Uptown Charlotte Project Rundown

dubone

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be nice to have a timeline showing the projected completion dates of each of the towers along with whether sales have started, or construction has actually started, or not started.  Or maybe it is on here somewhere already?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Each building tells what the completion date is if you click on them. Although I believe it only works on the original website.

• 2 weeks later...

From rent to own, Charlotte-style

In one of the nation's hottest real estate trends, developers are snapping up apartment buildings to convert to condominiums.

In Charlotte, real estate lenders and analysts say, conversion is occurring -- but on its own terms as investors scour neighborhoods in or near the center city for the most desirable locations.

"Whatever has a certain panache -- the South End area, old warehouses, lofts -- that's what will be successful in Charlotte," said Arthur Nevid, managing director of investment and lending for Charlotte's Mountain Funding.........

• 2 weeks later...

Also today I noticed that they are rerouting some electrical systems for the IJL parking garage, I assume so they will not be disturbed by Avenue site work.....there was also a survery crew on Avenue today.

This means that right now there is currently activity at:

Courtside

Court 6

M Street

Avenue

EpiCentre

TradeMark

Currently no activity at:

The Park (of course)

The Renwick

The Vue (though we aren't expecting any for at least 10 months)

Maybe the lesson in this for developers is not to stick the article "The" before your project name.

Also today I noticed that they are rerouting some electrical systems for the IJL parking garage, I assume so they will not be disturbed by Avenue site work.....there was also a survery crew on Avenue today.

This means that right now there is currently activity at:

Courtside

Court 6

M Street

Avenue

EpiCentre

TradeMark

Currently no activity at:

The Park (of course)

The Renwick

The Vue (though we aren't expecting any for at least 10 months)

Maybe the lesson in this for developers is not to stick the article "The" before your project name.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

anyone check out the permitting on the Avenue? i don't recall how to find that information...

New Blackberry store opens Uptown

Charlotte can now claim a national first: a store completely dedicated to the sale, service, and support of the Blackberry. The Blackberry is a handheld phoneand e-mail-organizer device popular among white collar workers.

The Blackberry's only store is the first of its kind in the nation and its debut just happens to be in uptown Charlotte, the country's second largest banking center. Both achievements are pretty remarkable, almost as remarkable as the Blackberry craze itself, which some feel is more like an addiction.

On the fertile financial soil of Fourth Street, look hard enough and you'll find a bumper crop of Blackberrys. There are between 10 and 20,000 Blackberry users in Charlotte. And more on the way with the Blackberry store right beside its largest customer base, banking giants Bank of America and Wachovia.

New Blackberry store opens Uptown

Charlotte can now claim a national first: a store completely dedicated to the sale, service, and support of the Blackberry. The Blackberry is a handheld phoneand e-mail-organizer device popular among white collar workers.

The Blackberry's only store is the first of its kind in the nation and its debut just happens to be in uptown Charlotte, the country's second largest banking center. Both achievements are pretty remarkable, almost as remarkable as the Blackberry craze itself, which some feel is more like an addiction.

On the fertile financial soil of Fourth Street, look hard enough and you'll find a bumper crop of Blackberrys. There are between 10 and 20,000 Blackberry users in Charlotte. And more on the way with the Blackberry store right beside its largest customer base, banking giants Bank of America and Wachovia.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Makes sense for the Blackberry people to open up their first store in Charlotte, with the many workers in the finance industry there.

• 1 month later...

Hmmmm....well there is 1st Row over in 3rd Ward....that's 80 more residents......also, there is The Garrison at Graham (39 units though I'm not sure if pre-sells have done overly well).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We need a rolling chart showing what our population estimates are for the next year, two years, etc.

Seems like the big push will be in 2007 when all the big buildings come on line. I wonder if we'll reach 15,000 by 2010?

I think there will easily be 16k-17k within the loop by 2010.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you say...RETAIL???

(with those types of numbers the domino effect will surely be in play to land some nice retailers into the loop)

SWEET !

B)

I think there will easily be 16k-17k within the loop by 2010.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As my math teacher always said, "Show your work." Are we counting J&W students? I can see how that would happen if all the announcements kept up at the same pace and were also completed, but that seems to be overly optimistic.

Of course you tend to have a lot better information than I do. Do you think the popularity and new high rises will beget even more high rises, sort of a big rush?

Archived