1. 1. Where will GR be in 2010?

• 195 - 200,000 pop.
    • 201 - 215,000 pop.
    • 216 - 225,000 pop.
    • 226 - 250,000 pop.
    • 251 - 275,000 pop.
    • 275 - 300,000 pop.
    • 300,000 + pop.

the demestic migration seems to be pretty steady, I wonder how that could be slowed, there are a few new housing porjects, are there just more abanded houses in the city than say 5 years ago. Also I never understood why there was a growing population until the 70s when there was 197k and then in that decade it went down to 181k and then climbed back up. Where there a lot of abandod houses in the 80s and then they started to fill up as the population grew? I hope the city can fill out a little more and have a stablized population somewhere over 200K

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the demestic migration seems to be pretty steady, I wonder how that could be slowed, there are a few new housing porjects, are there just more abanded houses in the city than say 5 years ago. Also I never understood why there was a growing population until the 70s when there was 197k and then in that decade it went down to 181k and then climbed back up. Where there a lot of abandod houses in the 80s and then they started to fill up as the population grew? I hope the city can fill out a little more and have a stablized population somewhere over 200K

... Also I never understood why there was a growing population until the 70s when there was 197k and then in that decade it went down to 181k and then climbed back up. Where there a lot of abandod houses in the 80s and then they started to fill up as the population grew?

I think the population increase from the fifties through till the seventies was due basically to annexation of vacant land during the fifties and the building out of the remaining land in the city during the post war residential building boom. By the seventies the baby boomers were growing up and moving out leaving just Mom and Dad in their fifties house thus less people per household and a declining population.

I

Archived