Other Metro Area Projects

accatt2204

Anybody have more/current info?

Winter Park developer tries new approach

Orlando Business Journal - May 4, 2007by Dan PingStaff Writer

WINTER PARK -- A controversial Winter Park development company is charging forward with a new project that could do more than change the neighborhood -- it could change the city's planning process.

Central Park Station Partners, the firm pushing the Carlisle on Central Park, plans to redevelop a 5.5-acre site at the intersections of Orange Avenue, South Denning Drive and Minnesota Drive. The company wants to build a mixed-use project on property vacated by Progress Energy.

good. it will compliment the ONB building just north of that intersection.

the extra business section in the sentinel has a shot of the med complex at lake nona. they say they have been clearing and grading for the past month. the medical school will start in december.

I saw that. I would like to see that 3D rendering again that they've flashed on local news of the finished complex.

Seminole CC:

new building at 414 & Forrest City Road in Maitland/Altamonte, across the Publix CC.

Did someone a while back post a question regarding what that bldg was?

It is a 5-6 story, curved facade in a brownish tint with curved black glass. this thing looks awesome. sorry no photos.

The new SCC building in Altamonte is four stories, but it looks like it could be five or six. Kinda tall for four stories. If you notice the way it is built, in a curve around the entrance, it lends to a twin being built on the other side of the entryway, which I think may be in the plans down the road. SCC also owns the land on the other side of the entrance. From what I undestand, it is a satelite campus, but will focus on medical and nursing.

The new SCC building in Altamonte is four stories, but it looks like it could be five or six. Kinda tall for four stories. If you notice the way it is built, in a curve around the entrance, it lends to a twin being built on the other side of the entryway, which I think may be in the plans down the road. SCC also owns the land on the other side of the entrance. From what I undestand, it is a satelite campus, but will focus on medical and nursing.

it is a beuatiful structure.

They demolished the Fern Park Shopping Center (empty Kmart) on 17-92 (just south of 436) this past week. There was a mention in the OBJ several months back that Lowe's was looking to occupy the space, though the article didn't mention demolition of the entire plaza. Interestingly, looking at Seminole County records, the land has not changed hands from the long time owner of the property, so I wonder if Lowe's is still in the picture, as they typically buy the property they occupy. I had always hoped they would rezone that tract and build condos or townhomes there, with retail fronting the road.

They demolished the Fern Park Shopping Center (empty Kmart) on 17-92 (just south of 436) this past week. There was a mention in the OBJ several months back that Lowe's was looking to occupy the space, though the article didn't mention demolition of the entire plaza. Interestingly, looking at Seminole County records, the land has not changed hands from the long time owner of the property, so I wonder if Lowe's is still in the picture, as they typically buy the property they occupy. I had always hoped they would rezone that tract and build condos or townhomes there, with retail fronting the road.

I just saw it 2 days ago. Lowe's would make sense since HD is up past 436. Lowe's and sell the outparcels to food chains.

• 2 weeks later...

Per the July MPB agenda, it looks as though the British owners of the parcel of land that's northwest of the BL-528/Semoran-436 interchange (contains a rental car lot now) are looking to develop a project called Orlando Gateway.

orl_gatewy_053107.jpg

Proposed to contain a 600-room hotel, 100K+ s.f. of office space, 85K s.f. of commercial, and 2100 multifamily units.

• 2 weeks later...

I was recently looking at photos of Avalon Park and noticed how sterile the entire project seemed. I was especially appalled at the stark nature of Avalon Lake. To truly capitalize on that location, if I were a landscape architect, I would restore the natural landscape to the lake. Add LOTS of lush oak trees and palms. That would really make the park come alive.

I was recently looking at photos of Avalon Park and noticed how sterile the entire project seemed. I was especially appalled at the stark nature of Avalon Lake. To truly capitalize on that location, if I were a landscape architect, I would restore the natural landscape to the lake. Add LOTS of lush oak trees and palms. That would really make the park come alive.

Tell me about it. I said it's like Edward Sissorhands' neighborhood without all the color...or trees.

I'm working on some sites in the 'commercial' area of Avalon Park and it looks pretty sad. Not only that but there are single homes in huge open fields that don't look like they are going to have any neighbors anytime soon. This is the view of some apartments/townhomes and a lake from Avalon Park Boulevard...

post-8152-1181929577_thumb.jpg

bleh. No trees, and the few near the buildings look like twigs.

Edited by neon9

Tell me about it. I said it's like Edward Sissorhands' neighborhood without all the color...or trees.

I'm working on some sites in the 'commercial' area of Avalon Park and it looks pretty sad. Not only that but there are single homes in huge open fields that don't look like they are going to have any neighbors anytime soon. This is the view of some apartments/townhomes and a lake from Avalon Park Boulevard...

post-8152-1181929577_thumb.jpg

bleh. No trees, and the few near the buildings look like twigs.

That looks like a prison yard.

Hey thats Spring Isle, i live in there! :scared:

Well, i live in the single family home area but will be moving to The Vue when its done. I tell you i really do not know how these things will age. I do not like this area, traffic is horrible. Unless you leave your house at the crack of dawn it will take you 15-20 minutes to get from Avalon Park Blvd. to the 408 on Colonial, and then you deal with 408 traffic. I cant wait to live and work downtown!!!!!!. Which brings me to the conclusion that the geniuses at the county level did not think when they approved all the development out here.

Hmmm, lets build a whole community but not widen its access road, real genius.

As far as the commercial site, what do we have going in there?

Hey thats Spring Isle, i live in there! :scared:

Well, i live in the single family home area but will be moving to The Vue when its done. I tell you i really do not know how these things will age. I do not like this area, traffic is horrible. Unless you leave your house at the crack of dawn it will take you 15-20 minutes to get from Avalon Park Blvd. to the 408 on Colonial, and then you deal with 408 traffic. I cant wait to live and work downtown!!!!!!. Which brings me to the conclusion that the geniuses at the county level did not think when they approved all the development out here.

Hmmm, lets build a whole community but not widen its access road, real genius.

As far as the commercial site, what do we have going in there?

From south to north (north of the WAMU): Gas station, drive thru restaurant, another drive thru restaurant, maybe another drive thru restaurant. Maybe I should not mention who until the deal is finalized. Most of the big ones besides the Chez McDo that is already there :wacko:

I dunno about this neighborhood either. This area around Avalon Park Blvd. in particular seems poorly executed, I haven't been thru much else of it. It seemed like a copy of the Waterford Lakes idea, but a little further out...Sorry though I did not mean to insult the area you live!

From south to north (north of the WAMU): Gas station, drive thru restaurant, another drive thru restaurant, maybe another drive thru restaurant. Maybe I should not mention who until the deal is finalized. Most of the big ones besides the Chez McDo that is already there :wacko:

I dunno about this neighborhood either. This area around Avalon Park Blvd. in particular seems poorly executed, I haven't been thru much else of it. It seemed like a copy of the Waterford Lakes idea, but a little further out...Sorry though I did not mean to insult the area you live!