Other Metro Area Projects

accatt2204

EA has been in the building next to Charles Schwaab for a few years now, I'd say at least three. Staples has been there for about six months or more.

Next time you drive by RDV go behind it. There's a four story parking garge finishing up for a high end four or so story condo project. Prices are $400,000 to $1,000,000 I think.

are you talking about Lake Destiny Dr.? interesting; more residential in that area.

well, it gives greater diversity to the area. good thing, right?

I guess... but it's still kinda weird. Take a drive back there, and I think you'll see what my mean. It's an odd fit. To me, it's compounded by the fact that you drive down Keller a little bit further it curves around into some section of either Altamonte or unincorporated Seminole which is replete with shack-type homes with chicken wired-in yards, full of broken down cars, tires, wild turkeys, and even a pig (i kid you not).

Disney's Western development

posted by ScottPowers on Nov 8, 2006 6:11:00 AM

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/business_...ys_western.html

you know, there already is some developments out there. what they need to do is extend Western Way or another road all the way to US 27, so that drivers could avoid SR 50 in Clermont and US 192 to the south.

I guess... but it's still kinda weird. Take a drive back there, and I think you'll see what my mean. It's an odd fit. To me, it's compounded by the fact that you drive down Keller a little bit further it curves around into some section of either Altamonte or unincorporated Seminole which is replete with shack-type homes with chicken wired-in yards, full of broken down cars, tires, wild turkeys, and even a pig (i kid you not).

Isn't the water treatment (actually, sewage treatment) plant just to the north? This aerial just misses it...

Nice view from the top floors, I'm sure. Of course, it looks nice considering what it does.

you know, there already is some developments out there. what they need to do is extend Western Way or another road all the way to US 27, so that drivers could avoid SR 50 in Clermont and US 192 to the south.

I don't know about Western Way, but the the western beltway SR 429 does have plans of using a connector road to US 27. However, this may not happen for a while, if it ever does happen.

I don't know about Western Way, but the the western beltway SR 429 does have plans of using a connector road to US 27. However, this may not happen for a while, if it ever does happen.

sorry about the Wake game...

yeah, I know about those plans too... Here's my take on the OOCEA's revised 5-Year plan b/c of the rising price of construction materials. My take, is that they are going to sit down and revisit their timetable for each of the affected projects, re-calculate projected pricing and what not, and re-announce their plans for expansion of the system again and it won't be much different than it was orig. set for. THey've been on a timetable since I moved here which has seen lots of construction; granted, some of those roads were turnpike authority roads, but still, they maintained a pretty consistent schedule. I think they will get what they need done like they said.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Winter Park mayor wants to buy out developers

David Strong's proposal calls for millions to halt the Carlisle condo project.

Christopher Sherman {sodEmoji.|} Sentinel Staff Writer

Posted December 19, 2006

WINTER PARK -- Mayor David Strong unveiled an $18 million proposal Monday that would kill plans for the city's most controversial building, expand its downtown park and build new city facilities.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is just me or Winter PArk is really getting out of hand..

Winter Park mayor wants to buy out developers

David Strong's proposal calls for millions to halt the Carlisle condo project.

Christopher Sherman {sodEmoji.|} Sentinel Staff Writer

Posted December 19, 2006

WINTER PARK -- Mayor David Strong unveiled an $18 million proposal Monday that would kill plans for the city's most controversial building, expand its downtown park and build new city facilities.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is just me or Winter PArk is really getting out of hand..

How so?

So the Winter Park Mayor wants to kill a multi million dollar private project that would add to the economy and tax base of the city and spend tax payer money to do it, adding insult to injury? Is this guy for real?

They are very protectionist in WP. I can't seem to understand why. My take on it is that those that have supported his election are the old school WPers that are reluctant to see or deal with any change. Newer residents just haven't voiced an opinion becuase they aren't very involved in the political process.

This issue is so embarassing. The fact that taxpayers will have to pay for this not to be built is really disgraceful. Granted, I am not too familar with the design, but a nice four story building along New York Avenue would be great. It would make more sense for them to pay to build it.