Other Metro Area Projects

accatt2204

Disney seeks upscale appeal with new Four Seasons resort

Christopher Boyd {sodEmoji.|} Sentinel Staff Writer

Posted March 2, 2007

Walt Disney World plans to break ground on a luxurious Four Seasons resort this year, bringing one of the world's most prestigious hotel brands to a theme park long considered the ultimate middle-income vacation destination.

Disney offered few details about the hotel, which would rise near an 18-hole golf course in the northeast sector of the resort. The Four Seasons would be the centerpiece of an as yet unnamed 900-acre development that would also include an assortment of luxury vacation homes.

28195849.jpg

28195850.jpg

these ain't the four seasons renderings though. these renderings are of the shopping/hotel development thats going up over on the west side of disney. just wanted to clarify.

There's a lot of dirt being moved around on the Majesty building site in Altamonte Springs. Wonder if it's work they need to do to keep their permit active or if they're starting to work on grading for the parking lot roadways.

They've got those big night lights up on the metal poles like they're going to be putting down asphalt or something.

Hopefully this is legitimate work. I'm not holding my breath anymore.

They've got those big night lights up on the metal poles like they're going to be putting down asphalt or something.

Hopefully this is legitimate work. I'm not holding my breath anymore.

I wonder if Emerson joined The City in pressuring them to get off their @sses; they don't want an indefinite construction site hindering the quality of life of their new condo owners...

I wonder if Emerson joined The City in pressuring them to get off their @sses; they don't want an indefinite construction site hindering the quality of life of their new condo owners...

Thats a great point. I'm not sure what kind of legal recourse the city has, besides pulling their permits, but I would imagine these guys will sell if they were offered what they've invested. I'm sure EA would love to have it.

Thats a great point. I'm not sure what kind of legal recourse the city has, besides pulling their permits, but I would imagine these guys will sell if they were offered what they've invested. I'm sure EA would love to have it.

Wouldn't that be great? It would be nice to have a good strong company in a building like that. Add some weight to the Altamonte area.

wow. what an idea. a foreshadowing, perhaps? EA. big sign on the side that everyone can see from I-4 too. maybe. As for Emerson, I keep forgetting that those guys own the office park there too, so, if I was right, they're getting pressure probably from all fronts.

as an aside, I though that it would be really cool if they built a tower on the west side of I-4, across from the Majesty. it would frame that area nicely.

wow. what an idea. a foreshadowing, perhaps? EA. big sign on the side that everyone can see from I-4 too. maybe. As for Emerson, I keep forgetting that those guys own the office park there too, so, if I was right, they're getting pressure probably from all fronts.

as an aside, I though that it would be really cool if they built a tower on the west side of I-4, across from the Majesty. it would frame that area nicely.

I was looking at the EA website yesterday. I don't live in the area, but based on the website it seems that EA has a pretty nice 'campus' where they are right now. What is the incentive to move, or would this new location be in addition to the existing location? Thx.

I was looking at the EA website yesterday. I don't live in the area, but based on the website it seems that EA has a pretty nice 'campus' where they are right now. What is the incentive to move, or would this new location be in addition to the existing location? Thx.

It would be a new location if they move to downtown. Moving downtown could put them in one building. They currently share the location with other business(es) in Maitland which can be a security risk. Moving downtown would also put their location in the middle of central Florida, which would be beneficial to all employees. Downtown has potential commuter rail. Downtown currently has the UCF School of Film & Digital Media and the Florida Interactive Entertainment Academy, which would put a large pool of talented interns and future employees right at their doorstep. Downtown has more hotels than their current location as well as restaurants. The future will include more retail. A new large building anywhere would give them a better ability to expand their workforce. The City of Orlando is offering $$$ to move downtown to have a large corporation in the city core and more specifically, the city wants them next to the FIEA, UCF's SoFDM, and future home of House of Moves to be a part of the mayor's vision for a Creative Village.

Did I miss anything?

