Other Metro Area Projects

accatt2204

Does anyone know anything about the Baldwin Harbor project? I've seen billboards around town promising elegance above the lake with great city views. Sounds like a high rise to me......

Website is not very specific

Baldwin Harbor

I've seen them too. I cant imagine however that the residences of Balwin Park will take to that too well.

Does anyone know anything about the Baldwin Harbor project? Baldwin Harbor

This is the condo project at the end of New Broad Street on both sides at Lake Baldwin. They are podium style garden condos that are taller than the remainder of the 3 to 4-story New Broad Street buildings, about 9 stories in height. They went to Baldwin Park Town Design Review Cmte., the first concept of this building starts

here. There is a public parking garage that is segregated from retail support parking. There are nice streetscapes on the sidestreets. Overall, a great preject.

The specific parcel master plan was approved about 2 months ago. Baldwin Park sort-of has its own town design review committee that is head by the City CAO that approves these things. I had these plans sitting around not too long ago.

Edited by Jaybee

This project looks good, but overall I'm not impressed with the quality of architecture at the Baldwin Park Towncenter.

Yeah, I know what you mean. The new urbanists like it that way... less articulation and adornment of the buildings and more concentration on simple urban forms. I do too wish sometimes for more detail were included in the architecture. These new buildings may fill that void.

Affordable housing gives cause for thanks

Erin Cox | Sentinel Staff Writer

Posted November 21, 2005

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/...-home-headlines

Palms Suites resort to go condo-hotel

Hayes Reid Development Group Inc. will convert The Palms Suites Lakeside as its second condo-hotel in the Orlando-Disney area, the Celebration-based company said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/or...iness-headlines

in the rendering, it looks like it will be situated just to the west of those 7 story apts on the southern bank of crane's roost.

Correct.

West of the apartments and across Cranes Roost Lake from the Emerson 12 story condo's. I count 13 and 16 stories for the Park Towers buildings.

Emerson also plans to build an 11 story hotel and a 14 story office building along I-4 between their condos and the Majesty building.

The Altamonte Town Center is going to be surrounded by residential high rises.

• 2 weeks later...

Winter Park faces great divide

WINTER PARK -- The presence of nearly 600 residents packing a town-hall meeting Wednesday night said more than words could that this city is galvanized by growth.

Spurred by a backlash against several large projects, it may have been the largest such gathering on an issue in the city of 26,000.

Maitland scores win in lawsuit

Christopher Sherman | Sentinel Staff Writer

Posted December 1, 2005, 1:35 PM EST

An Orange County judge has dismissed an 11-count lawsuit against the city of Maitland that sought to block a seven-story retail and condo project from moving forward.

Can they not hide the parking lots?

Just look like another oversized Waterford Lake and Winter Garden Mall with some condos throw in it.

But, at least they put effort in creating an urban Altamonte Spring. They should have learn from Virginia Beach.

Agreed. Why not just have streetside parking? I don't get it.

Can they not hide the parking lots?

Just look like another oversized Waterford Lake and Winter Garden Mall with some condos throw in it.

But, at least they put effort in creating an urban Altamonte Spring. They should have learn from Virginia Beach.

Are you kidding me???

I think this project is unbelievable in it's ability to partially hide the parking behind the stores in the retail area, and the high rise condos have integrated parking garages. This project is nothing like Waterford Lakes. This is like building a downtown. There will be about 15 high rises and another half dozen mid-rise buildings.

This is vertical in-fill, not more sprawl.

Edited by facilities man