Lurkers?

LA Dave:

The attractive woman in the mini skirt in your memory was probably Nancy Mulnix, the driving force behind bringing La Grand Vitesse and its creator, Alexander Calder, to Grand Rapids.

--Woz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't recall seeing Nancy in a mini, but she was certainly an attractive lady. I remember that Bob Blandford, then a County Commissioner, led the fight against the Calder and wanted to place a fountain on the plaza. Can you imagine what that fountain would look like today, 36 years later?

• 8 months later...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been reading the forum for several weeks. This thread found it's way to the top, so I thought I'd own up to my lurking.

I grew up in Rockford, moved to Kalamazoo for college (WMU) then spent four years in Chicago. The woman who is now my wife never left Kzoo and couldn't get into the city scene (East side country girl), so I moved back about a year ago.

I'm currently a flack with a GR cultural organization. Formerly a resident of Kzoo and commuting from there, we just moved to Holland. This is a great forum and I'm looking forward to gleaning more insight and adding my two cents.

Another lurker here - I've posted a few times, but haven't really introduced myself.

I'm 26, live in Alger Heights and grew up in West Michigan - originally from Kalamazoo... I drive by the old Antonio's Restaurant that's now for lease on the corner of Eastern and Alger and dream about what I could do with it. Too small for Whole Foods, but maybe a coffee/wine bar? :)

I stopped lurking yesterday, so I better come clean.

I live near the border of GR and someplace else.

I recently left the coveted 25-34 year old age bracket for good.

I've lived in metro GR for about half of those years.

If you cut me, I bleed Spartan Green.

I started a new blog this week. It's about Grand Rapids.

Ooohhh... I feel so much better now that I have all that off my chest.

Greetings! I have been reading this Forum for several months and finally signed up. I am a 34 year old attorney who has lived in GR for the last 8+ years and have worked downtown that entire time and lived near downtown (HH, Eastown and Marywood areas) during that time as well. I have watched the downtown development closely for the past few years. I look forward to reading and posting in the future.

BPJ

Well, I guess I'll add to this one. Recent college grad working in Ada, renting downtown but actively searching for that all important 1st home. I've been reading the forums here for a while and post on occasion. I've been in GR for about 6 years and prior to that lived on the east side of the state.

I figured that I should start participating, since I have bee lurking for quite a while. This is a great resource which I have enjoyed and I look forward to adding my thoughts. Thanks, guys and gals, for all of the information posted here over the past year. It has truly been a treat to read!

I figured that I should start participating, since I have bee lurking for quite a while. This is a great resource which I have enjoyed and I look forward to adding my thoughts. Thanks, guys and gals, for all of the information posted here over the past year. It has truly been a treat to read!

A YEAR Yankeefan :w00t: You've been lurking here longer than I've been a member. Welcome aboard! What made you decide to "out" yourself finally?

Yeah, I am probably the biggest offender when it comes to not participating. Truly, until recently I was unable to sign up because of security restrictions via my company's web access. That all changed a few weeks ago, so I decided I would take advantage of the opportunity. Plus, I wanted to be "one of the guys."

:silly:

Yeah, I am probably the biggest offender when it comes to not participating. Truly, until recently I was unable to sign up because of security restrictions via my company's web access. That all changed a few weeks ago, so I decided I would take advantage of the opportunity. Plus, I wanted to be "one of the guys."

:silly:

nerds2.JPG

Cool!

Archived