Where do you live?

atlrvr

What area of Charlotte do you currently live?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. What area of Charlotte do you currently live?

• Uptown/Southend
    • Established intown neighborhoods (Dilworth, Eastover, Elizabeth, Myers Park)
    • Revilatizing neighborhoods (Chantilly, NoDa, Plaza/Midwood, Wesley Heights)
    • Early genterifiaction neighborhoods (Belmont, Cherry, Wilmore)
    • Other established neighborhoods 50+ years (Sedgefield, Cotswold, Old Foscroft etc......)
    • Southpark
    • University Area
    • Suburbia within 485
    • Surronding towns in Meck or Charlotte outside of 485
    • Surrounding County
    • Outside Charlotte Metro but considering moving to Charlotte.
    • Outside Charlotte Metro and there is no way I'd ever move to Charlotte.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in a neighboring county in the metro area (York County, Rock Hill). I attended Winthrop University (whose basketball team had the longest winning streak coming into the tournament...damn Gonzaga!) and after I graduated, I decided to stay in the area. I will be going to graduate school in the fall, and if I decide to return to Winthrop (and most likely I will), I will either stay in Rock Hill or move to Lake Wylie or south Charlotte. My place of employment is in Dilworth, and it's a great neighborhood. But after I get my masters, I'm out of here. I love the Carolinas, but I need a different kind of experience.

I live in South Park. Own a townhome there and moved there once I got married as a first home. Couldn't afford to live in Uptown at the time, but my wife and I are looking to move there in the next two years as we both work there and we both make a little more than we used to when we bought the home we have now.

I currently live in the University area. Hyw 49 and Back Creek Church Rd.  I'm moving to Noda this spring. http://www.liveinnoda.com/ren.htm

Was checking out that development. I called to see if they had any of their largest floorplans available and the guy said they were currently sold out of all units. They said they had 100 that were slated to be constructed and 25 of those were of the largest floorplan. He said he could put me on the waiting list, I asked how many people were on the waiting list for that one floorplan, he said 225. :blink:

This area is no doubt on the virge of a boom.

Was checking out that development.  I called to see if they had any of their largest floorplans available and the guy said they were currently sold out of all units.  They said they had 100 that were slated to be constructed and 25 of those were of the largest floorplan.  He said he could put me on the waiting list, I asked how many people were on the waiting list for that one floorplan, he said 225.  :blink:

This area is no doubt on the virge of a boom.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah... Good luck getting the unit you want once you get on the waiting list. More and more people are aware of this project and the demand is very high. I cant wait to move in!!!!

OK, so why do I like Rock Hill?

Well, it has low crime, cheap property taxes, decent schools, a mid-sized University, great weather, a good parks system, a fairly efficient local government, not much traffic, and is only 25 minutes away from downtown Charlotte.

It could have better retail and more cultural opportunities, but for the most part it offers me a great environment to raise my family.

I'm not 23 anymore. If I were right out of college, I'd want a bigger city and more nightlife.

I'm 35, married and I have a kid. Rock Hill is great!

Different strokes for different folks, I suppose...LOL. I always said that if I chose to start a family in the area, I'd rather do so in Fort Mill. But Rock Hill isn't all bad...if the city could just capitalize on the majority of the things that are to its advantage, it could be even better.

• 3 months later...

Pretty late on this thread, but I live in Starmount, and have a rental here too. B) The area is not quite as historic or charming as previous neighborhoods I'm familiar with (Five Points in Raleigh, College Hill in Greensboro) but it's affordable, and only 6.5 miles to uptown.

I've lived in southern California too. Wanna complain about traffic? Here? WHAT traffic?? :P

plaza-midwood as well. i love it..we be walking everywhere.

i also own a house in shamrock gardens (behind old pike's drug store). that neighborhood still needs some love but i think it is the cheapest place to buy that close to the city without tons of crime.

Well, since you asked Atlrvr - I did used to live in Rock Hill, it's my hometown. Of course I would have never had considered it a 'Charlotte area' town, just a town that was near Charlotte. But I suppose that is good for it, but a little surreal talking to people that identify it as a suburb.

Anyways - I am a SC native, but left in 1990 for Atlanta, with a short stint in Nashville. Don't have any plans to move back to the area or Charlotte, but I don't have any ill feelings for the area - I'm glad Charlotte is doing well. But I don't intend on staying in Atlanta either - so I'm not really 'hooked' on any one place yet.

Currently renting at Phillips Place.

Moving either within the South Park area or to Midwood in about 8 months.... not discounting Dilworth or Elizabeth, but given my requirements (under $200k, garage, walking distance to a decent grocery store) those two neighborhoods are the most likely to fit.

plaza-midwood as well.  i love it..we be walking everywhere.

i also own a house in shamrock gardens (behind old pike's drug store).  that neighborhood still needs some love but i think it is the cheapest place to buy that close to the city without tons of crime.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's an infill project in Shamrock Gardens that's suppose to be built. it's called Dublin Heights or something like that. They've cleared the ladn but have't started construction. Everytiime I called the builder they kept going up in price. They want to charge Plaza Midwood Prices, but hello, it's not Plaza Midwood.

I ended up moving to Mcrroery Heights which is behind JCSU. They're older brick homes which I couldn't afford anything that size if it was new, and it now takes me 5 minutes to get to work, 2 minutes to get to the Harris -Teeter, CVS and the future Dunkin Dounoughts

Archived