Uptown Charlotte Project Rundown

dubone

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Center City Partners (formerly at centercitypartners.com) has updated its website Charlotte Center City and now has a nifty little development section.

Go to the website and click on the Development tab on the left panel and then the Development Report tab also on the left. There are subsections for development projects in each ward, south end, special projects and transit. Unfortunately, the links to the individual projects are not working.

Just checked it and at least some of the project links are working. The links I clicked went to PDF summaries. I did have a problem with the nav links. Had to experiement a little with some to get to the right place. Hey, at least the 2004 report is gone!

Center City Partners (formerly at centercitypartners.com) has updated its website Charlotte Center City and now has a nifty little development section. 

Go to the website and click on the Development tab on the left panel and then the Development Report tab also on the left.  There are subsections for development projects in each ward, south end, special projects and transit.  Unfortunately, the links to the individual projects are not working.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here is an updated Uptown Rundown. Click HERE for the previous thread.

32432112-L.jpg

1 Center City Streetcar Spurs

2 South Light Rail

3 615 East Morehead

4 Irwin Creek Greenway

5 Trade Street Streetcar/Pedestrian Improvements

6 Multimodal Station

7 Third Ward Park

8 5 Wachovia

9 Davidson Street Extension

10 Metro School

11 Independence-Kenilworth Intersection

12 Little Sugar Creek Greenway

13 Target - Home Depot

14 Midtown Square Condo and Shops

15 Grubb Elizabeth Ave Development

16 Seaboard Street Extension

17 5th Street Extension

18 The Citidan

19 The Park Condos

20 Trademark Condos

21 Third Ward Park Complementary Development (Furman?)

22 Adam's Mark Redevelopment

23 The Avenue Condos

24 South Blvd/277 Reconfiguration

25 2nd Ward Master Plan (Furman, Brooklyn Renaissance Project)

26 Courtside Condos

27 Court6 Condos

28 Renwick Condos and Apartments

29 Drakeford 8th St. Townhouses

30 M Street Condos

31 Piedmont Court Hope IV Redev.

32 Alpha Cotton Mill Apartments

33 Brevard Street Widening / Pedestrian Improvements

34 First Ward Park and Parking Deck

35 CPCC Master Plan

36 Garrison at Graham

37 Fourth Ward Greenway

38 North Commuter Rail

39 I-77 HOV Lane

40 230 S. Tryon St. Condos

41 Hampton Inn Clock Tower

42 North East Light Rail

43 Epicentre/TwoTenTrade

44 Trade Street Federal Courthouse

45 Trinity Capital Mixed-Use project/Polk Bldg

46 Queens University Law School

47 Westin Condos/Offices

48 Cornerstone 300 S. Tryon Offices

49 Amtrak High Speed Rail

50 CitiLine Development - Skybox

51 Reflections Tower

52 The Vue

53 1st Row Warehouse

54 Fiber Mills/NC Music Factory

55 200 W 10th

56 Wachovia Main

57 Hal Marshall Site

58 Levine Master Plan

59 UNCC

60 Arena Outparcels

61 NASCAR Hall of Fame

62 Lazes Entertainment District

63 Furman/Merryland Apartments/Mixed

64 Days Inn Site

65 Berkman Tower at Carolina Theatre

66 Cornerstone Condos at Carrillon

67 Gateway Village Expansion

68 "West End"/Coffee Cup Area

69 Ritz Carlton

70 2 Corporate Center

71 Arts Campus (Theatre/Bechtler/Mint/Wake Forest MBA)

72 The Ratcliffe Phase II/Wachovia Condos

73 Johnson and Wales Business School/Student Apartments

74 Spectrum Graham/Trade Residential Tower/Retail

75 Warehouse:3

76 The Piazza

77 Third Ward Warehouse District

Projects Completed >2000

C1 Sycamore Green

C2 Johnson & Wales

C3 Post Gateway

C4 Gateway Lofts

C5 Mt Moriah Church

C6 J&W Dorms

C7 Charlotte Cotton Mills

C8 Fifth and Poplar

C9 Silos

C10 626 N Graham

C11 715 N Church

C12 Hearst Tower

C13 First Ward Elem.

