed...I'm going to that new apartment building where Sanctum used to be. I'm getting me pot o gold and me Lucky Charms (key word being.. _______).

20230413_171637.jpg

I dunno.... that rainbow might mean something altogether different than you think it does.

You might come away from there "playing for the other team" so to speak. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, jgardnerucf said:

It's already done. Like 89%.

holy cow! has it been that long since I've been down there?

On 3/8/2023 at 10:47 AM, bqknight said:

SIAP. Primark will be coming to the Florida Mall, where Forever 21 used to be. Excited to have this retailer come to the area! 

wow.  I used to go to Forever 21 with an ex.  loved how expansive that store was (is).  Didn't realize they closed.

14 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

Primark replaced the venerable Filenes department store in downtown crossing Boston. “A little plain” is quite generous!

Yeah, we were staying in the British suburbs with a couple we're friends with.  I was asking if it was like Walmart or Target before we went.  The wife said it's where you buy kids school clothes and cheap socks, undershirts, & underwear.  My wife and I went down to check it out one day and that seemed correct.  My wife needed a pair of winter gloves & a scarf because the temp had turned colder than expected.  She gets cold easy and they definitely had exactly what she needed.  We went in another one in London for reasons long forgotten.

I'd call it above Walmart and below Target (but 100% British in styling) from my experiences.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...