Other Metro Area Projects

accatt2204

Unfortunately, that's a picture of the Hard Rock Abu Dhabi...something tells me Daytona's won't look like that.  But, no hurt in crossing our collective fingers :)

If it's in keeping with the other DB hotels, it'll probably be more in the 15 - 20 story range & more of a horizontal rectangle dimension-wise.

Looks like they're almost done with the initial masonry on the 7-11 at Ferncreek and Colonial.  Based on its proximity to the street and location of the doors/windows, this building is more "urban" than the Edgewater/Colonial 7-11 (which sits on a small hill surrounded by landscaping). 

post-25309-0-22037200-1367987367_thumb.j

post-25309-0-11290700-1367987376_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

the most recent renderings of the Fashion Square mall redevelopment show a REI (new to Orlando), a Whole Foods (probably replacing the old one in Winter Park)  and a Super Target (which means the one across the street whole relocate)

Hopefully these come to fruition and would be great !

Edited by tm68

Fashion Square's ambitious redevelopment is extremely exciting and extremely scary at the same time.

I'm kind of surprised that they are being as ambitious as they have been thus far. I figured they'd just slap a coat of paint on it and be done.

In glad they are thinking mixed use and - based on the renderings - thinking outside the box.

the most recent renderings of the Fashion Square mall redevelopment show a REI (new to Orlando), a Whole Foods (probably replacing the old one in Winter Park)  and a Super Target (which means the one across the street whole relocate)

Hopefully these come to fruition and would be great !

This could be a win-win for Fashion Square and Downtown.  It seems as if Fashion Square is making a deliberate attempt to move away from the traditional mall-type retail.  

• Like 1

I'm kind of surprised that they are being as ambitious as they have been thus far. I figured they'd just slap a coat of paint on it and be done.

In glad they are thinking mixed use and - based on the renderings - thinking outside the box.

Hopefully this will spread to Oviedo Mall. Future Sunrail (or Lightrail ) line down 417, major stop at Oviedo w/ mixed use ( 6 story apartments, Movie Theater, Publix, Resturants, Putt-Putt, Medical Offices )...now we're cooking!

Hopefully this will spread to Oviedo Mall. Future Sunrail (or Lightrail ) line down 417, major stop at Oviedo w/ mixed use ( 6 story apartments, Movie Theater, Publix, Resturants, Putt-Putt, Medical Offices )...now we're cooking!

Oviedo Mall does need a major re-do. One of the most depressing malls I have ever been in...

I don't think a renovation will help it much... its not a bad looking or poorly maintained facility... its just too far from the clientelle that it  was supposed to serve. Waterford Lakes destroyed it, and its not coming back. Its best bet is to try to get some destination anchors in there... perhaps a Dave & Busters style entertainment space, and it needs to give it to them below cost as its problem is location. If they can get a couple destinations like that in there, combined with some aggresive rental rates for desirable businesses till it starts to fill up, maybe it has a chance of filling its spaces and becoming viable again.