Other Metro Area Projects

accatt2204

Nice Winter Park updates. The Douglas Grande is an interesting midrise development. We need more like this around the whole metro area. Also, I like that they are using brick in the mix (on New England). It is a nice change from all the stucco/stone--why it isn't more prevelant in the area is a mystery to me (aside from the cheap factor, of course).

It's less ugly little brother.

I'm assuming both were BBArch? As hideous as I think the Majesty is, I'd be pretty pissed if I hired an architect to design a unique signature building for my HQ, and then they recycled the design for another client.

Sorry, but the "client" of the Altamonte Springs building is in no position to get angry at anyone concerning any piece of this project. As long as that building is not built, it's an eyesore. Sooner or later, in an incredible twist of irony, the Holy One himself is going to unleash fury on that stain. Doing us all a favor by bringing it down.

Sorry, but the "client" of the Altamonte Springs building is in no position to get angry at anyone concerning any piece of this project. As long as that building is not built, it's an eyesore. Sooner or later, in an incredible twist of irony, the Holy One himself is going to unleash fury on that stain. Doing us all a favor by bringing it down.

it's the Tower of Babel

Trevi sales are going nowhere. Met the developer two weeks ago at a Maitland Chamber function where he was inquiring about financing. He was informed he would need pre-sales around 50% to secure anything, at which he scoffed. I asked if he had presales, to which he said "No". I'm sure he has some, but nothing substantial. He has gone to three major lenders in the region so far, with the same result. He has been paying out of pocket for all the site work that has/is being done - est. $2.5 million so far. So he has deep pockets, but surely not deep enough to construct the thing without financing.

Drove by the Oasis sales center on Saturday and the flags are down and so are the steps to get into the trailer. I don't think they ever got their sales; but if you go in Klein's website it says that it is under construction. I think Oasis went to apartments like their project next door, Dwell.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, and in the first picture you can see a portion of a grayed-out building-- that's The Rialto, the commercial-only portion of the whole complex.

ah.

so, the Rialto and Intermezzo are two different phases, or are they building both now?

so, the Rialto and Intermezzo are two different phases, or are they building both now?

I think they're supposed to be constructed at the same time. As far as whether that's going on right now, I thought I heard my folks say that they finally started working on it but I haven't been up to Orlando in 5 months so I can't say for sure.

Anybody have more/current info?

Winter Park developer tries new approach

Orlando Business Journal - May 4, 2007by Dan PingStaff Writer

WINTER PARK -- A controversial Winter Park development company is charging forward with a new project that could do more than change the neighborhood -- it could change the city's planning process.

Central Park Station Partners, the firm pushing the Carlisle on Central Park, plans to redevelop a 5.5-acre site at the intersections of Orange Avenue, South Denning Drive and Minnesota Drive. The company wants to build a mixed-use project on property vacated by Progress Energy.

from the commentary on Steve Walsh in the TT thread, I didn't realize he is not only developing the premier Orlando property, but also it's counterpart in WP and Maitland.

Speaking of Maitland...anyone seen this new project in Maitland...www.solismaitland.com