Where do you live?

atlrvr

What area of Charlotte do you currently live?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. What area of Charlotte do you currently live?

• Uptown/Southend
    • Established intown neighborhoods (Dilworth, Eastover, Elizabeth, Myers Park)
    • Revilatizing neighborhoods (Chantilly, NoDa, Plaza/Midwood, Wesley Heights)
    • Early genterifiaction neighborhoods (Belmont, Cherry, Wilmore)
    • Other established neighborhoods 50+ years (Sedgefield, Cotswold, Old Foscroft etc......)
    • Southpark
    • University Area
    • Suburbia within 485
    • Surronding towns in Meck or Charlotte outside of 485
    • Surrounding County
    • Outside Charlotte Metro but considering moving to Charlotte.
    • Outside Charlotte Metro and there is no way I'd ever move to Charlotte.

I live in the Carowinds/Lake Wylie area. The main answer to your question is my wife. If it were up to me we'd be further into town. However, it's not a bad place to live. The property values are still reasonable (but on the rise), because we're not as glamorous as Ballantyne and when we moved in there weren't many amenities nearby, but now this part of town is booming, so property values are going up steadily. It really is a nice suburban neighborhood. I'm just more of an urban kind of guy.

:(

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We're at Coffee Creek in South Charlotte off of 485, and we love it here. Its convenient to work, airport, Walmart, Lowes, Target, South Park, Carowinds and Carolina Place.

We moved here not only for convenience, but the management is lovely here and also a lot of our coworkers are here so in that case that a battery dies or a flat occurs, we can all rely on eachother for transportation to work.

Originally from Concord and its very similar living here as it is there, quiet, no problems, almost feel safe leaving the doors unlocked at night... but this is Charlotte still. I absolutely adore it here.

Plus I just love saying that I have an "ahem" theme park in my back yard.

CHris

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I currently rent in Dilworth. Love, Love, Love it. Can't afford to buy anything here. So we bought a house in Wilmore. The last 6months we have been renovating it and loving every bit of the hood. Everyday were there the neighborhood seems to be getting better and better. Can't wait until we move in and I get to ride my "78 Piaggio to work everyday!

Archived