C14 Tivoli

C15 Cityview Lofts/Towns

C16 Skyline Terrace

C17 10th St Towns/Alex Lofts

C18 Saussy Burbank Homes

C19 Trinity Episcopal School

C20 Children & Family Services

C21 CPCC Facilities Services

C22 CPCC IT Building

C23 CPCC Prof Dev Building

C24 Ratcliffe on the Green

C25 Westin Charlotte

C26 3 Wachovia

C27 CPCC Academic Center

C28 Imaginon Children's Theatre/Library

C29 Meck Courthouse Parking Deck

C30 Meck Courthouse

C31 City View Towers Student Apts.

C32 CVS Pharmacy / Offices

C33 NBA Bobcats Arena

C35 Settler's Place

C36 Jefferson Place

NOTE: THIS INFORMATION WAS COMPILED BY [email protected]. ALTHOUGH THESE PROJECTS ARE PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE, PLEASE INCLUDE A LINK TO URBANPLANET IF REUSING THIS COMPILED INFORMATION.

You can also get Center City Partner's development report, which has some similar information as this rundown, but also some additional project details by clicking HERE

Let me know if there are any updates or errors. Thanks!

post-670-1124304655_thumb.jpg

post-670-1124304655_thumb.jpg

thanks for the compliments. I hope everyone gets something out of it...

i've updated the pic and projects list to include today's Big Announcement/Next Big Thing in 2nd Ward, and a couple of minor corrections to remove projects that aren't visible on this aerial angle, and the addition of Citiline in 3rd Ward.

Thanks, atlrvr and others for your feedback!

D, Just finished reading the paper this morning and then went for my usual morning drive around the city. I specifically went to the Avenue site as well as the site of the future transporation hub. This will be HUGE ! (and even that is an Understatement) I think this will only spur more dense development along W Trade. What we are finally seeing is a fill in of all vacant land left in Center City. BTW, did anyone notice the piece in the article about the 2 acre parcel adjacent to Presto Grille ??? Anyone have any clues on what that could be. My assumption is a residential/retail complex. (or maybe another Residential Highrise, since it is so close to the Park)

Once W Trade is developed to I-77 the drive around the loop will be breath taking. I am seeing CLT 10-15 years out being one of the most dense mid-city city (cities with 2-4M in Metro) cores in the US. This is what I like about CLT over many other Southern cities that tend to sprawl. I know we have our share, but I think our CBD will be much more appealing. It will be Pedestrian and bike friendly and will have a feel of a small NYC or Chicago. It already does feel that way on Tryon. I-277 will actually help us to keep developmet tightly compacted. With many residential towers UC (and more coming to the Third Ward area) the parcels left to develop are becoming scarce. I agree with Furman. I think CLT will have a very Eouropean feel to it, if mid-rises fill in the wedges of the four wards. Office development is also starting to finally heat up. Now if we can just get the renderings for the Wachovia project I will have enough to keep me going for quite some time. B)

A2

There is now a website up that corresponds to #50 on the map which is over in the 3rd Ward Warehouse district.....it will always be Pantherville in my mind.

http://www.warehouse3.com/

It's the same developer to do 1st Row a couple of blocks away. I believe this project is already almost completely sold out except for some large rowhouse style lofts.....pretty impressive for a project that has yet to be announced.

http://www.jenkinspeer.com/identity.htm

Came across the Jenkins Peer Architects website and it has a project on there that says "Proposed Banking Headquarters, Charlotte, NC" when you move the curser over it. It is the project on the left side of the page, and it appears to be at the Cornerstone - 300 S. Tryon site. I'm guessing that this is a dead proposal, but I have never seen that rendering before. Just curious if any of you all knew anything.

BTW, once again great job dubone on putting the new rundown together.

i don't know, but it is possible that that is the office proposal that is slated to replace the original 300 S Tryon design. The original design was for office to take up the whole lot from tryon to church with office, but they now plan to put a residential tower on the church street side, with office only facing tryon. This could potentially be the design for the smaller-scale office component to their plans.

i really kind of like the design. it isn't too ambitious, but it would definitely stand out.

That's a great looking building. I would assume that it is a dead proposal since most never get released if they are current. However, I never heard rumors of any banking HQ, except the possibility of Deutsche Bank, so I'm not really sure of what to make of their title.

On the other hand, Jenkins Peer is designing the Wake Forest component of the new Wachovia Tower, but this certainly seems to be the wrong block give the inclusion of those other buildings in the rendering.

Archived