Other Metro Area Projects

accatt2204

Has anyone been inside? Anything special or different about the interior?

The same as any other Wal-Mart Supercenter. The McDonalds looks "nicer" than most McDonalds, but other than that... that's it. The grocery selection sucks (I was looking for spinach or sundried tomato tortillas to make wraps... all they had were corn and flour). One thing I did like was that the frozen section has motion activated lighting. When no one is around, the lights turn off to conserve energy... when you get close, they turn on. So at 1 a.m. it was exciting to run up and down the frozen aisles activating the lights like Bruce Allmighty or that scary old guy from Poltergeist II or III.

Sorry... :offtopic:

that scary old guy from Poltergeist II or III.

LMAO!

wasn't that Phantasm? yes, there was a scary old guy in the Poltergeist movies too. what a nightmare.

I went inside... and left pretty quickly. standard... lots of space; apparently, there are intl. foods on the endcaps of the aisles; there is a disney section of touristy clothing too...

nothing revolutionary except the exterior, which is of course unheralded. The new Deltona WalMart has a similar look-- but not as dressy.

The Dr. Phillips WalMart is done?

Wow

That was quick

Aside from those photos, does the overall scheme of the shopping center compliment the area pretty well?

Personally I'm starting to get worried about that area. The center (originally named Phillips Landing, an issue with some friends of mine who live in Phillips Landing subdivision) now called Phillips Village according to their website is across the parking lot from Wal-Mart and isn't conducive to walking. It stands mostly vacant, at least when I last saw it, and looks like the Wal-Mart. In my opinion, it looks too cartoony and feel Crossing, Venizia, and Village should have had the stone/wood Marketplace look. I started living in DP when Apopka Vineland was being four laned, and now with the Whole foods shopping center going in I fear its going to be overdeveloped. According to a website I found, (http://www.weingarten.com/retail/default.aspx) both Village and Crossing and 10 leased spaces between the two of them. So as of right now they have a big unleased center, are building another big unleased center, with Rialto and the other center west of the Marketplace fixing to go up as well.

Edited by codypet

Personally I'm starting to get worried about that area. The center (originally named Phillips Landing, an issue with some friends of mine who live in Phillips Landing subdivision) now called Phillips Village according to their website is across the parking lot from Wal-Mart and isn't conducive to walking. It stands mostly vacant, at least when I last saw it, and looks like the Wal-Mart. In my opinion, it looks too cartoony and feel Crossing, Venizia, and Village should have had the stone/wood Marketplace look. I started living in DP when Apopka Vineland was being four laned, and now with the Whole foods shopping center going in I fear its going to be overdeveloped. According to a website I found, (http://www.weingarten.com/retail/default.aspx) both Village and Crossing and 10 leased spaces between the two of them. So as of right now they have a big unleased center, are building another big unleased center, with Rialto and the other center west of the Marketplace fixing to go up as well.

Not good. I hope the instability of the leasing of properties on I-drive is not spreading across I-4. Anybody know what's going on with the DP Marketplace? Looks like a major construction project fronting Sand Lake Rd.

Not good. I hope the instability of the leasing of properties on I-drive is not spreading across I-4. Anybody know what's going on with the DP Marketplace? Looks like a major construction project fronting Sand Lake Rd.

Shrank the pond to put in stores. According to the website its is a Cold Stone, The Grape, and Shane's BBQ. I'm assuming its the same Grape that's in Pointe Orlando. I'm afraid Cold Stone is going to run TCBY out of business.

I just think it's funny how Orange County said no to Dixie Stampede 7 years ago and now they say yes to super development from Whole Foods to WalMart, which is what they were trying to avoid in the first place. maybe Chapin was in charge back then.

I just think it's funny how Orange County said no to Dixie Stampede 7 years ago and now they say yes to super development from Whole Foods to WalMart, which is what they were trying to avoid in the first place. maybe Chapin was in charge back then.

Funny enough -- if you want to call it "funny" -- I happen to catch on OrangeTV several months ago, when the Wal-Mart was first planned there (but not approved yet), along with the expansion of Sand Lake Hospital, the Whole Foods, etc., they (the county commission) were going around and around about how they couldn't approve all these projects when the bottleneck of the Sand Lake Rd./Turkey Lake Rd./I-4 interchange exists. The configuration simply couldn't handle the existing or the projected traffic.

Yet, here they are -- all approved, and I see no upgrades being made to the intersections. They're going to have to put in at least one stop light there at that Wal-Mart, but it's not done yet either.

Edited by i_cre8

The big problem over there is the Sand Lake westbound traffic and I-4 traffic exiting onto Sand Lake. The cars coming off I-4 do not have enough room to make rights at that 7-11. That needs to be reworked somehow. A resolution could be as simple as cops writing tickets for blocking an intersection, because the cars heading wb on Sand Lake sit in the middle of the intersection blocking the flow.

The big problem over there is the Sand Lake westbound traffic and I-4 traffic exiting onto Sand Lake. The cars coming off I-4 do not have enough room to make rights at that 7-11. That needs to be reworked somehow. A resolution could be as simple as cops writing tickets for blocking an intersection, because the cars heading wb on Sand Lake sit in the middle of the intersection blocking the flow.

It's another Maitland Blvd. situation...the thing is the I-4/Sand Lake/Turkey Lake situation developed on it's own, Sand Lake was a narrow little county road when I-4 was built, but Maitland Interchange was actually designed the way it is on purpose! I guess that will all be changing soon, or "trans4ming".....

time to build another overpass over I-4 and on to I-drive. it would alleviate Sand Lake and C. Fla Pkwy traffic.

I think they need to build an offramp that dumps directly onto Turkey Lake instead of Sand Lake and if people want to get to Sand Lake, they can either take the Turkey Lake exit or the Kirkman/I-Drive exit. Something similar to what they did over at JYP... how it dumps over by that church.

I think they need to build an offramp that dumps directly onto Turkey Lake instead of Sand Lake and if people want to get to Sand Lake, they can either take the Turkey Lake exit or the Kirkman/I-Drive exit. Something similar to what they did over at JYP... how it dumps over by that church.

that's a great idea. maybe make it an exit where you can either get directly to Turkey Lake, or I-Drive via an overpass...

that's a great idea. maybe make it an exit where you can either get directly to Turkey Lake, or I-Drive via an overpass...

I suggested they make an exit over the old land Turkey Lake used to sit on and make an exit onto Central Fla Pky. All the Turkey Lake people could use that exit.

• 2 weeks later...

A few Dellagio tenants have surfaced:

Flemings - Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar

Bravo - Cucina Italiana

Cantina Laredo - Gourmet Mexican Food

Woodhouse Day Spa

Unicorp Headquarters

Unicorp is projecting an opening date of October 2008 for the 118 home, 130,000 square foot office and retail complex.

Dellagio-Siteplan-sm.jpg

Flemings is a good steakhouse.

where is this again? sorry.