Retail/stores you would like to see in SE VA

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only reason that those places are in strip malls and industrial areas is that they need inexpensive space for their vats of wine. I suppose a small satellite location could open with a couple bottles of each wine they have available for customers to sample and mix with the final order being sent to the warehouse.

• 2 months later...

I have a friend who is origianlly from Hampton, but know lives in NOVA. He works in the world bank, and also part time at Macys. He told me that the plans are to start converting all of the Hechts locations in HR to Macys starting sometime in the spring. He said that they will all be different levels, meaning that the one say at Coliseum mall will be different from the one at Lynnhaven.

On a different note, my friend said that he would like to someday move back to HR; hopefully a sentiment expressed by others who have left the region.

I have a friend who is origianlly from Hampton, but know lives in NOVA. He works in the world bank, and also part time at Macys. He told me that the plans are to start converting all of the Hechts locations in HR to Macys starting sometime in the spring. He said that they will all be different levels, meaning that the one say at Coliseum mall will be different from the one at Lynnhaven.

On a different note, my friend said that he would like to someday move back to HR; hopefully a sentiment expressed by others who have left the region.

Ahh, I have been wondering when this may happen. It will be interesting to see the outcome of this Macy's conversion. Hope your friend does return. Our region is really starting to change and for the better I think.

My friend plans to move back in two years, once he is fully vested in his 401 K...he will either look for a comparable job in banking or open his own business....

One restaraunt which I hope will soon open here is Chipotle, a fast casual Tex Mex, much better than Moes. They are all over the place in NOVA and two in Richmond area.

Archived