Other Metro Area Projects

accatt2204

Nothing beats the Publix I go to here in South Beach. You wanna talk about talent? Whenever friends visit from out of town, I make sure to take them to the grocery store between the beach, pool, clubs, etc. It's a must-see attraction.

So when I can I visit?

FYI, there is a pretty big office bldg. U/C at Primera off of Rhinehart in Lk Mary. 3 story, shape of an "L"; it's gotta be 250k-300k sq. ft. Also, those skywalks are looking rather nice over LMB. (at least the first one at Rhinehart).

So, Metro ORLhas these latest projects going on:

1. Primera #6 or 7 (above)

2. HEathrow new bldg.

3. SoDo

4. Winter Garden Village

5. Emerson#2

6. Uptown Lofts-- Alta

7. Uptown Alta.-- retail new

8. FH Alta. expansion

9. FH East expansion

10. the new projects in Maitland-- Lake Lilly breaking ground now;

11. Winter Park projects-- Douglass Grande; THe Landmark; New England multi-use near Penn.; Las Casas (Clay); etc..

12. FH South projects; new tower; North Pointe Place;

13. Reunion Resort-- Grande; many multi-unit towers;

14. all attractions projects... Disney, Celebration, Kissimmee, & OCCC area... more than a dozen-- maybe two dozen.

15. Veranda Residences Metrowest; and all new development at Metrowest-- offices; condos; etc...

When you put things in perspective, although things seem a little stagnant w/re to new DT projects, this is really not the case overall in the metro.

Elaborating on number 13 there, the Reunion Resort, I just took the grand tour recently. I must say, it is one incredible developement. 3500 condos and 1500 single-family homes built on 3 signature golf courses. One of the people working for the developer was saying they are going to be building a 36 story tower with 796 units. They are also supposed to have about ten building between 6-10 stories tall, not including the 12 story Reunion Grande.

Elaborating on number 13 there, the Reunion Resort, I just took the grand tour recently. I must say, it is one incredible developement. 3500 condos and 1500 single-family homes built on 3 signature golf courses. One of the people working for the developer was saying they are going to be building a 36 story tower with 796 units. They are also supposed to have about ten building between 6-10 stories tall, not including the 12 story Reunion Grande.

wow. their master plan doesn't reference that 36 story tower. must be new. that's awesome. the overall development is pretty amazing, though. nice bldg. designs. what a development.

Shopping center planned near Bellalago

Mark Chediak {sodEmoji.|} Sentinel Staff Writer

Posted February 15, 2007, 10:51 AM E

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/or...iness-headlines

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another project that should not be built.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bellalago is in the middle of nowhere, down Pleasant Hill Rd. JHC on a popsicle stick.

Unfortunately these are the one that get built! These are also the ones that people drive by in 10 - 15 years and say "what the heck were they thinking?"... not to mention the sprawl.

Not that this means anything, but I saw site work being done at the "Majesty" building today. Basically some trucks moving dirt around. It's probably just busy work. :whistling:

I just reckon they'll have it done before I die...at some point...

"Jesus is coming back. LOOK BUSY!"

Not that this means anything, but I saw site work being done at the "Majesty" building today. Basically some trucks moving dirt around. It's probably just busy work. :whistling:

I just reckon they'll have it done before I die...at some point...

Yeah, Jesus will return before that thing gets finished, and the Superchannel people are going to get their collective @sses kicked by Him!

I am really curious to see when the next Emerson tower breaks ground. Park Towers hasn't done anything yet... so... I wonder if it will be a while for Emerson #3.

Yeah, Jesus will return before that thing gets finished, and the Superchannel people are going to get their collective @sses kicked by Him!

I am really curious to see when the next Emerson tower breaks ground. Park Towers hasn't done anything yet... so... I wonder if it will be a while for Emerson #3.

Might be a while. Park Towers was supposed to break ground August 2006. It's been delayed due to slowing housing market, still planned but delayed. I wouldn't look for Emerson 3 for a few years.

Might be a while. Park Towers was supposed to break ground August 2006. It's been delayed due to slowing housing market, still planned but delayed. I wouldn't look for Emerson 3 for a few years.

well, I gotta say, the first two towers are better than nothing. never thought they would get built in the first place. they frame Crane's Roost nicely. I think Emerson is looking to build another office bldg. soon over there.

well, I gotta say, the first two towers are better than nothing. never thought they would get built in the first place. they frame Crane's Roost nicely. I think Emerson is looking to build another office bldg. soon over there.

Right.

I would expect an office building between the condo's and the super channel building before we get another condo tower. The condo's look twice as big when you walk by on the boardwalk around Cranes Roost than when you drive by on I-4. They're really quite large.

I'm bored so I'm going to make a list of all the major retail centers in Orlando 4-County Metro:

(*denotes U/C or redo; @denotes cinema)

Traditional Malls:

-@Orlando Fashion Square

-@Altamonte Mall/ Uptown Altamonte

-@Seminole T.C./T.C. Plaza (Target)

-@Oviedo Marketplace

-@West Oaks Mall

-Florida Mall

-Millennia Mall

-@Lake Square Mall

Open Air/covered or hybrid entertainment Centers:

-@Festival Bay Mall

-Orlando Premium Outlets

-*Prime Outlets (Mall 1 & 2 under heavy redo)

-@Waterford Lakes T.C.

-@Winter Park Village

-@Colonial Towne Park

-@Pointe Orlando

-*Winter Garden Village at Fowler's Grove

-*SoDo

-*Mills/Nebraska

-Plaza Vizcaya (Sand Lake & Dr. Phillips)

-Mercado (until they finally close)

-@The Loop

-@Citywalk

-@Downtown Disney

-Park Avenue

-Old Town (what a contrast to Park Avenue)

-Shopping Center at Colonial & Bumby?

-LBV Outlets

-Prime Designer Outlets

-Crossroads (535 & I-4)

-*@Veranda Park development (not sure where that goes here)

those are the biggies or the most relevant. Gone is Church St. Station. There's probably more, but

Edited by JRS1

Disney seeks upscale appeal with new Four Seasons resort

Christopher Boyd {sodEmoji.|} Sentinel Staff Writer

Posted March 2, 2007

Walt Disney World plans to break ground on a luxurious Four Seasons resort this year, bringing one of the world's most prestigious hotel brands to a theme park long considered the ultimate middle-income vacation destination.

Disney offered few details about the hotel, which would rise near an 18-hole golf course in the northeast sector of the resort. The Four Seasons would be the centerpiece of an as yet unnamed 900-acre development that would also include an assortment of luxury vacation homes.

28195849.jpg

28195850.jpg