Kissimmee-- The Loop. If you go to their website, they have an arial photo showing The Loop West adjacent to The Loop. It is pretty impressive. just under 1M sq. ft. retail when it's all said and done. wow. can someone post that photo?

they're building a Belk and JC Penny there. Those are Mall stores. I know there is a trend to build open air SS's in lieu of traditional malls, but if you count the number of SS's in Orlando that have roughly 1M sq. ft. of retail space, which is the size of big trad. malls, these would make the list:

1. Waterford Lakes T.C. (it was 1M sq. ft. before the latest expansion aross Alafaya)

2. Orlando Premium Outlets (almost enclosed)

3. Festival Bay (it is enclosed; but with non-traditional stores inside-- until recently)

4. *Winter Garden Village at Fowler Groves

5. *The Loop (after The Loop West is done)

6. *Prime Outlets (Belz redev.; will be 1M sq. ft.)

7. Downtown Disney, of course

Edited by JRS1

So I've been reading the forum for some time now and haven't been encouraged to sign up and post until now. Across the street from UCF on Alafaya, south of University Blvd. they have fenced off a large area of old apartments and just recently put a banner up which says "A high rise student housing experience.."

I looked for a company name on it so I could look it up to see what kind of project they're talking about but there wasn't one. Does anyone have any info on this?

yea, from what I know, UCF in cooperation with a couple other companies bought out the land and are planning a new living/play community, which will have places like "the towers" on UCF campus, with winter park village syle shopping mixed in

all of this will be connected to UCF via a sky walk over alafaya

of course that is what I heard from SGA vice president

im not sure how accurate it is, but I knew well before they fenced off the place, that it was indeed going down to be replaced by a new living area

UCF is trying to erase the commuter school image, and it all seems to sound about right

First of it's kind concept Publix set to open next month in Lake Mary.. Sweeeet!

Article..

Publix deli hopes to rival restaurants

A test deli in a new Lake Mary store takes aim at the carryout market.

Mark Chediak {sodEmoji.|} Sentinel Staff Writer

Posted March 23, 2007

Publix Super Markets plans to test a bistro-style deli that will serve up freshly cooked meals ranging from Kung Pao Scallops to seared salmon at a new store expected to open in Lake Mary next month.

The test deli is designed to challenge the growing restaurant carryout business and rival grocers such as Whole Foods, which has had success selling gourmet prepared foods such as Asian steak and stuffed mushrooms.

Lakeland-based Publix said its new deli will feature eight cuisine-themed "serving stations" in an upscale food-court setting with table seating. The stations will cook to order everything from Vietnamese Lemongrass Pork to oven-baked pizzas. Dishes will cost $7.99 to $11.

The deli will be accessible from within the store or through a separate entrance for those looking to escape quickly with a carryout order...

Rest of Article

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard how sales at Oasis and The Trevi are going? I haven't seen a car at Oasis for a while now.

Trevi sales are going nowhere. Met the developer two weeks ago at a Maitland Chamber function where he was inquiring about financing. He was informed he would need pre-sales around 50% to secure anything, at which he scoffed. I asked if he had presales, to which he said "No". I'm sure he has some, but nothing substantial. He has gone to three major lenders in the region so far, with the same result. He has been paying out of pocket for all the site work that has/is being done - est. $2.5 million so far. So he has deep pockets, but surely not deep enough to construct the thing without financing.

Edited by GRS328

Trevi sales are going nowhere. Met the developer two weeks ago at a Maitland Chamber function where he was inquiring about financing. He was informed he would need pre-sales around 50% to secure anything, at which he scoffed. I asked if he had presales, to which he said "No". I'm sure he has some, but nothing substantial. He has gone to three major lenders in the region so far, with the same result. He has been paying out of pocket for all the site work that has/is being done - est. $2.5 million so far. So he has deep pockets, but surely not deep enough to construct the thing without financing.

Thanks GRS328. I am having someone check into the Oasis sales.